I'm still waiting...

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Thanks for those transparent posts, this is what this forum needs IMO. No point in discussing something that is not going to change.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Exactly what I read into for this game, but hadn't heard the official call until now. Signing off....
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Sad to hear, but I appreciate the transparency.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2017
    Come on, bring it in.. group hug.

4293484923.png
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    The song to go with the hugs now we got rid of the negativity.

gKQ6BB2.png
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    I completely appreciate the post Tots. This is what myself and it looks like the community has wanted for awhile now. I just hope the Americas Army franchise will live on after this game, and AAPG and AA3 can be used to better shape a future Americas Army game. These last two games that failed had loads of potential and I think a really great game can still be created by using what went wrong in them. I can assure you (and I'm sure a lot of the community feels the same way) that I will definitely be interested in any beta testing for any game if one is made.

-SD-DELTON wrote: »

The only thing i want is for the moaners to move on so we can enjoy the game as it is.
    Stop trying to spoil what we have i like the game and have fun playing it.
    I hope tots post helps you move on.

You honestly sound like a child. The community is only concerned about the game so we are voicing our opinion. Nobody asked you to read any post that involves complaining. Since you enjoy the game so much, why don't you just stick to the game and stay off the forums. I don't know what else to tell you guy.
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »

The only thing i want is for the moaners to move on so we can enjoy the game as it is.

You honestly sound like a child. The community is only concerned about the game so we are voicing our opinion. Nobody asked you to read any post that involves complaining. Since you enjoy the game so much, why don't you just stick to the game and stay off the forums. I don't know what else to tell you guy.

He's just grumpy because he was recently banned when we are the toxic and negative people supposedly.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited February 2017
    My hope is that if there is ever another AA, that the Devs take a look at all three games and take the best features from them plus maybe new things that make the game unique (I've always thought an RPG-type soldier stats system would be a cool idea) to make a top notch game. I hope it would have more of the feel from AA2 and even AA3 compared to PG, but that's my opinion. Anyway, good luck, and I hope for the best whenever the next version of the AA series comes out (if it ever does).

P.S. This thread had a wealth of information, definitely worthwhile to figure out what your fans wanted before they ever played AAPG: http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5615&sid=0bab400cc027c1d3594d0a3a06228345
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    g..guys what happened? Why so emotional??? Don't tell me development is stopping? This was my first multiplayer game :( :( :(
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2017
    You could say that development ceases on v1.0, beta period was for testing/adding new content and features. I saw it/called it a while ago, when they rather visibly moved to a support capacity, so I'm not sure why people have been so surprised that we won't be getting mechanic, gameplay etc.. kinds of changes. We actually should have known things would be slowed and changes to the game stopped once they went live with full release.

Not gonna lie it saddens me that we won't be seeing new stuff, a medic role in particular.. if there's one thing that's annoyed me most about AAPG is the fact anyone can just pick up anyone. Giving the whole healing role more purpose and exclusivity would have surely helped cut down the reckless revives I seem to have to endure on this game.. on a regular basis :rage:

Anywho, on the bright side.. Tots said they have some things planned, I guess we can always look forward to whatever these things will be :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited February 2017
    You could say that development ceases on v1.0, beta period was for testing/adding new content and features. I saw it/called it a while ago, when they rather visibly moved to a support capacity, so I'm not sure why people have been so surprised that we won't be getting mechanic, gameplay etc.. kinds of changes. We actually should have known things would be slowed and changes to the game stopped once they went live with full release.

Tots said they have some things planned, I guess we can always look forward to whatever these things will be :mrgreen:

This is not quite true as the core features definitely were touched after release. Basically the mechanics discussed here such as the addition of aim punch (not quite sure about this one), nerf of leaning and sliding. M24 was nerfed as well after release and their statement about not touching the weapon mechanics as they were happy with how it was. There is probably more seemingly small changes that ruined it for some players. I remember gameplay being way smoother at release as well.

Yes, not surprised as it was clearly showing recently but there hasn't been a clear cut and a statement regarding development status has been long overdue.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player

Not gonna lie it saddens me that we won't be seeing new stuff, a medic role in particular.. if there's one thing that's annoyed me most about AAPG is the fact anyone can just pick up anyone. Giving the whole healing role more purpose and exclusivity would have surely helped cut down the reckless revives I seem to have to endure on this game.. on a regular basis :rage:

Anywho, on the bright side.. Tots said they have some things planned, I guess we can always look forward to whatever these things will be :mrgreen:

AAO/2 had the initial release as v1.0 and then each new version had new features, maps, etc. I looked it as if AAPG had this beta period where we got to play the game before the real 1.0 and then after that it would be like any other AA game where new features and such would be added as we went. I do wonder whether player numbers had to do with the halt on major development if it this was the plan from the beginning. Oh well.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I'm definitely not surprised by it. Sad probably wasn't even the right word, either. I'm just worried we won't see an AA5 that combines the positive elements of the past incarnations. AA:PG could have been great but it just wasn't (my first AA game).
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    You have to have a really weird idea on game development if you think they can or will just overhaul the entire game after it has been released. :p Most of what you are asking for is a complete redo of the system, not just cosmetic stuff, but code etc. If you expect that to happen out of this, it can't and won't happen. Not on a free-to-play game, especially. It is just extremely unrealistic.

Your best bet is to voice your opinions and desires so that the developers know what to do or try for the next game.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player

No need for insults.
    gKQ6BB2.png

No need for insults.

No need for insults? You say that after I told you to take a seat guy. You called myself, and a few others "moaners" when we just were serious about the direction of the game and wanted answers. I can find quite a few posts on forum where you attempt to insult others.

Anyways, I am glad that the devs actually saw this post, and felt that it was important to answer the burning question. As previously mentioned, I just hope they take the positive and negative critiques of this game, and bring us a new Americas Army title on a new engine (have to admit I know nothing about game engines, I just read people saying that it will fix a lot of game mechanics).
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    Thank you for the honesty, Tots.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    AA:PG as it exists today is the game. We will continue to fix bugs and add new content as we can, but core AA:PG will remain as is. That doesn't mean we won't try to keep the game fresh and fun, but what some of you are asking for in this thread simply isn't going to happen.

Has anything changed since the previous statement that there are no future America's Army games in production/pre-production?
    TheTots wrote: »
    AA:PG as it exists today is the game. We will continue to fix bugs and add new content as we can, but core AA:PG will remain as is. That doesn't mean we won't try to keep the game fresh and fun, but what some of you are asking for in this thread simply isn't going to happen.

Has anything changed since the previous statement that there are no future America's Army games in production/pre-production?

Great question that I would love to have answered!