I'm still waiting...

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    This is still accurate.
    TheTots wrote: »
    It's important to remember AA isn't the only thing we do at the Army Game Studio. As a matter of fact, it's far from the only thing! We make a lot of projects, some of it bigger than AA. From some of the most complex and realistic training simulations all the way to mobile apps and VR/AR, we're always working on a lot of exciting tech.

AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.
    Being a f2p game is no longer novel, and being a f2p shooter doubly so.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    GAAAAAAHhhhhhh

65733091.jpg
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    e8e704cc2cbb15de1aed050ab5edfa0ce11f9f4afd36b9a322d7e745e732cb80.jpg
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    That was just low...

Clearly you have a lot of people excited about a possible new project/game like I have mentioned a few times in this thread.

#doit
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Ouch, I need a band aid. Feels bad, man.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    edited March 2017
    I was sitting on the toilet at work and reading page 11, trying not to cry. At page 12
    This is still accurate.
    It's important to remember AA isn't the only thing we do at the Army Game Studio. As a matter of fact, it's far from the only thing! We make a lot of projects, some of it bigger than AA. From some of the most complex and realistic training simulations all the way to mobile apps and VR/AR, we're always working on a lot of exciting tech.

AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions.

.....I don't need to tell you what happened. :p

Anyway

Da ist was im Busch meine Freunde!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    This is still accurate.

=)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player

-SD-DELTON wrote: »
    The problem is the players that play the game to just relax and have fun with their clan members don't bother with this forum they just want to play so most of the arguments about how bad the game is in these post are always one sided....
    I for one like the game I don't want a AA5 the only problem I see is the negative post here and a few but fixes.
    The bug fixes will be done in time its a shame the negative comments by a handful of forum members cannot be fixed the same way - by the dev's removing them >:)

Tell that to all the people I know that stopped playing the game because they didn't like it. I have never seen their names on the forum

Same here...just look at the forum archives and you'll notice the difference anyway.
    Derob6.jpg
    I feel like this is the equivalent of doctor saying " We dont see any cancer cells anymore, you should live a long happy life", letting the patient get insanely grateful, and then "But then we opened our eyes, and they were everywhere.... your gonna die tomorrow" Something along the lines of Dr. Spaceman

c59c4fca9be831d0a3ac58cc28aedb5a.jpg
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I'm almost certain it's unintentional, but the Devs are doing a lot of kicking people while they are down on the ground with some of the replies and trolling.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    RIP Koden btw [*] You will be missed. Still can't grasp the concept of hiding people's posts without telling them. Now that there was a clear statement about the state of the game, are we gonna get one for this weird moderation choice as well?
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    If we were going to announce a new project, AA-related or not, I doubt we would do so on page 12 of a thread like this.

It would be on page 42 at least...
    The community has no idea what to expect as far as communication, and are starving for something new.
  • CaterP wrote: »
    If we were going to announce a new project, AA-related or not, I doubt we would do so on page 12 of a thread like this.

made my day lol

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited March 2017
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    This is still accurate.

=)

This guy has to be the most annoying player in this game. Delton, you have already complained that we are annoying forum users and we are cry baby's. How about you go play the game and stay off the forums because we apparently bother you so much.

Click on my name then in top right corner click ignore then you will not get annoyed by my post =)
    I can post on forum while playing =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    CaterP wrote: »

AA5 confirmed :mrgreen:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    CaterP wrote: »

Let's fill these pages
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    You guys are kinda bringing disappointment on yourselves when you start pulling portfolio stuff from other projects and attempt to read too much in to them. We are just trying to stop you from getting worked up about something that has absolutely nothing to do with any projects you would care about or ever have a chance to play.

Do we work in UE4? Yes, all the time.
    Does any of that UE4 work involve AA:PG? Nope.
    Would we use UE4 on a new public facing game? More than likely. We certainly wouldn't use UE3.
    Do we plan on creating another public facing game? Sure. Hopefully. Someday. We certainly don't have anything to talk about right now though.
    So, are we still working on AA:PG stuff? Yes.
    When will you be hearing about it? In a couple months.... hopefully. Things could catch on fire between now and then.
    Is it cool? We are excited about it. Some of our players will be really excited about it as well. Others won't and that'll be okay. It won't revolutionize our core gameplay, but we are hoping it will increase the game's visibility and, as a result, increase our current player base.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Is it cool? We are excited about it. Some of our players will be really excited about it as well. Others won't and that'll be okay. It won't revolutionize our core gameplay, but we are hoping it will increase the game's visibility and, as a result, increase our current player base.

Knives confirmed.

Seriously though, thanks for that post Rawrster :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player

Knives confirmed.
    inb4 glove skins