I'm still waiting...

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Let me chime back in... if I may?

This is AA:PG...
    CAC40KIC101D021001.jpg

This is every other game that the world is now playing....
    2016-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-C7.R-Edition-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

Talk about an engine upgrade....
    googley avatar aapg

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited March 2017
    Just go with the others
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited March 2017
    I have about 30-40 people on my steam list who played AAPG regularly at some point (about 95% of them met while playing AAPG). I think only about 20% of those still play the game regularly.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I have maybe about 30-40 people on my steam list who played AAPG regularly at some point. I think only about 10% of those still play the game regularly.

you right, in my opinion this is because there is so much competition, aka other games to play that are just as good if not better (gameplay/other reasons).

I think if they ever do decide to make the next AA game they need to take into HEAVY consideration something that will make the game "unique" plus something that will bring in what I call the "new generation" of gamer.... while also using the game as their "recruitment tool" to get people to join the US ARMY.

honestly I got zero ideas on how to make AA stand out from the competition and or make it better.

wish them luck :P

I know I am/will be playing regardless :P

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I doubt they have the time or resources to make an AA that would stack up to prior versions. The outlook is dismal.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited March 2017
    BTW, I still think that there may be more going on than the Devs tell us. Unless they've completely turned their focus to internal simulation type things.

This video came out in Dec 2015 showing "America's Army" on UE4 (56 seconds). Notice that it doesn't say US Army Simulator or something like that.

When this came out the Dev team said it was all internal stuff, which it probably is. However, it also could have been the precursor to a new game. BTW, our favorite mapper Wolverine also has on his Steam profile: Current Project: Secret UE4 Project. Now we all know that Wolverine was doing work with/for the Dev team. Although he's only said publicly that it was unrelated to AA. Either way, Secret UE4 Project sounds interesting.

Anyway, just a few nuggets to throw out there. The Devs won't tell us if AA5 is being developed. They could have been working on it for a long time and just not let anyone know until it's ready.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited March 2017
    I doubt that snippet of AA there is even using UE4, I see it's making use of multiple AAPG assets and tbh looks no different :mrgreen:

I'm sure tots or another dev once told of that video, what it is/was used for.. I just can't find the topic :(

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I doubt that snippet of AA there is even using UE4, I see it's making use of multiple AAPG assets and tbh looks no different :mrgreen:

I'm sure tots or another dev once told of that video, what it is/was used for.. I just can't find the topic :(

I believe the video was put out to show off UE4.
    https://www.unrealengine.com/news/soartech-partnership-government-military-applications
    Today Epic released the following video to showcase UE4 capabilities for simulation, visualization and training:

It's supposed to be a video for training. Which the AA team has said they do a lot of their work on. However, what was presented at that time (almost a year and a half ago) looked like a pretty legit game. It wouldn't beyond the realm of possibilities that they would use that base to create the next version of AA. Let's also not forget that AAPG v1.0 came out in October 2015.

AA5 Confirmed :p

Those screenshots look pretty sick. It definitely tells us that the Army Game Studio is fully into UE4. Makes me wonder even more if there's any public content being developed.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited March 2017
    While that ITSEC video says "America's Army" it is a totally different project we worked on. That polycount link is for another totally different project within the studio as well. The developer that posted that polycount work (as well as the other three credited contributors) are all principle artists on the AA:PG project. It is a good example of the type (and size) of projects we can get pulled on to while simultaneously trying to work on AA:PG.
    edited March 2017
    While that ITSEC video says "America's Army" it is a totally different project we worked on. That polycount link is for another totally different project within the studio as well.

Well turn them into a new game! :mrgreen:

Either way, seems like you guys have some crazy stuff going on with UE4. So it's not like building a new AA5 would be as "from scratch" as it would seem. Here's another cool video I found. Crazy how quick buildings can be created and how awesome the landscapes look.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    While that ITSEC video says "America's Army" it is a totally different project we worked on. That polycount link is for another totally different project within the studio as well.

Or is it...?
    CaterP wrote: »

Or is it...?

the-very-best-of-the-conspiracy-keanu-meme-u2.jpg
    Cliffhanger... And Docs in the house!?!?!?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    giphy.gif
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Cliffhanger... And Docs in the house!?!?!?

AA5 - Medic confirmed
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

TheTots wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Helmet skins?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    giphy.gif

ULTIMATE TROLL!!!
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    I teared up a little, before realizing how sore my rear end still was from the weapon skins. Can we get a straight answer instead of tugging on my heartstrings so much?