Parking Garage (WIP) now with 6v6 version

[NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
edited April 2016 in Mission Editor
After I first published Med Centre, one of my clan mates suggested someone should make a map based on a multi-level parking structure.

Well I took his suggestion and ran with it.

Parking Garage is an extraction map, similar to Intercept. It is an early version, and because of how open it is, I need to make sure snipers don't make it boring.

qOjeqhG.jpg

zQgInNK.jpg

JAKG19H.jpg

aS5WlDR.jpg

Quick Youtube walkaround.

I need to add comm volumes and if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Comments

• *(-ScV-)*V1P3R*(-ScV-)*V1P3R Posts: 112Player
    Looks very nice look forward to the final result. keep up the good job
    5.199.133.69:7778
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Looking great indeed. Add tire marks :p
    Oh well.
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 126Moderator
    Looks great... :) :)
    Maybe add some oil mark"decals" and other fine details.
    Will sub when finished...
  • looks real nice :)

To do is to be,To be is to do, Do be do be do
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    edited June 2015
    I suck at making decals :s but I've added some.
    Also modified a few things like cover for assault to reach the garage as it was too easy for defense to get to an overwatch point and snipe before they found cover.
    Also added beams to fill the gap between the walls and floor on the road side, as it was possible snipe early through this as well.
    Broekn rail near defense spawn moved further away to slow their access to the bridge walkway.
    Extraction point has had some blocking added as defense could get out behind the wall and through the heli.
    Heli pad extended as it looked too small to land a heli on before.

Update will be posted to the workshop once build is complete.

And thanks for the compliments.
    Updated and published for v1.0.

I am having issues getting a flame sound to play on the missile fire. I am sure there was a sound asset in the previous version, but can't find it now :'(
    If anyone has a fire sound asset I could borrow or know if there is one somewhere in the assets, let me know :)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I think they removed it, or they turned it into one of those fancy AK sounds :lol: but I couldn’t find it either..

I used this in my UMM if its any good to you?, its not very fierce, its more a 'cozy' fire sound but then, fire is fire

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zq2qr8H4ipVjU3QWRaZ2tIanc/view?usp=sharing
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    It looks really interesting! I haven't seen a map that close to a city before, so it will be a nice change (would be sick at night though). Are there any places in the open for people to hide from potential snipers, besides the cars?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • {RR}-Maclobster{RR}-Maclobster Posts: 218Beta Tester
    I think this will be a nice map to play on, i saw this while ago , nice you update it, gonna try this one :smile:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Fun Map!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    OK, so I have created a version of this for the competition with 6v6 spawns.

I have moved the defense spawn into the extraction building which I think gives a balance to the map.

The only thing I am not sure about is how easy it is for defense to camp the extraction, and how difficult it is for assault to really reach the building. It might work better with 6v6 though.

Also, if anyone thinks the map is too big for 6v6, I should be able to block off (or destroy) some of the level area) to reduce the area to cover.