[Update 16-08-2017] Riverborder

*(-ScV-)*MooZe^CL*(-ScV-)*MooZe^CL Posts: 108Player
edited August 2017 in Mission Editor
Hi All

The Map is All Done plz report any bugs u find

Steam Workshop Link: [url="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444233562[/url]

Regards

=[SK]=MooZe^CL
5.199.133.69:7778

Comments

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Looks good, I can see similarities to AA2 Border. Will keep an eye on developments, and will see if I can get it on to our clan server for testing.
  • *(-ScV-)*MooZe^CL*(-ScV-)*MooZe^CL Posts: 108Player
    Thx m8 i appreciate it
    Had a quick look in single player, certainly some has possibilities, and I am guessing there is still quite a lot you want to add.

My main thing at the moment is it is quite open, with little cover between buildings. Will you be adding bushes or something?
    Are you allowing players to crawl through the river without injury? Might be good if you can get something like the Kismet from Octopus to use for the health reduction underwater.
    Also with the river, there is the splash sound on the edge of the water, but once in the water it is silent. It would be better if the water makes a similar or louder splashing noise.
    I do worry about the fact it is take and hold on a map of that size. It could easily lead to two people going backwards anfd forwards around the map taking objectives without even seeing the other person?

I think it is a good start, and look forward to developments. I do like how you have actually developed the purpose of buildings (e.g. church has pews), rather than just using assets randomly together.
    Thx for testing m8

Still a work in progress and will add a lot of things to the map for instance:

1. yes i know it is too open thats why i'm adding somehow more cover options.
    2. i'm working on getting a health reduction in work when u been under the surface too long time.
    3. I have added sound to the river so it now sounds like ur in the water.
    4. for now i think it will stay as Take & Hold but might be adding another objective later on.
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 120Moderator
    For your underwater issues..
    1.Add Post process Volume..Use DOF and play around with color variants..
    2.When adding a player damage add a delay as well so when they enter it has a slight delay before reducing health..
    Good luck..
    edited June 2015
    Made a little update making hills looking more cliffy and has the ability to climb them plz test it out also added some more bushes and a hanging bridge. it will be running on our server from now and then

New video:
    Hi All

i made an update made an physicsvolume so u will be applied damage when ur in the water for too long and also added some more cover options and the last thing added some climbable cliffs for making it harder to take the Y objective at the church . PLZ check it out it's on our server for some hours tonight feel free 2 join!!!

Regards

=[SK]=MooZe^CL
    Hi All

The map will run on our server all evening for testing so plz join us and report any bugs u find.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    What is your server name?
    Scandinavian Knights
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,502Player
    SoldierBob wrote: »
    What is your server name?
    Skandinavian Knights. Ip 91.109.25.74:7778
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited June 2015
    Here's a flythrough of the map
    https://youtu.be/xAE9yH9WYRk
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,109Player
    edited November 2015
    For your underwater issues..
    1.Add Post process Volume..Use DOF and play around with color variants..
    2.When adding a player damage add a delay as well so when they enter it has a slight delay before reducing health..
    Good luck..

I'm aware this is an old thread but I don't want to make a new thread just to ask something rlated to water effects on a character, deltas post was one of the first that came up in a search for 'underwater'..

So yeah, I managed this underwater thing easily enough, well in a fashion.. I used a physics volume (to slow down character movement and give damage whilst inside the volume) and a post process volume to muffle the screen simulating being underwater..

Now the problem I'm having is.. as your character is losing health the post process effect is lost when the character receives damage. I think it's an effect the devs have added that overrides the post processing in the level, here's a video..

so my question is, is there any way to stop the post processing from popping in and out.. becoming clear then back to blurred, when receiving damage? ideally it would want it to be blurred the whole time your under the water regardless of character status effects.

I know it looks unnatural anyway.. Running underwater etc.. But I'd like to try and keep the post processing for as long as the character is under the water, as a desired effect. I'd alo like to know if theres a way to remove inventory, ie have the gun become holstered or rather, unavailable to use whilst in the water, same for grenades etc..

I gotta feeling its all going to be needing using kismet but I don't know where to start to be honest, have the pool be a volume triiger when you enter it remove inventory? it all makes my head hurt and experimentation is killing me slowly :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

What type of damage are you using? I know there are several different type like explosion, bullet, fall etc. Obviously you can see from the video that you are getting bleeding damage from drowning which is not very realistic.
    Just wondered if one of the other damage types might not give you bleeding, and also reduce the post-process change. Mabe the bleeding is what affects the post-process?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,615Player
    Looks like a map for respawns

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,109Player
    edited November 2015
    What type of damage are you using? I know there are several different type like explosion, bullet, fall etc. Obviously you can see from the video that you are getting bleeding damage from drowning which is not very realistic.
    Just wondered if one of the other damage types might not give you bleeding, and also reduce the post-process change. Mabe the bleeding is what affects the post-process?

I think the bleed damage is indeed causing the post process to change, I'm using a physics volume to apply damage over time, that only happens when your character enters that volume, initial touch damage is turned off, but I don't see an option anywhere in the properties of the volume to apply any different sorts of damage to the character, but I do understand what you mean about the various types of dmage taken.. Problem is also, even I f I managed to apply a different type.. Would that also allow bandaging? that too looks a bit funky to me :lol:

I did find an environment volume that might help with the damage thing, not sure as I didn’t get time to test it out, nor imagine the devs have added a suffocation damage type.. I'll report back on that later.

Another crazy thing is even though I have basically slowed the character movement using the physics volume (basically you sink slowly rather than drop) you still receive a normal amount of damage as if you dropped from a height :lol:

This just might be one of those things that aint going to work as I'd like it to no matter what, not without actually having official development to cater for it. Its like trying to add a swimming animation, its not something in the game, not been animated etc.. so its not something we can do (or at least I don't think it is) :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,106Player
    Good Job!
    googley avatar aapg

Hi all just wan't to sat that im going to update the map to the recent version of aapg and maybe put in as subject for the Great outdoors competition
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 213Player
    Really nice!!, will uploaded to our server!!
    Its updated now also with sounds