State Of The Game

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    SgtScooby wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Very few rude teams in comp towards each other...there might be times where someone makes an outburst but it's usually only for the lulz.. most teams respect the others, we are a small community, always appreciate a good scrim and say GGs..

It's the people who bash the comp scene without experiencing it that gets under our skins.

I mean [TOS Violation], just look at Deman's thread. Some people take this game far too seriously. It's one of the reasons(and the biggest one) I won't join any clans. Much easier remaining friends with everyone when you're not in the middle of some stupid clan or competition argument.

Dude Dem@n claims to be the best player on the best clan in AAPG, he back it up with pub victories.. its laughable!! he gets zero respect because of his delusional way of thinking that pub>comp. He's been challenged to a match numerous of times and nothing, continues to post nonsense SS. He would get far more respect if he accepted the challenge and lost.. maybe not now, I think that boats failed.. he would get humiliated but thats all on him.

look at Carebear clan.. they might have 1 win in 2 seasons but still going.. still playing.. thats awesome!

Teams that quit because they get rolled a couple of times get no respect.

I myself was in a similar situation where I was asked "why am I with =IK=" I had many possibilities to join winning teams, but there is no challenge in that.. I rather stick it out and build a team, but I guess some players just like the easy way out.. in that case I dont care if they quit after 3 matches. This is Comp.. cK^ can challenge whoever they feel like it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Very few rude teams in comp towards each other...there might be times where someone makes an outburst but it's usually only for the lulz.. most teams respect the others, we are a small community, always appreciate a good scrim and say GGs..

It's the people who bash the comp scene without experiencing it that gets under our skins.

I mean [TOS Violation], just look at Deman's thread. Some people take this game far too seriously. It's one of the reasons(and the biggest one) I won't join any clans. Much easier remaining friends with everyone when you're not in the middle of some stupid clan or competition argument.

Dude Dem@n claims to be the best player on the best clan in AAPG, he back it up with pub victories.. its laughable!! he gets zero respect because of his delusional way of thinking that pub>comp. He's been challenged to a match numerous of times and nothing, continues to post nonsense SS. He would get far more respect if he accepted the challenge and lost.. maybe not now, I think that boats failed.. he would get humiliated but thats all on him.

look at Carebear clan.. they might have 1 win in 2 seasons but still going.. still playing.. thats awesome!

Teams that quit because they get rolled a couple of times get no respect.

I myself was in a similar situation where I was asked "why am I with =IK=" I had many possibilities to join winning teams, but there is no challenge in that.. I rather stick it out and build a team, but I guess some players just like the easy way out.. in that case I dont care if they quit after 3 matches. This is Comp.. cK^ can challenge whoever they feel like it.

Your first paragraph pretty much makes my point for me. Who cares if he thinks he's the best? Who cares if he'd get dominated in a match vs comp players? I mean it's certainly not so important that it needs to resort to name calling(not from you, but others in that compilation thread, and threads in the past).
    -
    My post did not/was not meant to imply there's not good people or clans in comp. My post was simply pointing out that the competition scene isn't exactly the most friendly of scenes, but again, that's the clan scene in general it seems. I've seen entire clans get banned from servers over the most ridiculous things, and that turn in to some sort of flame war between them, even between members that had nothing to do with the banning on either side. I've listened to people trash talk(and not the joking around kind, either) entire clans or certain people in clans because of trivial reasons such as the clan may not be very good at the game, or because something stupid happened in a match, or similar things.
    -
    I want to say that's the case with every game, but I joined a clan back when I played Counter Strike: Source a lot in 2007(and I'm still in that clan to this day, technically, though it's not very active anymore/not really considered a clan anymore), and as big as that clan was(had over 100 members at it's peak, playing CS:Source, Halo and other games), never was there any real arguing with any other clan in any of the games, and we got along pretty well with everyone, and that was the general gist I got from the other clans in CS:S as well. Not to say arguments never happened between any clans in CS:S, but it seemed like a lot less than what happens here.
    -
    There seems to be something with this game's community that pisses everyone off. For a game to be so small community wise(relatively, anyway), there sure is a bunch of hate in it.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    There really isnt that much "hate". But again, there is not enough sportsmanship either, it is rare GGs are dropped, just like the GL HF is rarely said before matches.

I believe that there are far more friendlier people in this game, then other games were opinionated players seem to boast their meaning a lot. And trashtalking is basically all the fora are made up of.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I think it's mostly that there isn't anything else going on at the moment to discuss.

There's always some baseline level of drama between players hiding in the background. If the league guys are busy thinking about all their scrims and matches and team rankings and the next event and what changed in the new patch and ... well, that background drama gets drowned out and isn't as important.

Not to downplay interpersonal issues or anything, I'm just saying the forums can end up amplifying conversations that wouldn't normally attract all that much attention.

Anyway. Poll results from another game:
    QHGzDqx.png

On my "people are the same everywhere" theory, I'd expect results for AA to be similar. I don't really have a point with it, just throwing it out there.
  • `no_longer_active'`no_longer_active' Posts: 30Player
    edited June 2015
    @DK: I think you guys are way overemphasizing the posts. Demon calls colt a scrub. Doba a noob, etc. He also clearly name called HBK and others and tried to get them banned. In response, we call him out, too. However, at the end of the day, it's all fun and games. (After all, it's a video game where one of the main objectives is to KILL other people. If you love the idea of killing someone, but get offended by "namecalling" then I don't know what to say to that.)

Now, have you ever participated in a real sports match where competition gets intense? I can tell you right now that name calling is almost inseparable part of that. In fact, in professional sports, name calling and trash talk are part of the game, too. Just youtube "NHL players trashtalk".

None of the players wish anyone harm. We're just having fun. I laugh when demon calls me names, or says I suck, etc. When I visit Hungary, I'm willing to go have a drink with demon, too.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015

Dude Dem@n claims to be the best player on the best clan in AAPG, he back it up with pub victories..

can you back that up with a quote,don't remember ever saying or writing this.
    @DK: I think you guys are way overemphasizing the posts. Demon calls colt a scrub. Doba a noob, etc. He also clearly name called HBK and others and tried to get them banned. In response, we call him out, too. However, at the end of the day, it's all fun and games. (After all, it's a video game where one of the main objectives is to KILL other people. If you love the idea of killing someone, but get offended by "namecalling" then I don't know what to say to that.)

technically Doba called himself a noob if you wouldn't twist my words and quote me properly from the old forums,i'm used to read by now your truth bending comments more on this further down.As for HBK and his friends including the iog player,clearly deserve a ban for every aspect recorded in my video if you would actually bother to watch it without a biassed mindset like colts does.I'm cool with namecalling wasn't that different 10-15 years ago in aa2,the problem starts if people can't bring up ingame related arguments and start throwing around insulting comments in regards of personal life that they don't know anything about fueled by a number of never ending grudges.

As for you blazer,could you stop twisting my words in your comments please,i understand the pack spirit that you try to follow and obey by feeling partially responsible to argue with me,you could stay atlast objective as a good example is Hyperlite in this case.
    As i see it you are trying to add fuel to the fire instead of calming down arguments as you claim to be impartial and objective wich you are clearly not for lots of reasons.
    btw if you post the same reply in 2 different topics wont make it actually true or more important to read.
    You have been spreading rumours and talking badly behind people's backs since the first month after i added you on steam and shortly after deleted you,guess bad habbits die hard.And that stalking hobby of yours is something you should think about.
  • `no_longer_active'`no_longer_active' Posts: 30Player
    edited June 2015
    Dem@n.

1. I really don't talk about you except on this forum. Everything is public and transparent and nothing is "behind your back".
    2. I now realize that you have a real problem. I'll edit my post to reflect that. Let me tell you that everything is going to be okay. Looking forward to your new videos! (See my PM.)
    3. Let me tell you that no one actually hates you. You're part of the community. We're just criticizing some aspects of your decisions. (You post pics with troll captions so we troll you right back -- that is all.) No hard feelings.

Lastly, big brother, what do you think would motivate you to join competition? A lot of teams are quitting and/or inactive.
  • i9.unknowni9.unknown Posts: 38Player
    Blazer, you have a cute cat. Here's my boy lol
    33nddo0.jpg
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited June 2015
    I like Everyone and Cats... life is good. Let's all be Cool Army Cats with each other.

r169_457x256_19683_Spec_Ops_2d_cat_military_special_forces_specops_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 680Player
    It's the behind the back [TOS Violation] that aggravates me...such as seeing screenies of a coN mbr trash talknig all open teams and how we're all garbage and blah blah. So, there's still the negatives to comp, just less than ayear ago.
    edited June 2015
    It's the behind the back [TOS Violation] that aggravates me...such as seeing screenies of a coN mbr trash talknig all open teams and how we're all garbage and blah blah. So, there's still the negatives to comp, just less than ayear ago.

My clan tfs,joined the ESL cup after support was asked here on the forums by the "competition" players to get the ball rolling, pub clan teams signed up to show their support and get a new experience without mutch thinking and preparation.The problems started shortly before ,during and days - weeks after the match.The immature childish behaviour from some of the people they played against might be normal for some of you guys seasoned in trash talk and gloating but for people who are new to fps games and can chose and pick the server /people to play against/with and play this game to actually have fun for a couple of hours every now and then it was huge turn off.They probably will never play PG competition again maybe they played with /against the wrong people.So it's not about league structure,it's about people who don't know how to behave on the internet and can do so without consequences and lack basic human manners ,backbone and upbring.
    That's what i heard first hand.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Like Blaz3r said, trash talking comes with competition, it's in every comp sport played. Lan matches should allow fighting like hockey..lol

Instead of crying people should be motivated by it, make them eat their words... or just quit.

Krux called me a call up main player, I almost uninstalled.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited June 2015
    trash talking comes with trash people,look at my video topics,plenty of examples.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    trash talking comes with trash people,look at my video topics,plenty of examples.
    Coming from the guy who thinks im serious on these forums.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited June 2015
    Coming from the guy who thinks im serious on these forums.
    i don't really care about you but let me tell you a funny story from yesterday,there was a second account NA player on a US server judging from his 50 ping on ORD i played yesterday with an untraceble account.He had some decent movement and shooting that made him stand out really fast and he used the same routes and tricks that i recorded in my latest video,one of them left an impression like shooting from lower bamboo the east and west balconys wooden walk paths form underneath on Hospital that i never saw anyone except me do before.Now tell me people don't learn from me and my videos anything new.Atleast he tryed to make a difference for someone not having the balls to play with his real name,not like blazer who enjoys beeing a paparazzi with a second account in spectator for 5 matches and then suggest that we drink a beer.
    You should also make a video series of your game play,maybe someone will learn something he never saw before and i promise unlike you I'll make objective comments in your topic.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    That said, that's not just a problem between the comp teams, that's a problem with clans in general regardless of what level they play at. I mean [TOS Violation], just look at Deman's thread. Some people take this game far too seriously. It's one of the reasons(and the biggest one) I won't join any clans. Much easier remaining friends with everyone when you're not in the middle of some stupid clan or competition argument.

bad example though...i've done exactly as you. our friends lists on steam are probably very similar too... doesn't stop clans or people from slinging mud at you when it was meant to hit someone else...
    -
    you realize i am not in a clan.... and deman tried to drag my name through the mud. for what?
    -
    deman doesn't know me at all, but he is fine labeling me as unsportsmanlike. ironic, he is here in the forums claiming his biggest problem is with players talking trash...
    -
    he initiates. he talks trash in game to complete strangers. and when someone replies to it then he acts like the trash isn't originating from his mouth. so he has this beef with people... he creates it... he just adds names to a list. anyone who responds to him is a trash talker... delusional.
    -
    to be clear: talking trash to strangers is fine if it is all in fun, like an ice breaker, a friendly jest...
    -
    but deman is so serious about it and he has an obvious complex. he isn't friendly. he wants to be enemies. he wants to drag your name through the mud. that's why people do not like him.

• [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    edited June 2015
    Is it just me or it's not really an issue in Europe? We don't love each other sometimes, but at least we are friendly :P
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    just for you deman
    tumblr_nb1leeH5Cm1qf9mevo1_500.gif

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Is it just me or it's not really an issue in Europe?

Not an issue in europe, just a few players disliking and trashtalking each other but those are usually the people who like doing so and don't really take it seriously. Speaking for myself I'm fine with pretty much everyone we are playing currently and except for one person I'd consider everyone pretty nice and friendly.

From playing on EU and NA servers I'd generally say that there is less trashtalking on EU and I feel like it's just about the nature of NA players to trashtalk alot, however that's just how I experienced it.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    edited June 2015
    "The golden rule your parents and your kindergarten teacher taught you was pretty simple: Do unto others as you'd have others do unto you. Imagine how you'd feel if you were in the other person's shoes. Stand up for yourself, but try not to hurt people's feelings.

In cyberspace, we state this in an even more basic manner: Remember the human."
    -
    The Core Rules of Netiquette:
    http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.