Make our next weapon skins!

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Nice uni

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    Can someone point me to which bit is the slide handle lol... cant work it out from the image alone
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited January 2017
    Here ya go, circled it for you :mrgreen:

neyzyw.jpg

There's also the underside of it just underneath there (shaped like an upside down T, the 'red' piece) I forgot to put that part in the circle :(
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Nice uni

Whats that I see? A compliment from the Doba..

surprised-gif.gif

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    If we could see the enemies skins as well, that would be something

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    Preview for an M4 Tiger :mrgreen:

In Editor

2rf5wtx.jpg

30rlczs.jpg

In Game

161gnpt.jpg

ok53bs.jpg

Getting there, learning :+1:

How did you preview your gun in-game?
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 25Player

In Editor

2rf5wtx.jpg

30rlczs.jpg

In Game

161gnpt.jpg

ok53bs.jpg

Good job, that looks good.
    Can I point out that on the guide, the submission link isn't even there
    edited January 2017

In Editor

2rf5wtx.jpg

30rlczs.jpg

In Game

161gnpt.jpg

ok53bs.jpg

It has to be done in the editor, first load up a map then make the changes to the skin in the content browser, follow the instructions on the steam guide to apply the skin to the weapon, ensuring that you apply it to the default M4 here..

M4A1_1P_Body_Skin1_INST

That's the one you spawn with by default in the editor after you click play level :)

Please whatever you do, DON'T save packages or anything after you have done any of this or else it will break the editor, so when you exit the editor, don't save anything.

Thanks for the compliments, I've just finished up doing the iron sights, I don't think we can do the scopes? still looks good without though I feel.

255jbbm.jpg

I already broke the editor twice... lol... I didn't know how I was doing it
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Looking awesome so far! I'll get that submission link updated on the guide too. Really impressed so far. I took a try at it before we put the post up and it helped confirm that I truly am not an artist.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -VI-eNkk.-VI-eNkk. Posts: 56Player
    edited January 2017
    Please whatever you do, DON'T save packages or anything after you have done any of this or else it will break the editor, so when you exit the editor, don't save anything.
    Oh boy.. Did it before looking at your post, fix?

Update: Fixed by doing this:
    -Flops- wrote: »
    This happens alot when you save a package after closing the editor , if you have done that go the path folder and remove what does not need to be there . C:\.......\.........\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\cookedPC . The only folders that need to be in here is "Maps" and "LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk" , inside the maps folder is your saves so make sure you make a copy of that folder before messing with it . . This usually works for me , but im also sure other will post soon as they get thier lazy asses out of bed . Eng-Sol spends all night at strip club , Hawk is usually one of the strippers there . and Wolverine , Delta and Keebler .... well They are just drunks .

Fix is usually to verify your steam files, but you may also have to remove the newly saved assets from the AAPG files in your Documents folder, they will be in here somewhere..

\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame

If you want you can delete all the things in the America's Army folders, the game will just make new ones when you next launch it. If you want to keep settings and configs just keep the config folder (of course if you make UMMs be sure to not remove them lol)

In Editor

2rf5wtx.jpg

30rlczs.jpg

In Game

161gnpt.jpg

ok53bs.jpg

It has to be done in the editor, first load up a map then make the changes to the skin in the content browser, follow the instructions on the steam guide to apply the skin to the weapon, ensuring that you apply it to the default M4 here..

M4A1_1P_Body_Skin1_INST

That's the one you spawn with by default in the editor after you click play level :)

Thanks for the compliments, I've just finished up doing the iron sights, I don't think we can do the scopes? still looks good without though I feel.

255jbbm.jpg

Interesting that you're using the photoshop 3d object, I found it more tedious

Unfortunately I only have Photoshop :(

Unfortunately I only have Photoshop :(

I edited mine in Photoshop too but modified the flat skin rather than the 3d object
    Oh I didn't paint the model, that would be some task :lol: you can edit the default texture by double clicking it in the layers section here

zwi8on.jpg

You may have to enable the UV overlays so just click the box here..

33yidu8.jpg

As you edit the flat UV, when you go back to the 3d model, BOOF.. your work on the flat skin is transferred over to it in 3d glory :mrgreen:

• -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 17Player
    looks awesome man
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    There seems to be some confusion on the weapon skin guidelines so let me clear something up.

You can not use anyone else's content in making it. No images you found online, no camo patterns that someone else created (most are copyrighted). Even a re-creation of a copyrighted camo pattern is a nogo.
    You have to make 100% of the weapon skin yourself, by hand, with no outside content.
    Anything short of that will cause the skin to be rejected.
    Legally we can not accept other people's intellectual property. That's theft.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion on the weapon skin guidelines so let me clear something up.

You can not use anyone else's content in making it. No images you found online, no camo patterns that someone else created (most are copyrighted). Even a re-creation of a copyrighted camo pattern is a nogo.
    You have to make 100% of the weapon skin yourself, by hand, with no outside content.
    Anything short of that will cause the skin to be rejected.
    Legally we can not accept other people's intellectual property. That's theft.

Can you clarify on use of the default skins?
    Oh dear :scream: You may have to hang on 10 years whilst I get some proper design education haha! :lol: