Make our next weapon skins!

Comments

• [kT]GODominus[kT]GODominus Posts: 84Player
    What exactly are you looking for in a weapon skin? Are we looking for the flashy Chantico's Fire or is it supposed to be more serious and realistic like the skins are now
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's pretty much anything goes. We don't want to box you guys in on this at all. Just be reasonable in regards to things the Army can put out. Obviously no terrorist flags on the skin, or nudity, nothing copyrighted, that kind of stuff.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited January 2017
    I'll have a proper go.. once I get the hang of it, probably start small on the pistol :lol: that was just a first (very bad) attempt haha, figuring out which part of the UV map on the texture is to a certain part of the weapon is what I'm finding a real challenge :lol:

To think.. people do this for a living.. :surprised:

Ye, the first time it always get tricky.. You're lucky cuz my photoshop didn't open the .obj at all.. So I imported it into C4D, I've put the weapon back to getter and now its time to get the texture in the correct location of the model..

ridsud.jpg

EDIT: @TheTots I'm guessing you guys have the image mirror in-game the way you setup the templates, but to be sure can you confirm that?.. Like you see the right side of the weapon as the textures mixing up like a good old cocktail on the back, the mag and the side grip :lol:

sz7538.jpg

20pojue.jpg
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 25Player
    No nudity? I don't think I can take part in this contest anymore
  • |FOX|Pitpav|FOX|Pitpav Posts: 41Player
    edited January 2017
    nice ! we can do clan skin and put it on with specific clsn name mate on it?
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Finally SNOW SKIN YES :D
    Oh well.
  • [kT]GODominus[kT]GODominus Posts: 84Player
    Is there a way to view the magazine in the AAGame Editor?
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 638Player
    great idea , just see all these shiny guns sticking out of bushes , most real guns are mat for that reason ,

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited January 2017
    Is there a way to view the magazine in the AAGame Editor?

Yes. The magazine uses the same texture that the main weapon does, but is a separate mesh. Just follow the instructions in the guide for viewing your skin on the weapon and then open the up the magazine mesh. It is 'M4_1P_MagFull_SM' for the M4. Your texture should show up there.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    EDIT: @TheTots I'm guessing you guys have the image mirror in-game the way you setup the templates, but to be sure can you confirm that?.. Like you see the right side of the weapon as the textures mixing up like a good old cocktail on the back, the mag and the side grip :lol:

There isn't any mirroring on the weapon. There is room on the texture sheet for both sides of the weapon.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    I think what he's saying is the UV map for the M4 is incorrect for the model, I get them weird black bits too, even if I paint the whole texture one color.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    edited January 2017
    so I can finally take these babies off the wall?

xrbs7x2.jpg
    PLevlex.jpg
  • =R*C=.WhAmBo=R*C=.WhAmBo Posts: 1Player
    I am having difficulty with the whole previewing in the full editor thing. Basically I'm just a nub who doesn't know Unreal and doesn't follow instructions. Could I send my PNG files to someone else and get them to do that part for me?
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    so I can finally take these babies off the wall?

xrbs7x2.jpg
    this should be the m4 ELITE OPERATOR (500 golden hawkeyes) skin
  • -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 17Player
    Having alot of fun with this guys. :D pretty awesome. can't wait to see more entries . :) will keep making more. but this ones just a test run. :)

doc11_by_xo_deano_ox-dawznge.jpg

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,424Player
    Every Country flag that plays the game =) just a idea for those making them.
    edited January 2017
    Preview for an M4 Tiger :mrgreen:

In Editor

2rf5wtx.jpg

30rlczs.jpg

In Game

161gnpt.jpg

ok53bs.jpg

Getting there, learning :+1:

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    Is there an easy way to get the default skin file?
    edited January 2017
    I used a workaround, took screengrabs of the texture(s) in the editor then resized them in photoshop to fit in the UV maps they provided. Its a bit of a pain, but I found it really helps not only with what part of the weapon is what on the UV map, but would also save me lots and lots of time by using some parts of the original skin so that they at least look natural on the weapon :lol: here's a pic of the default M4 skin (oops i did the specular map for this example lol) but you get the gist I hope :mrgreen:

2j4o8si.jpg

2mqt26h.jpg

Simply open it (or any of the other textures you might want), then take a sneeky screengrab.

As you can see the devs are kinda pro's at it, there's no way on earth I'd get one looking anything like that, so I'm just skinning some parts and borrowing others, I mean, a gun barrel is a gun barrel, no sense in me making it look like a fluffly slipper (which would be a fire hazard too haha), when we can already have a normal looking one :lol:

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    Thanks Uni, thats what I wanted it for too.. it helps as that skin is made for the 3d model, so its helpful for shadowing and bits like that