Exciting news game

123457»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    So why post pure negativity, especially the same thing over and over? Why? What is to be gained?

I've said before that forum tone matters. I'm not ashamed of attempting to redirect in a positive direction. If some of you think turning back toward negativity is a solution.......well, I just don't see how....

I don't expect anyone to be happy about bugs and glitches....heck, I'M not....but the community is created by the posts and actions YOU take. Simple as that.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Tots was right, people had been asking for the ability to make their own skins.

who-are-these-people.jpg
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    So why post pure negativity, especially the same thing over and over? Why? What is to be gained?

I've said before that forum tone matters. I'm not ashamed of attempting to redirect in a positive direction. If some of you think turning back toward negativity is a solution.......well, I just don't see how....

I don't expect anyone to be happy about bugs and glitches....heck, I'M not....but the community is created by the posts and actions YOU take. Simple as that.

Ok,lets make a list about the positive aspects of the game.

1. Its free to play. (If you forget about the insane computing power you need compared to some AAA titles out there,if you want to have a fun time)

2. It mostly runs if you click the start button.

3. If you like to get disappointed from announcements - the forum of the game is the place to be for you.
    AAPG is good!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Negativity is posted throughout these forums because positivity historically has not produced the desired results. In communicating the need to change the game, negativity is the only place one can make a point in case without having to manipulate their exact thoughts to soften the blow. I'm all for positivity when you see the team making positive efforts towards a community desired goal.

Like the comp beta team. As much as a failure as that may have been, it was a positive approach from the team in making the game better. Even in all the negativity in that house, there was some really good information to come of that. It took the negative nature to spur beneficial feedback.

Constantly softening things up and putting a smiley face on it doesn't make the game better.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    well im sorry if i sound like a hater ,(ive played aa all through ,except 3 cause that suxed ) but i dont see its anything to be excited about , its not like we can customize our own gun skins , we can SUBMIT a skin and if its deemed worthy its available to everyone good great , but its a small token , i understand the devs haven't got free range , maybe they would love to add stuff , maybe they dont , we dont know they never say , as most players feel the games stagnant , even another umm contest to pacify some people for a while , we all see it , some just make more noise , its not hate its disappointment
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Tots was right, people had been asking for the ability to make their own skins, I don't see why there should be any complaints.

I have a feeling a lot of skins people make will be discounted even if they are top notch, simply because they don't fit the theme or ethos of the game. We have to be mindful of that I guess, but then they did warn us.

ding ding

This is not an update to wet our whistles or add winds to our ever deflated sails. It's extremely disappointing to be an AA fan since October 2013.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is some sort of sick Army study in which we're all being tested. What mindless, numb creatures we are.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Can we get a psychology forum section already?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited January 2017
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Tots was right, people had been asking for the ability to make their own skins.

who-are-these-people.jpg

tbh I don't know, I just remember seeing people ask about the possibility of making their own skins, twas I'm sure around the time the devs released the official skins and unlockable stuff patch.. which I'm pretty sure at the time he said was not a possibility. I remember feeling sad for others, may have even shed a tear :lol:

Yet here we are, skins and all but still no Medic.. get DOC back! stop the head exams!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    We can probably count on both of our hands the total amount of people who wanted skins in the game (not entirely accurate, I know). We have to acknowledge that this is a much more achievable task than what most of us are asking for and I think people get that, but we'd like to know that what a majority of the community might want is the top priority. Pushing a major feature aside to work on something like skins is a hard slap in the face for most of us, so the rebuttal for such hype will only be negative.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Custom skins is not a bad thing to have, the problem is timing. When a game is dying if not already dead.. you need game saving features, this is not one of those features! This is something that's welcomed but if this is the only big new thing we get in yet another yr or so.. as the kids say RIP

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Custom skins is not a bad thing to have, the problem is timing. When a game is dying if not already dead.. you need game saving features, this is not one of those features! This is something that's welcomed but if this is the only big new thing we get in yet another yr or so.. as the kids say RIP

I posted on that forum post, essentially ripping the devs for doing this skins competition to just keep us some what interested, but it's just too late and they deleted my post :angry: .They need to bring something to the game that will make everyone go "hmm, that seems interesting. Lets load up the game and check it out". There currently is nothing about the game that makes me want to do this though, and I can promise you that a new "snow" skin or a "tiger" skin is not making me excited. In all honesty, even a "AA2 Classic" map pack where they release a 2 or 3 classic maps will get people a little bit more interested, but they would need to keep introducing new features, and I just don't see that happening ever.
    Keebler750 wrote: »

I was on your side a year or so ago. I thought that people were just being negative to just complain, but they were looking ahead and could see a game that was dying. I have tried so hard to be positive since the original beta became available to the public, but I just cannot be on your side anymore. The release of the skins just really annoyed the heck out of me. It was almost like a big ole "Screw you, you all are annoying us so we will have you all make skins and keep you busy and thinking about the game".

In summary: I'm Salty AF.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    How this post is not yet closed is beyond me lol, this must be a new record

They took it out of the latest discussionlist in hope it will just fade away. :D
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »

They took it out of the latest discussionlist in hope it will just fade away. :D

We all know they hardly read anything that we post about, and complain about anyways. Or they read it and choose to ignore it.
    The latter... they ignore and/or just pick things that fit to their supersecret armyagenda..like weaponskins that was wished by maybe 2-3 persons in here years ago... ( I read anything in here and never recognized a huge desire for skins )
    AAPG is good!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Sorry dev's but this is not exciting news to me personally I don't care a bleep about skins -R@MPAGE- is right you need to bring something to the game that will make everyone go "hmm, that seems interesting.Lets load up the game and check it out".
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Sorry dev's but this is not exciting news to me personally I don't care a bleep about skins -R@MPAGE- is right you need to bring something to the game that will make everyone go "hmm, that seems interesting.Lets load up the game and check it out".

Don't say this too loud. They might delete your post. We can't have you pointing out the obvious!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    They can't close this thread. This update is generating the most traffic the website has had in 9 months.
This discussion has been closed.