Ping Spikes Only Playing This Game

So before I start up AA to play my ping is on a steady 30ms. As soon as I start is up every 10 seconds or so I spike to over 1000, it happens twice for example

32ms
1432ms
48ms
1324ms

Then is goes back to normal again then does the exact same thing again in roughly 10 seconds.
It only happens with this game, once I close the game, the ping spiking is non-existent.
If anyone knows a fix or just someone that has a problem with this as well please try and help me out.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Before you start, your ping to WHERE is 30ms? Your ping to the AAPG server IP? Or just to some random internet server or your ISP? These are not the same things.

I agree there may be some weird stuff going on, but you need to understand your ROUTE to the AAPG server through all the internet hardware along the way. I recommend checking out a tool called "Ping Plotter" and also do some general research on network structure.

You may find that there are bad routers along the route causing your grief!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited January 2017
    I find that most of my ping spikes have been related to other devices using my Router. I have more than enough Bandwidth but other devices using the WiFi cause me ping spikes. Mostly my phone is my cultrate. It begins updating apps or uploading photos to a cloud server like google photos or similar. When it does I spike to 1000ping. think this is the maximum ping game will show. My ping spiked that high once that my movement was delayed so badly that I accidently ran up stairs and out the window on upper gallery. I then landed and ran towards lobby desk thinking I had survived only to collapse dead 5 seconds later at desk :anguished:
    edit. I use a LAN cable for my gaming PC but still other devices using wifi cause spikes
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    JoGary wrote: ยป
    I find that most of my ping spikes have been related to other devices using my Router. I have more than enough Bandwidth but other devices using the WiFi cause me ping spikes. Mostly my phone is my cultrate. It begins updating apps or uploading photos to a cloud server like google photos or similar. When it does I spike to 1000ping. think this is the maximum ping game will show. My ping spiked that high once that my movement was delayed so badly that I accidently ran up stairs and out the window on upper gallery. I then landed and ran towards lobby desk thinking I had survived only to collapse dead 5 seconds later at desk :anguished:
    edit. I use a LAN cable for my gaming PC but still other devices using wifi cause spikes

If you have "more than enough Bandwidth" this shouldn't be an issue. Try looking into your phone settings though, you can usually schedule jobs like this to a time you aren't playing at.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited January 2017
    I play whenever I got free time. no set time that I play. Also I should note that windows updates have caused me ping problems in past but I turned of Auto update. Yeah I guessing it my router that doesn't deal with multiple connections that well. It rarely a problem now I know how to avoid it. I guessing that this chaps problems are not like mine as he seems to have it regularly. every 10 min or so.
    He should use ping plotter or similar program. Use IP of a server he knows he has lag on and that will tell him where on route the latency problems originate. Windows has a MS DOS ping program built in but been many years since I used it. Does the Job though. It called "Ping" funny enough and can be ran through command prompt. Although I would suggest something with a GUI. It is the Noughties after all :)
    Once he tracks down where problem originates then he won the first battle :)