PLEASE HELP! Official Servers (and many others) don't appear in the server list.

Brsk79Brsk79 Posts: 7Player
edited January 2017 in Server Support
Hi Everyone,
I have a problem,since Sept I can't see anymore the full server list when I click on "online".
Also,if I change tab (Favorites-History-..) they are all blank and if I switch back to the Internet tab,it will be blank aswell; if I click Refresh the list won't refresh,so if I want to see the server list again I need to re-start the game.
I'll attach a short video of the problem,usually there were about 25-30 servers before this problem:

As you can see everything is normal.

Follows a list of things I already tried:
-The game and the Steam client are automathically updated.
-I already scanned my pc for viruses.
-I did not change anything on the firewall/router.
-I already uninstalled-reinstalled the game.
-I already switched off the PunkBuster services and then on again.
-I already went into Steam – Settings – In-game – and in the bottom lowered the value of In-game server browser.
-I already verified Game Cache (via Steam).
-I already turned off my anti-virus and attempted to connect again but no results were achieved.

--> When I click on exit after the loading of the server list I can't surf the net for about 20-30 seconds as if the router were overloaded,but it is the same router I have had in the last 2 years and I don't think the router could be the problem but it can be related to its overloading. <--
I didn't ever need to open any port for Steam or Punkbuster online aswell.

Can anybody help me,maybe some dev?
I already posted a discussion on Steam but no one could help me fix this,also sent a ticket report to the site but it didn't work either. Let me play the only game I'm happy to play on my pc. :(

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 602Moderator
    edited December 2016
    What security software do you use? Comodo?

Here are two somewhat random suggestions relating to network interference by software.

Game takes a minute to respond to clicking on server, (or have to click multiple times)
    log file will show multiple ports being opened to the server
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/203290/discussions/4/490124466458450901/#c490125103634712114

a feature of comodo internet security...
    HIPS function.
    AAgame.exe must be added like an exclusion on Detect shellcode injections

it was the Bigfoot Network Killer E2100. I had to open the programdata folder and edit the gamedetect XML to bypass AA.exe. Since BFNK uses its own NPU to offload processes you must manually bypass that feature for unsupported games.

Go here to see the instructions. Click on why doesn't GTA 5 work.

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/knowledge-base/12-killer-legacy-killer-xeno-pro-killer-2100-killer-e2100
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 629Administrator
    Verify Game Cache, Also try to filter threw all the filters. If not I also had the same issue where noting I did could fix the problem however I could see a list of server in my history. But I waited for the next release and it fixed itself after the 2nd release. Good Luck.
  • Brsk79Brsk79 Posts: 7Player
    m_hermann wrote: »
    What security software do you use? Comodo?
    Here are two somewhat random suggestions relating to network interference by software.
    http://www.killernetworking.com/support/knowledge-base/12-killer-legacy-killer-xeno-pro-killer-2100-killer-e2100

Used the "Deactivate protection for 10 minutes" option,but the problem is still there so it is not the anti-virus.
    Verify Game Cache, Also try to filter threw all the filters. If not I also had the same issue where noting I did could fix the problem however I could see a list of server in my history. But I waited for the next release and it fixed itself after the 2nd release. Good Luck.

I already verified game-cache,I thought I'd be an useless operation so I did not listed above,I'll add it by editing the message.
    Maybe this is one of those cases where anything I do I could fix this issue,in fact I'm waiting for un update of the game.

I did not totally get what you wrote about the filters: do you suggest to turn them all on and re-lauch the game?
    Brsk79 wrote: »

Used the "Deactivate protection for 10 minutes" option,but the problem is still there so it is not the anti-virus.

That doesn't answer either of my questions, deactivating software won't help if its a low level conflict, since the software is still running.
    Just filter threw all the filters till they all go back to ANY. Friend in my clan had this issue once and for some reason until a new patch, this was the only way we could get him to see and servers.
    That doesn't answer either of my questions, deactivating software won't help if its a low level conflict, since the software is still running.
    I can't add AAPG as an exclusion because I can't find a real .exe to exclude,the AAPG's link is an internet link,and in the properties I can only see steam://rungameid/203290 but its type is still an Internet Link (.url) and this won't be accepted as my antivirus is opening a window to find all .exe files (the program is Avast! by the way..).
    The only way it could be stopped is to deactivate it for 10mins/1hr/until the pc is re-started,but yes it will still be running.
    Just filter threw all the filters till they all go back to ANY. Friend in my clan had this issue once and for some reason until a new patch, this was the only way we could get him to see and servers.

Sounds really weird but I will try..
    Do you mean by cycling one filter at a time (Filter one: any-yes-no-any; then filter 2..) or all set to yes,then all set to no,then all set to any again?
    I will try multiple ways,though.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 940Moderator
    Brsk79 wrote: »
    I can't add AAPG as an exclusion because I can't find a real .exe to exclude,the AAPG's link is an internet link,and in the properties I can only see steam://rungameid/203290 but its type is still an Internet Link (.url) and this won't be accepted as my antivirus is opening a window to find all .exe files (the program is Avast! by the way..).
    The only way it could be stopped is to deactivate it for 10mins/1hr/until the pc is re-started,but yes it will still be running.
    The path to the game exe is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32", assuming you have a standard install
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Just filter threw all the filters till they all go back to ANY.
    I tried to turn all the filters on but that could not fix the issue. :(

frankof wrote: »
    The path to the game exe is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32", assuming you have a standard install
    Thank you very much,I added it to my exclusions but no progresses were made. :/

I think the problem may be about router overloading because when I quit the game I can't surf the net for a couple of seconds as if the game must be properly shut down.
    Have you tried to reset the modem/router ?
    Please add me on steam and I will see if I can work with you on getting this issue fixed. -=MvC=-Gorilla
    Please add me on steam and I will see if I can work with you on getting this issue fixed. -=MvC=-Gorilla

I sent you a friend request; the time zone won't help us communicate,I guess.. ^^
  • hey guys I have same exat issue yall find a fix?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    This is typically a permission issue. The server browser is being blocked by a firewall.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.