Flashlight not working in server

Hi All

Hope somebody can help me bec. it's driving me crazy the thing is ....

I've made a flashlight for my level and setup in kismet with a key/button pressed event and everything is working perfect when playing in editor but when the map is uploaded to the server it's not working i think i've tried everything now to get it working but i simply can't get it to Work!! Can anybody maybe help me

Regards

*(-ScV-)* Mooze^CL
5.199.133.69:7778

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    1st is it a flash light you carry ?
    if so i would think it wouldnt work since there is no animation sequence in game to support it
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited December 2016
    Don't need an anim for an effect. Two separate things. Maybe an issue of object spawn/attachment?

BUT... I have seen some kismet work in editor but not in game. I think some of it seems to have to do with server comms. Just a question.....is this work saved WITHIN your map package? (So other clients etc can access it)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • *(-ScV-)*V1P3R*(-ScV-)*V1P3R Posts: 112Player
    Hi There

I got it to Work now , Works like a charm but now i have another problem when u turn on the flashlight the enemy can not see the light does any of u Guys know how i can accomplish this? and btw thx for helping me out i really appreciate this...
    Do you have the effects or kismet set to client side only, some how? (I have no idea what you've done, so it's tough to comment...)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Hi Keebler

This is my kismet:

2fea621260.png

edited December 2016
    Oh, that's pretty neat!! So, it attaches a mesh to the player, then operates the light? Again, still really hard to dig into without per-element properties, but.....COOL!

I know the flag/backpack/C4 is 'attached' but what did you attach the 'flashlight' to? (Has to do with skel mesh bones, doesn't it?)

I'm betting one or more of those bits of kismet say "client side only" and even then, I don't honestly know if this is do-able, but top marks for giving it a go!!!!

:+1:

(By the way, I do know some....but I don't know very much about this stuff....)
    ______

Hey All

I've managed to attach the flashlight to the gun so now it's following gun all directions see this video at below link..... BTW sorry for the poor quality but i think it's good enough to show hehe....

https://facebook.com/maxchr/videos/10208185522731582/
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    edited January 2017
    Now that looks cool . Another thing to remember . The setting u use and set up in editor may not function the same in server as the editor and server are not set up exactly the same . Not got pc to help at moment .
    Just for example .
    The water in my submarine base , in the editor u bob about like u are in water and cannot force player to the bottom only move about in it, but on a server when u hold down a movement key it forces u to the bottom .
    Also I notice from picture you don,t seem to have anything connected to reset everything .
    Oh just remembered think I added gamestage events to shut down stuff, before next round .
    Think that's in cooperstown stuff kismet.
    I know that sometimes what's working in editor is not working on server but now my flashlight is working proiperly both in editor and on server HooooaH but [TOS Violation] Editor is one thing the game on server another hehe
    That's really impressive, Mooze!!!! It looks like you might be able to make night missions possible and beat the Gamma Crankers with your concept. For instance, what if NVGs basically project light only in the direction you look while they're equipped? Then there's an incentive to use them!!!

How does the flashlight appear to other players watching? Do they see the light and therefore the position of the Opfor?

What is the "Non-flashlight" lighting setup in that video? NO ambient lights in the map, or....?
    ______

I have no other lights than the flashlight no point or directional lights at all only this flashlight
    i haven't tested the map with other players yet waiting for my Clan mates to come online so we can test if the other players can see the light
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    300c9464e35392faee4f55540adc7513.jpg

Well worthy of taking ones "hat off", very nice!

AA3 once had flashlights, I remember seeing their models in the gamefiles (amongst other cool stuff).. yet they never seemed to be added to the game.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    300c9464e35392faee4f55540adc7513.jpg

Well worthy of taking ones "hat off", very nice!

AA3 once had flashlights, I remember seeing their models in the gamefiles (amongst other cool stuff).. yet they never seemed to be added to the game.

I enabled flashlight in AA3 (called Surefire in AA3) once but can't recall how. It wasn't useful.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.