A little bit more TRANSPARENCY please

ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
Devs -

Would you be able to share some of what you're working on in regards to the AAPG project? What features we can expect, something, anything really...

All we know is that you will have a new mapping contest sometime in the future. I'm sure your user-base shares my sentiment in wanting to know what we can expect for 2017.

TY
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    +1 on this.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'd give my right nut..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 731Player
    Oh yay, another map competition
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,620Beta Tester
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Oh yay, another map competition

Think of it as a great opportunity for Comp players to show us they really DO know how a map should be designed..........! It's all on you, Doog!

:D :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Comp player doesn't mean map maker

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ANDR!C0ANDR!C0 Posts: 853Player
    The word transparency made me giggle, don't think we will ever get that. Not worried with what they bring in 2017, especially not since multiple upcoming shooters are specifically going to focus on eSports and fast paced gaming. But i do hope they are coming with a performance boost for this game, it feels like a lot of the aa vets are awol.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    edited December 2016
    Don't worry guys, vague items are coming "Soon!"

I kidd... I kidd... Hopefully we'll get a nice response here. This thread comes from those of us who really do like this game, we just want to know where it's going.
  • noisiviDnoisiviD Posts: 1Player
    Don't worry guys, vague items are coming "Soon!"

I kidd... I kidd... Hopefully we'll get a nice response here. This thread comes from those of us who really do like this game, we just want to know where it's going.

...It's going to the recycle.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    what the "community" would like, and what the client wants are 2 different things ,
    i agree game needs something soon
    what the "community" would like, and what the client wants are 2 different things ,
    i agree game needs something soon

It's just sad this client doesn't realize he's killing the game

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    edited December 2016
    I would guess that the "client" will be changing real soon.... something along the lines of a new leader of the free world? I have hope. Original army ops was developed, and in its prime, in the previous red party presidential era...

The new one said he would increase funding to the armed forces, maybe some will trickle down to this team to get them the resources they need.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited December 2016
    The new one does not agree with violence in video games, is seemingly 'against' first person shooters (on the whole), so funding for such a things begs a question :(

I'd glady post proof but last time it got removed, so anyone who's befuddled, google it :lol:

I don't think asking for a sneek peek of something(s) to come is asking for much, I highly doubt they'd see Seal Team 6 swiping them up (dev team) and destroying the AAPG servers/data.. unless there's nothing more to come? in which case I'd be sad. Maybe it's just a case of they don't want us to be sad, hence the silence.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    Uni-Sol, if you dont mind, would you PM me the info? I had some trouble finding good sources :)

Hearing NOTHING is rough, as someone who has been waiting for the sequel to HL2 EP2 since 2007, I'm used to this loneliness....
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I've read those type of comments and frowned upon it. No FPS? Dead to the world...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    The new one does not agree with violence in video games, is seemingly 'against' first person shooters (on the whole), so funding for such a things begs a question :(

I'd glady post proof but last time it got removed, so anyone who's befuddled, google it :lol:

I don't think asking for a sneek peek of something(s) to come is asking for much, I highly doubt they'd see Seal Team 6 swiping them up (dev team) and destroying the AAPG servers/data.. unless there's nothing more to come? in which case I'd be sad. Maybe it's just a case of they don't want us to be sad, hence the silence.

Can you PM me a link? That is concerning.
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    Devs, can we please get a response here?
    Bug fixes and bad maps ...

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    Coming Soon™

Or not, at times its simply not worth it due to changed circumstances, what they plan/work on might be scrapped prior to release for what ever reason.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    We do have an idea of a good map design, just we dont have map designers that can dedicate 100% of their time to it.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We are working on a few different things right now, but none of them are at a state that I can talk about them yet. I understand you want more than that, but I can't give it at this time.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.