Punkbuster is a pos

2»

Comments

• Flatlander wrote: »
    Then you probably can explain why the devs dont take advantage of these competent organizations.

How the f.. should I know why they don't use it go ask them..
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Keep calm homeboy :)
    AAPG is good!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    We all know why they don't and rightly so.
  • VR|46.VR|46. Posts: 28Player
    BattlEye pleaseeeee? dunno if its been disscused before...but.. cant we ask them to get a better A.C.? ya i do believe in santa

Tbh noone really cares because cheaters aren't really an issue in AAPG.
    tbh theres more than u would thought, im not talking about hackusations but real ppl who admited to use crap when they run into "real cheaters" (actually skilled players instead lol) ive ran myself into ppl killing entire team standing at the spawn just shooting at the floor, and/or Dheads kicking ppl out of a server (obviously not talking about vote kick) a fair amount of friends got tired of that crap and decided to take a "break"

I've seen more cheaters in CS:GO than I have in AA:PG which I played twice the amount of hours with 2000 hours. No doubt that VAC is a better A/C than PB. I can still count the cheaters I personally encountered in AA:PG on two hands. The cheats you described aren't really an issue either, easy to spot, easy to ban. Sorry but going as far as taking a break sounds like they accused way more people of cheating than there actually were to me. Either that or they've never played any other online games before, AA:PG really is a "quiet" community in regards of cheaters.

IMO the spy communities are doing their fair share as well in feeding people with distrust but I'm not gonna go into this here, too many people's feelings hurt in the process.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    edited February 2017
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    No doubt that VAC is a better A/C than PB.
    I only know VAC from CoD MW3 and is useless there, blatant cheaters all the time, aimbot, godmode you name it. Even reporting them does nothing. Hope AA:PG wont get VAC.

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited February 2017
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    I only know VAC from CoD MW3 and is useless there, blatant cheaters all the time, aimbot, godmode you name it. Even reporting them does nothing. Hope AA:PG wont get VAC.

Can't really compare A/Cs in games with different player numbers I guess. There are obviously more and better cheats for bigger games. Guess I'm not allowed to go into detail about this here but I've actually read some forums on that topic a while back. I'm really relying on cheatcoder comments and punkbuster update history with my opinion because I honestly don't know better myself. What I've also read though is that punkbuster used to be better (than VAC?) a few years ago but that was when it regularly had updates.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the report button doesn't do anything and the best it could do is flag an account anyway since it would be abusable if it did more. Since VAC bans in waves it certainly feels like nothing is done on but the banwave day is pure joy.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    Also wouldn't be surprised if the report button doesn't do anything and the best it could do is flag an account anyway since it would be abusable if it did more. Since VAC bans in waves it certainly feels like nothing is done on but the banwave day is pure joy.

"VAC does not ban based on reports. Such data is only used for tracking and statistics purposes."
    When I played MW3 on a regular basis I saw the same cheaters for months and even around a year.

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.

"VAC does not ban based on reports. Such data is only used for tracking and statistics purposes."
    When I played MW3 on a regular basis I saw the same cheaters for months and even around a year.

Same thing with PB though. Played cheaters on ESL and made a report after. Next day one of their players got banned by ESLWire. Took a year until he got caught by PB as well along with a teammate.
    Sorry but going as far as taking a break sounds like they accused way more people of cheating than there actually were to me
    IMO the spy communities are doing their fair share as well in feeding people with distrust but I'm not gonna go into this here, too many people's feelings hurt in the process.

yea they actually did accuse way more, i mean sometimes i join with an alt and they get it on me till they notice lol, but thats not the point, hacking any game "protected" by PB is quite [TOS Violation] easy, actually vac is almost the same lol.

there are many gamers that wont join a PB protected FPS cuz they know it sucks, i tryed to bring 3 friends over AA and FML we joined an official and 3 rounds later there was this dude shooting at the floor killing the whole team.. obviously they left and still cant convince them to give it another shot..

seriously we should try to get them to change to a better a.c. battleye would be the best we can aim ATM but there are atleast 3 better options similar to Battleye

• Frig!d..Frig!d.. Posts: 41Player
    Easy Anti Cheat is pretty good