Punkbuster is a pos

Punkbuster is kickng me from most servers for no reason I think that we should replace PB with Battleye

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited December 2016
    rm -r AAPG/Punkbuster
    cp BattlEye Innovations/BattlEye AAPG/

Gotcha.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited December 2016
    PB always kick for a reason, so instead of posting random stuff like this tell us what it kicked you for. Else no one will be able to help you.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    We are seeing this a lot , if players switched on pb messages maybe they would know why they were kicked instead of random complaints about it .
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    We are seeing this a lot , if players switched on pb messages maybe they would know why they were kicked instead of random complaints about it .

It shouldn't be on the players to decode why they're getting kicked. Systems need to work for the user. To demand otherwise is bad messaging and bad design.

Most people suck at computers: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/computer-skill-levels/

computer-skill-levels-by-country.png
    They don't have to decode anything but if they want help from the community . Why not at least be able to say why they were kicked . It's only switching on pb messages we haven't got a crystal ball to figure it out for them have we .
    Identifying that Punkbuster is causing the issue, that it could display an error message but is not, that a setting exists to change this, and finding that option makes this at least a level two task.

Most general users lack that level of skill. While gamers are likely better equipped then the average user, F2P as a genre aims more mainstream.

Point is, rather than blame the user ("if players switched on pb messages maybe they would know why they were kicked instead of random complaints about it"), blame the design decision that requires higher levels of competency to diagnose and resolve the issue.

Players want the game to just work. Don't blame them for that expectation; it's not at all unreasonable.
    Why make it so complicated. Just tell players to switch on pb messages in game setting and post here with code if kicked . Its not rocket science.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Why make it so complicated. Just tell players to switch on pb messages in game setting and post here with code if kicked . Its not rocket science.

The entire point of the article is that the computer-literate wildly, drastically, effortlessly overestimate the ease of computing tasks. Something as simple as using reply-all to an email or deleting a message caused many to fail and that's with explicitly stated goals, with the correct button on screen, from within the correct app.

PB is not a familiar system for most in the way a web browser would be. There's no reason to infer an option to enable logging messages exists. The user must assume where logging files are stored or how to open console. Again: simple for the kind of user that enjoys posting on forums, not so straightforward for many others.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 752Player

Just ban the player its easier...right?*

(*sarcasm)

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Hahaha , all players are given the opportunity to resolve any pb problems, they are also guided to do this , those that are willing to fix there issues are welcomed back and generally ask us to check if the pbss are working for them .
    When anticheat fails to function, it's the anticheat failing, not the player. Why do you blame the player instead of complaining to EvenBalance that the people coming to you to game are having issues?
  • K0$H3RK0$H3R Posts: 57Developer

PB issues are the trickiest to troubleshoot. Here are some basic things to check/try to resolve this issue
    (Please try each of the suggestions below, then respond to this message to let me know if it does or does-not work for you)

1.) Ensure your P.C. or anti-virus software is configured correctly (uninstall Zone Alarm, Comodo, or KillerNIC - these will not allow PB to run properly)

2.) Check your windows firewall or windows defender. Make sure they are configured correctly (go into your firewall settings and make sure that PunkBuster is allowed to pass through your connection)

3.) Lastly, follow this link to a helpful PB manual. This is not the property of the America's Army Development staff, but a well written document by a player in the community. Usually, if the above two suggestions do not resolve your issue, this document has the instructions on more specific and complex fixes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187370063

http://www.evenbalance.com/faq.php#kicked

Hopefully, this can get you on the right track and the get the PB issues resolved for you. I would like to personally thank your playing the game. It's dedicated members of the community such as yourself that make our game possible.

Please respond and let me know if this did / did not work.

Hooah!
    Ty kosher your post went up just before I posted my last 2 but did not appear till after.
  • tortured.autortured.au Posts: 23Beta Tester
    Just on this for others, download pbsetup from the evenbalance website. This app will work for all games that use punkbuster, and is now my usual first point of call regardless of whatever msg punkbuster is giving me.
  • VR|46.VR|46. Posts: 28Player
    i must ask this.. why do we stick to PB nowadays? i mean there are plenty of better Anticheats..

VR|46. wrote: »
    i must ask this.. why do we stick to PB nowadays? i mean there are plenty of better Anticheats..

Because PB is the only software where we have competent AntiCheat Streams.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player

Youre funny :)
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »

Youre funny :)

I know, still.. its a fact you can't deny.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Then you probably can explain why the devs dont take advantage of these competent organizations.
    AAPG is good!