Realism Server

Realism Server

Hi guys, is there a way to change setting in the server to reflect more realism in game ?

I had a bug or clicked on something in my game twice in a week where I have lost all informations of the players, flags positions, no hud, no name over players, no crossairs, no flag positions X at objective and at spawn. I have play a couple of rounds like that before restart my game. but that was the best game EVER for me and its like that we want to play that game.

Its possible to change setting of the host to have this kind of gameplay ?

Maybe DEV's can add these options in the server manager ??

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    I think you pressed Left Alt + Z
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [JTF2]Chief[JTF2]Chief Posts: 6Player
    edited December 2016
    hehe I have not seen the "Use Alt + Z message to re-enable the Hud" in the action, its exactly like that I want to start my realism server. its possible ?
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    You could try setting in the server's AAGame.ini bShowHUD = false.

Also look into bDefaultHardcoreMode = true, which will be pretty similar to what you want ("comp mode"). Can't recall the full list of settings that changes.

There are others as well:
    bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=true
    bDefaultHUD_ForcePlayerCountOff=true
    bDefaultHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpots=false
    bDefaultHUD_ForceActivityFeedOff=true
    bHUD_ForceHitIndicatorOff=true

Turning the whole HUD off via bShowHUD is probably bad since I believe that might also disable things like text chat or the VOIP boxes. Dial down as exact as you can to what you want off.
    edited December 2016
    Nope not work bShowHUD = false in my AAGame.ini

I have try in my server instance :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAHostAServerConfig-aabd_1

and

C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

I have start my server by the batch file instead of with my server manager and its not work.

Someone have solve this before ?

Try it in game ALT + Z and you see what is work and not... very different game.

Where is the MOD or DEV's Guru ??

Someone can tell me if I search/try since 2 days for Nothing ?

The bShowHUD=false command not change anything in the server or I did something wrong.
    bShowHUD=false kept reverting to true in my server's *.ini on startup, so I gave up on that option.

I tried setting bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=true, bDefaultHardcoreMode=true, and bMinHUDEnabled=true.

I still had player ammo counts, player health info, hit (damage taken) indicators, minimap, and friendly player nameplates.

The server info page shows "Reduced HUD: true" and "Minimal HUD: true"; I also verified that I was indeed editing the current AAGame.ini.

There's some combination of the Reduced/Minimal HUD features not doing as much as I'd expect or not functioning as expected. You really need a developer to comment on what, exactly, the server owner is meant to be able to disable when it comes to in-game HUD elements and if everything is working as expected. It may just be that they don't want you to be able to turn much of anything off.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    We will look into it what is going on. I have not looked at what the server can force off (or on) for a player's HUD in quite a while.

I do know nearly everything can be turned off on your individual client via the HUD settings.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,545Beta Tester
    My expectation would be ShowHUD=False should turn off the HUD. If it doesn't, that sounds a lot like a bug... :)

It's not a legacy UE feature is it? (One of those ones we routinely bypass?)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    The bShowHUD is in [Engine.HUD], so it could well be "legacy" UE. The other flags are in [AAGame.AAGameReplicationInfo] and have corresponding code in AAGame.u.

I currently see it as "maybe it just doesn't do as much as I thought it would", which is where the DefaultGame comments (and Caterpillar!) come in. Unfortunately, they're not explicit as to what "reduced HUD" or "minimal HUD" means in terms of gameplay elements.

From DefaultGame:
    ;Hard core = Reduced HUD and no revives
    bDefaultHardcoreMode=false
    ;When true the minimal HUD option is forced on for all clients
    bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=false

edited December 2016
    Hi guys... we have a developement about that ? DEV ?
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys... maybe since I have post about hiding HUD you guys have found Something or a working solution??

I want to reproduce the ALT +Z (hide HUD in game) can be done server side.

DEV ?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,418Player
    Tested this setting on my server
    ;When true hard core mode is enabled
    ;Hard core = Reduced HUD and no revives
    bDefaultHardcoreMode=true

It changes nothing.