Ranking system

We need a skill based ranking system! Similar to what cs has.. for the past few weeks I've been playing csgo more than ever and just love the ranking system and MM (match making)..

I'm not even a huge fan of many cs game mechanics but these two things are so awesome for a game it's holding my interest.. hence why we absolutely need this in AA.. everyone will strive to be better because of it, even those who day they play just for fun with friends.. well once one friend says he's ranked higher a battle will begin... it gives you something to plays for.

The current honor system is time based, not skill.. you can be the worst player and still progress to the top.. we can have both, heck cs has both.. this really does work and keeps players interested.

We've discussed match making in the past and tho sure we don't have the player base right now, but we cant hold awesome game features because of it... who's to say we don't double the player base once we do have it.

Anyway if a game like cs which again I'm not a huge fan of can hold interest because of these two things so can AA.

Would this even be a possibility in AA?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    In regular Pub play the ranking system would help so much even with team stacking.. the current system does absolutely nothing when some highest honor players still don't know the basics of proper crosshair placement... A skill based system could easily address this issue.

Match Making and low player base.. I think if you had to sit and wait for 10 players to accept in a lobby as in CS, it would hardly ever work, however a different system could work. An option to enable in settings that allows a message to pop up even when you're playing pub about a possible MM game to start would work.

These awards also foster the accomplishment of missions. Following is the hierarchy of medals as per US armed forces. The ranks of these medals are structured in a hierarchical arrangement, widely known as military medal hierarchy.

US-Military-Medal-Hierarchy-634x1024.jpg

^^ There you go !! we use real life Honor rankings, now we can use real life Medals for skill rankings !

what more is there to think about ??

• Hc|Captain(HUN)Hc|Captain(HUN) Posts: 113Player
    Thats awesome I had thr same lol Idea 2 days before. Make Aapg like csgo. Thr game and how the controlls and grapichs are good but build the cs go ranking system around it. And bumm the perfect game is here. I cN already see. 2018 ESL One new york AAPG championship. With 1 million prize pool.

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • Or instead of have a match making. why not find a way to code something where the server moves you to the team to make it more well balanced?
    J.Rizzo.jpg

Game balance is all you take from this? Just wow.. here's a tip on how to balance teams.. get good!! That was simply a small perk out of many awesome things this would bring to the game.. but I can see no one here gives a [TOS Violation] about the game..

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I know this is probably common knowledge and probably TL;DR but since there is not much activity in the forum anyway, allow me to jump on this for a minute and give some thoughts on why a ranking system with matchmaking is absolutely essential in today's FPS games and why it was one of the critical mistakes made in developing PG. Maybe for future games they take it into consideration.

1 - Provides a fair and fun environment to players of all levels. Since everyone gets matched with people inside a certain skill bracket, there is much less variation in skill gaps which benefits everyone. Newbs get to play the game together and learn while having fun instead of getting killed 24/7 and leaving frustrated. Good players get matched with other good players and are guaranteed a fun competitive match that helps the game stay fresh.

2 - It gives feedback on how players should approach the game. A silver in CS knows he has a lot to learn and plays with that in mind, its simple and easy to understand. Playing to learn instead of just to win is much less frustrating when your not very good or are just starting out. A lot of high honors in PG are, quite frankly, terrible at the game and lack the self awareness to see that for themselves. That lack of feedback halts their progression and gives a false sense of growth by gaining honor. Many hackusations also come from this problem.

3 - It gives players a place in the community. I know this probably scares a lot of people in this board, but despite everyone having the right to an opinion, not every opinion should have the same weight. If a silver cries on reddit that the AWP is overpowered and should be banned, no one really cares and for a good reason, that player doesn't understand the game well enough to make a judgement call like that. It helps clean out a lot of trash and helps the feedback from people that understand the game and can perform stay relevant.

4 - The most important one, longevity. Either to rank up or to maintain rank, you always have an overarching goal when playing the game. A lot of things in ranks help the players stay motivated and interested in playing again and again. The feeling of accomplishment by ranking up, wanting to make things right after ranking down, the desire to to be at the top, the thrill of playing the best of the best, etc.. None of these things are possible in the current system which makes people get bored of doing the same thing over and over. Much worse when there are other games on the market that provide that.

Its impossible to implement it now because most people that abandoned the game would not come back under any circumstance and with a small player base, someone has to win games and get the high ranks which would keep the skill gap problems. Also the game mechanics would have to accommodate competitive gameplay and they do just the opposite right now.

With that said, it could've been possible as a big release feature. This franchise had a lot of fans and was a free game on steam, hundreds of thousands of players tried the game since then, and if a portion of those stayed, we could've had a health community and seen some growth. The bleeding of players that were bored, frustrated or both killed any chance of that.
    edited November 2016
    Sadly most players remaining dont care for the game as a whole nor do they know what is needed to improve, their only concern is the 1 or 2 servers staying populated.. RiP as they now like to say it

Thanks Dictator for shedding some light on what really matters.

• xtopherusxtopherus Posts: 71Player
    Would be nice but unfortunately, there is just a very small number of players who play this game vs CSGO and will not work well with 100 players.

What this game needs is, competitive maps that are BDX style and consideration to grow the competitive aspects from the DEV's. Unfortunately, this will never happen and the game will continue to die a slow death.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited December 2016
    gKQ6BB2.png
    We can't turn away great features based on player activity, you need something to attract people, not having both these features is the mistake.

• -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    I've played now 10+ hours CS : GO and i also like their system very match.
    Pretty much i agree everything you guys said.

1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited November 2016
    Not saying I'd be against it or even being negative here, sounds like a good idea to me and if it works in other games then hey, go for it.. but I'm sure if they thought the time to adopt something like this would be beneficial.. then they'd have done it already, probably long ago.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Any time after official release is too late if you ask me. Ranking systems as pointed out above have become an essential part in all types of games nowadays.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    Like Necabo said I think its too late. The mass influx of players that are playing now because winter is here is still not enough to support this. Some things are just simply not a possibility.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Great bunch of posts, Doba. :+1:

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    First post 7 Days ago.. sooo did we talk to the higher ranks about this? I mean, come on !!

• iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited December 2016
    Pipe dream doba. Too much work for a 1k player base. Also it would be matching 24 players for a 12v12, and also maps. It's just way too complicated in AA. They would have to have more dedicated servers.

6v6 BDX only, you wouldn't match 12 players in the same skill, there would be outliars and players of lesser skills at all times due to the amount of players looking for a 6v6 match on anymap search parameter. We would literally be global elite of AAPG, tell me how many are on at any given time.

You would get 2 globals and a bunch of DMG/ Nova 4's at best. You see how wide the gap is?
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
    I get that, its a selling feature to attract new players.. cause currently there is nothing! I'd love to see their game plan .. What are the upcoming plans then? you cant keep players that have dedicated 10+ yrs to the game let alone attract new players.. something has to give here.

Because you have a few fanboys saying they love this game isnt enough, numbers talk BS walks.

You Devs might not care to respond to many important topics but [TOS Violation] .. were 4 yrs in and what exactly do we have to show? .. these bug fixes and new maps aren't cutting it anymore.

• iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I get that, its a selling feature to attract new players.. cause currently there is nothing! I'd love to see their game plan .. What are the upcoming plans then? you cant keep players that have dedicated 10+ yrs to the game let alone attract new players.. something has to give here.

Because you have a few fanboys saying they love this game isnt enough, numbers talk BS walks.

You Devs might not care to respond to many important topics but [TOS Violation] .. were 4 yrs in and what exactly do we have to show? .. these bug fixes and new maps aren't cutting it anymore.

THE PEOPLE DEMAND CHANGE!!! DRAIN THE SWAMP!
    jk

But yes I agree, I think the Army demands a decent return, I do believe they do not heavily invest into this marketing as they used to anymore as well. The maps just released are of extreme poor design imo. Very knowledgeable designers, but I played it and I found it awful, and clunky. The night one was just a cluster f.
    Ruptus or whatever is a circle with alley entries, but extremely predictable.
    Have not played the other one.

Devs did a great job on the WWISE after a rough beginning. Sound is really good currently. Optimization is decent, except on 24 man servers. But definitely not enough to attract players in. There needs to have a skill learning curve in order to be a desirable game, as well as a separation between ranks to avoid good players from wiping a server clean.

The last point in important, I am banned on 99% of north american private servers due to cleaning house and players do not like it. It's infuriating getting rolled, trust me I know i've been there.

Time for some big changes, it would be nice for devs to engage with us on the forums to really get the game to take a nice leap forward and not incremental, ineffective steps. If this was a business, it would fail because it's losing money.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.