Windows 10

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
anyone tried it yet?
-
just saw this upgrade notification in my windows 7 taskbar today...
-
old news: it is free
-
anyone know if it replaces your old key or is an additional key? (i don't want to ugrade and then not like it and then have my old win7 key no longer work...)

Comments

• SomebodiedSomebodied Posts: 4Player
    I dont think its actually out yet, I think it was to reserve a key but I could be wrong
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    Yes, you can insert an email address. Once it's released (probably July), you'll get a notification.
    They are pushing it hard now because of the Windows XP failure.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    well i want to read the FAQ before i let Windows 7 "auto download" it...

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    got the icon too,but its not the final version yet
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    I would hold off, I understand from some folks in the office it has been getting updated quite frequently and the patch process is painful right now.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    If you have any old HW, it might be smart to hold of.
    I still use vista drivers for my sound card as theres no 7 versions.
    So a switch to 10 would also mean a new sound card, for me.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Windows 8.1 has some pretty nice support for automagically pulling drivers for new and legacy hardware. I've pulled hard drives out of one manufactures computer and put them into another with relatively no hiccups. If windows 10 is anything like this, out of the box support for hardware is pretty stellar really when you think about it.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • GBGangstaGBGangsta Posts: 63Developer
    It will DL but its up to you to install or not as I understand it.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    but my question (everyone should have this same question)
    -
    i still want to know if, once you install it, if it changes your win 7 key to a win 10 key.
    -
    i want to be sure before i install that i can still revert back without my win 7 key no longer being a win 7 key...

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    -
    i still want to know if, once you install it, if it changes your win 7 key to a win 10 key.
    -
    i want to be sure before i install that i can still revert back without my win 7 key no longer being a win 7 key...

I'm not sure if it replaces your windows 7 key but I know by clicking that icon and registering you are just going to be emailed a cd key/download link for windows 10 when it comes out. I'll try and find out more about whether you can downgrade or not.

EDIT: First google link I found info LOL...http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/may/28/five-questions-about-free-upgrade-microsoft-windows-10
    If you decide you don’t like Windows 10 for some reason, you will be able to revert to your earlier operating system.

BTW Windows 10 comes out July 29th. Atleast the free upgrade does.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    -
    -

I'm not sure if it replaces your windows 7 key but I know by clicking that icon and registering you are just going to be emailed a cd key/download link for windows 10 when it comes out. I'll try and find out more about whether you can downgrade or not.

Yeah that'd be nice, also not tech savvy so I'd like to see where the win10 support starts. Like will I be able to run games ect...

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    If you look at the history Windows 10 is set to be just as good as windows xp and windows 7. So I'm sure it's going to be worth it to do windows 10 and by July 29th I'm sure all games/drivers will support it or soon after. For those waiting for the creative card to have drivers that support windows 10 completely here is the link. http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

I gotta wait till early Oct 2015 what a joke lol.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    SB1270
    Early October 2015

Some more info for those that are on Windows 10 already and want to get their creative card working properly. http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/windows-10-x64-and-titaniumhd-drivers-do-not-work-yet.229215/ I did this before but decided not to go back to windows 10 when I got my new SSD plus League of legends had an issue where it would crash 3 months ago. Pretty sure its fixed now though.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.