AMD Flashbang Freeze Issue - Possible Solution

[CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
edited November 2016 in Game Support
Can any users that are experiencing this issue attempt this fix?

In the AMD OverDrive program, create a custom profile for the AAGame.exe located here:
..,\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32

Use the following settings
  • Anti-aliasing Mode - Use application settings
  • Anti-aliasing Method - Multisampling
  • Morphological Filtering - Off
  • Anistropic Filtering Mode - Use application settings
  • Texture Filtering Quality - Standard
  • Surface Format Optimization - Off
  • Wait for Vertical Refresh - Off, unless application specifies
  • OpenGL Triple Buffering - Off
  • Shader Cache - AMD Optimized
  • Tesselation Mode - AMD Optimized
  • Frame Rate Target Control - 60 FPS (Or higher value if card can handle)

Report results in this thread please.

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 763Administrator
    B)
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Doesn't fix it for me. Sometimes it looks like u get a shorter freeze just for this, but its probably the same. I've also tried "playing" with the game settings and nothing works for me. ;(

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Changing anything in the RADEON settings will do nothing, cuz it's not AMD related.

Frontal flashes still freeze me for couple seconds, less then normal and less fps drops and that's because i turned on VYSNC in-game. Didn't make any sense to me, but he if it improves it a little why not. Now i don't have the 2 meter radius flash freeze, don't have the freeze if a flash go's off behind a wall. Only 3 seconds if its right in my face.

As a side note to your list, do NOT turn on Surface Format Optimization leave that on off. It will only make the performance worse. SFO is an out dated part in the software.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    As a side note to your list, do NOT turn on Surface Format Optimization leave that on off. It will only make the performance worse. SFO is an out dated part in the software.

Updated..
  • [FLT]-VvN[FLT]-VvN Posts: 8Player
    Still no fix? Will try Vsync tonight
    CHILE.
  • SL_Wuast94SL_Wuast94 Posts: 1Player
    same problem here ... no fix yet ? ...
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 798Player
    SL_Wuast94 wrote: »
    same problem here ... no fix yet ? ...

Never going to be a fix for it for this game, from what I understand. Game uses DX9, for AMD its ancient tech and they don't push out anymore fixes for games running it.
  • -LSTS-1NightVision1-LSTS-1NightVision1 Posts: 1Player
    So... No fix for this ? I have so much games where I just need to aim or even move forward, but the game just froze. The only way to make it less laggy is not watching the nade, but you can't always turn 180° ... I will try to see if you can do anything with the and control panel, but I think its just an unreal engine thing and drivers :/
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 798Player
    So... No fix for this ? I have so much games where I just need to aim or even move forward, but the game just froze. The only way to make it less laggy is not watching the nade, but you can't always turn 180° ... I will try to see if you can do anything with the and control panel, but I think its just an unreal engine thing and drivers :/

Back in the day had the same issue, now I use Nvidea GPU and it is gone. That's really the only fix there is, switch cards.
  • walmart{xxxx}walmart{xxxx} Posts: 3Player
    i just started having this problem, i never had the issue in windows 8.1, i updated to windows 10 and have the flash bang lag now. =( I have an R7 250x ghost card
    Is everyone having this issue on windows 10? Just asking, as i said i was on windows 8.1 and never had this issue for a few years, i installed windows 10 for new games and now have the issue. The best option may be to duel boot win 8 and 10. Im installing win 7 on hyper-v right now, im just intrested in seeing what happens. But im about set that im going to just uninstall win 10 and go back to 8 for now. I only installed win 10 for one game and i play AAPG a lot more. I'll check back with how this Hyper-V works out.
    Ok after lots of errors i gave up on hyper v... But i did indeed stop my flashbang lag issue. I reverted back to windows 8.1 and now i drop from 60 fps to 58 fps when a flash gos off in my face. On windows 10 i droped from 60 to 23 fps. Since i play aapg more than codwz..ill keep with win 8.1 for now. Only solution i could find.