To much issues.

[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 798Player
edited October 2016 in Game Support
The way the game is at this point is better to scrap the project then trying to improve it.
At least you tried but there are so many issues that Ive lost fate in this Dev Team.
  • Flash freezes are still in the game (reported over 6 months ago).
  • Windows 10 doesn't support DX9 100% causing performance issues nothing is being done so far to improve the gameplay for those players by upgrading DX to later versions. (cost too much time and money excuses)
  • Ultra-Wide screen is still not supported properly.
  • Hitreg is still not 100%.
  • Players still die behind solid cover after clipping corners while getting shot at.
  • We still have a large amount of dysnc on both private as public servers.
  • Patches are not properly tested before going into the game now we have new bugs. Some are game breaking bugs.
  • Not enough communication from the developers to their player base other then a patch note on bigger patches but smaller patches are left out. I see more beta testers reply to issues then an actual developer.

Now i know nothing is going to be done from what i said so i wonder why you still try to make the game better instead of just moving on. Making a game on the newest engine instead of this old timer. Because the computer tech is moving forward but the game is in a trench scared to move out. Player base is dying slowly because to many problems keep coming if everyone is getting better hardware and software that isn't supported on the current version of the game and some issues that got reported more then a year ago are still in the game. So ask yourself what the development of the game looks like to you.

Meh enough of me bching about it but the game is going to be left behind for many of us.

Comments

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 597Beta Tester

Could you please show me just one game, where online multiplayer (not LAN) hitreg is 100%? As far as I know no game is perfect in this regard. Even if the hitreg of AAPG is not top tier (actually, I think it's quite good with low pings and CSHD) it's not a valid reason to "loose faith in the Dev team" because it's not 100%.
    • Patches are not properly tested before going into the game now we have new bugs. Some are game breaking bugs.

If you know about anything like this, please report it or tell one of us Beta guys! If you (and the rest of the community) are not speaking up and just wait for a fix and complain, while you know the problem, it's simply not effective. We try to catch as many bugs as we can, but we are way outnumbered by the public players... so if something is rare/special enough, it might slip through the testing.

Again, if you have details about any game-breaking issue, report it - or if you don't want to do that effort, just write it here or send me a PM and I'll gladly report it myself.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Could you please show me just one game, where online multiplayer (not LAN) hitreg is 100%? As far as I know no game is perfect in this regard. Even if the hitreg of AAPG is not top tier (actually, I think it's quite good with low pings and CSHD) it's not a valid reason to "loose faith in the Dev team" because it's not 100%.

Of course there are games that have bad hitreg but this game.. plz its terrible if you look at warface or CoD or CSGO then this hitreg is just to crazy. Unloading a full clip in some ones face and not getting the kill from close range. We can all see its bad in AAPG.

If you know about anything like this, please report it or tell one of us Beta guys! If you (and the rest of the community) are not speaking up and just wait for a fix and complain, while you know the problem, it's simply not effective. We try to catch as many bugs as we can, but we are way outnumbered by the public players... so if something is rare/special enough, it might slip through the testing.

Again, if you have details about any game-breaking issue, report it - or if you don't want to do that effort, just write it here or send me a PM and I'll gladly report it myself.

Its already reported that when using the supported position and you go in cover and then using right mouse to aim instantly it punches your aim to every direction. Mostly the downwards.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2016
    Nahh hitreg is decent enough not to make the list .. the fact it takes at times depending where the shots land more bullets than it should isn't a hit reg issue. I can show you videos of csgo where hit reg also is an issue so although we all agree with the majority of your points, hit reg isn't one of them imo.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Nahh hitreg is decent enough not to make the list .. the fact it takes at times depending where the shots land more bullets than it should isn't a hit reg issue. I can show you videos of csgo where hit reg also is an issue so although we all agree with the majority of your points, hit reg isn't one of them imo.

So you are saying unloading a full clip in some ones face from less then 3 meters away and only makes him bleed a little is not an hitreg issue ?.. Interesting..
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 309Player
    edited October 2016
    Hitreg is pretty decent in my opinion, but out of curiosity what is your average ping to the servers you are playing on? I find hitreg is pretty on par with just about every other FPS (Short of the quick ones like quake).

Ultrawide support also should be taken off his list, very few games take advantage of this.

Otherwise, the list does shed light on decent areas of concern.
    edited October 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

So you are saying unloading a full clip in some ones face from less then 3 meters away and only makes him bleed a little is not an hitreg issue ?.. Interesting..

Yeah its a damage issue, meaning it takes upwards of 6 bullets to kill if you don't land a headshot which clearly you didn't...

IMO and I've stated this before it's far too high for this game which also leaves people yelling hitreg, and feeling unrewarded it's why I wanted to lower it.. it's why were trying to make a MOD for the game.

And truse me you didn't land the entire clip.

Hitreg has its hicup moments as with any game but it's on par

• [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 798Player
    edited October 2016
    twitchr wrote: »
    but out of curiosity what is your average ping to the servers you are playing on?

Between 20 / 30 so no not a ping issue by far.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yeah its a damage issue, meaning it takes upwards of 6 bullets to kill if you don't land a headshot which clearly you didn't...

IMO and I've stated this before it's far too high for this game which also leaves people yelling hitreg, and feeling unrewarded it's why I wanted to lower it.. it's why were trying to make a MOD for the game.

And truse me you didn't land the entire clip.

Hitreg has its hicup moments as with any game but it's on par

I was waiting for it for some one to say i didn't hit him but trust me.. After playing shooters for 20+ years i know when i fkt up or the game is fkt up. And its clearly the game that is currently fkt up. Yes i do miss headshots now and then. But today i shot a full clip both upperbody as head no effect other then he bled a little after i asked him what his HP was..

And yes i agree the damage model is dumb.. You die faster jumping of north stairs then getting shot at.

And yes i agree the damage model is dumb.. You die faster jumping of north stairs then getting shot at.

LeL

..I'll give you benefit of the doubt, and instances like that do happen, but for the most part it's nothing to complain about..with a good ping amd on a CSHD server

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    The game is great, the Dev's are fantastic, the beta testers are rockin, and I happen to see new people joining everyday..

And by the way, stop using clips, you should be using a magazine!!!! :p
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    Honestly alot of people blame hitreg when there aim is horrible, that or there having ping issues.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Hitreg is pretty comparable with csgo Hitreg for me, both working quite well with a few issues.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,056Moderator
    And by the way, stop using clips, you should be using a magazine!!!! :p
    To many pic's in a magazine, not enough content, i prefer books. ;)

ss_4_frankof.png
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player

Could you please show me just one game, where online multiplayer (not LAN) hitreg is 100%? As far as I know no game is perfect in this regard. Even if the hitreg of AAPG is not top tier (actually, I think it's quite good with low pings and CSHD) it's not a valid reason to "loose faith in the Dev team" because it's not 100%.

First day after the patch I killed all of the enemy team "not moving". Its a bug where after me and another teammate vault the same thing at the same time made me glitched - for everyone else eyes I was not moving, but in my vision nothing changed (but me not being able to run or crouch). <- Stuff like this and the support bugs that were found hours after the patch came out by players just means beta testers are not doing their job well. Its not an excuse that you don't have enough numbers to do it right or not.
    And its not my job either to report every bug in-game, wasting my time writting a full page to developers that will ignore my emails.
    Just the fact they pass out the flash freeze bug after all this time, means they don't care anything about how the players experience is. Imagine how many players gave up just because of this bug. and its stuff where you just need to play one round to notice.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 798Player
    edited October 2016
    First day after the patch I killed all of the enemy team "not moving". Its a bug where after me and another teammate vault the same thing at the same time made me glitched - for everyone else eyes I was not moving, but in my vision nothing changed (but me not being able to run or crouch). <- Stuff like this and the support bugs that were found hours after the patch came out by players just means beta testers are not doing their job well. Its not an excuse that you don't have enough numbers to do it right or not.
    And its not my job either to report every bug in-game, wasting my time writting a full page to developers that will ignore my emails.
    Just the fact they pass out the flash freeze bug after all this time, means they don't care anything about how the players experience is. Imagine how many players gave up just because of this bug. and its stuff where you just need to play one round to notice.

Well that's the thing, i don't think we can call them "Beta Testers" anymore.. If they need to test all the new stuff after the patch then what are you testing? Because if they tested it before the patch release then we would not have those bugs (if done correctly) to begin with.

If you ask me this whole beta tester status is nonsense nowadays, they are proud to have a fancy tag in the forums and have an icon in front of their nickname ingame but when it comes to giving critical statements i doubt you would see them..

To come back to that flash freeze, i actually reported that multiple times on this forum by mails you name it. They won't do anything as they said it them selfs upgrading to a higher DirectX version or UE4 will cost them time and money they don't want to spend and that basically shows me as a veteran gamer how motivated the devs are. The game is great, still for me one of the most enjoyable shooters even with the bugs and glitches but they should really start to lissen to their players because we are the ones that give the "mostly useful" feedback they will ever get.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    [*] Hitreg is still not 100%.
    Your aim not 100% #rekt
    I sometimes wonder how some people became beta testers given how they can't describe bugs precisely in forum posts and seem to lack a basic understanding of anything software related but that's none of my business. I don't quite get how the supported bug and some other issues in the past slipped through but I can understand missing those small issues faced by only few people very well.

I've done some website testing for my company in the past and it went really well with just minor issues. However since I started developing it further I've found some major bugs and more importantly seen quite a few errors users faced in logs. Now guess how many were reported, none. If you don't report bugs don't complain about them not getting fixed, easy as that.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited October 2016
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder how some people became beta testers given how they can't describe bugs precisely in forum posts and seem to lack a basic understanding of anything software related but that's none of my business. I don't quite get how the supported bug and some other issues in the past slipped through but I can understand missing those small issues faced by only few people very well.

I've done some website testing for my company in the past and it went really well with just minor issues. However since I started developing it further I've found some major bugs and more importantly seen quite a few errors users faced in logs. Now guess how many were reported, none. If you don't report bugs don't complain about them not getting fixed, easy as that.

The thing to realize is that AAPG beta testers aren't really doing beta testing as the gaming community has come to think of it by assessing game balance, map design, and providing early feedback on gameplay feel.

They're Quality Assurance drones meant to go down a checklist. "Press Q. Did you lean left? [yes] Test passed." "Find a downed enemy. Press F to revive. Did you revive the player? [yes] Now release F during the revive. Did the revive stop? [yes] Test passed." "An enemy fires their rifle. Does a red dot appear on the minimap? [yes] Wonder if that's what's supposed to happen in this version."

The perception of betas, the reality of what the beta team does, and the vision of what the beta team could have become are three extremely different things.

As it is, deference to beta leadership is the most prized value. Unfortunately, I'd seen some of that leadership fail at understanding basic written English instructions. Fluency wasn't the issue, either. Competency takes a back seat to "sit down, shut up, do what we say" -- and isn't that really the value the Army game wants to project? (/sarcasm) This is why "betas are bad" was practically a meme in 2014/2015.

Being in the beta program was one of my biggest disappointments with this game. It's a real shame.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 309Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    Being in the beta program was one of my biggest disappointments with this game. It's a real shame.

Sad to hear, maybe there are changes afoot?
    I remember a video of betas fooling around with the escalator on checkout so I assumed they get to play a few rounds on the test build. I know how dull the process of going through a checklist is as this is what I did for a week. I don't think this is a good approach however if there is no possibility of securing other features to continue working.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Do betas seriously do their job like that? Going through checklists?
    Derob6.jpg