[RESOLVED]why fps drops to 30fps when 1vs1 fight?

|FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 92Player
edited November 2016 in Game Support
ingame all low settings...do I need higher then gtx 980 for aapg??

Comments

• iSoldier_iSoldier_ Posts: 72Beta Tester
    What CPU you have?
    TheTots wrote: »
    The only thing we didn't do was give you a call at home.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player

It's more likely that your 980 is too high for the game, not the other way around.

AAPG in all probability would work better on older hardware and older drivers.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player

You really should be in the hundreds, I have a gtx970 and get at the lowest 95, usually around 125.

Are you playing full screen unwindowed? Other apps running? What FPS do you get in other games?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Use GPU-Z and check your cards temps, but 30 is low even for a card throttling.
    iSoldier asked for the CPU, it could be interesting to know what it is.
    (i reached +1000fps with a GTX780 with low settings/res)
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/544132148691990979/BA949A5D02ACA89701215016456259093A76D076/
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 92Player
    I use full screen i get 100-120 over the full rounds game but only at close combat it comes very low maybe the dust effect kicks in too much. I got fan curve it shouldnt overheat and downclocked as superclocked card version is overclocked way too much. All apps closed when ingame maybe i will try older drivers..ty for reply
    I need my 560ti back for better directx support:) for aapg and for all uk players avoid virgin broadband as their 200 mb vivid gamer internet is to play tetris online
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    I just rolled my NVIDEA driver back two updates.. My frames are back to normal!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

I was going to give it atry after work also 2 roll back 2 as i didnt notice as much the drops
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    I just rolled my NVIDEA driver back two updates.. My frames are back to normal!!

rolled back months if not a year. still same poop. 80fps on a 970gtx with i7 4770
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I still run driver:
    Version: 347.09 WHQL
    Release Date: 2014.12.23

ive tried new.. new is not good..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    It has to be a driver related as once i was running old driver and worked good stutter may have sorted out but still testing
    Peculiar issue.. I easily hold a constant 120fps on a 970 (+ i5 4690k), even with newest drivers. The only time I see big drops is when I tab out, upon going back in the frames are as low as 30 and then climb back up to 120 steadily and usually takes a few seconds to get back up.

Default ini, all high settings, framerate set to 120 in game options and with smoothing on.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Peculiar issue.. I easily hold a constant 120fps on a 970 (+ i5 4690k), even with newest drivers. The only time I see big drops is when I tab out, upon going back in the frames are as low as 30 and then climb back up to 120 steadily and usually takes a few seconds to get back up.

Default ini, all high settings, framerate set to 120 in game options and with smoothing on.

Windowed full screen and you won't even have that, your specs should be able to manage that.
    I play fullscreen as it gives the game (for lack of a better term) 'full computing power'.. whenever I play windowed fullscreen the game don't seem to 'feel' as fluid as it does when it's running exclusive fullscreen, I dunno, maybe it's just that.. 'feeling'. You are right though, there is no drop in framerate after tabbing when playing windowed fullscreen. Maybe that's something to look at if the people affected by the dropping frames are playing windowed? try fullscreen.

I'd do a bunch of testing in various environs, recording FPS and performance between the modes and settings.. but to be quite honest, why would I mess with something that works for me? not only that I'm quite novice when it comes to benchmarking and adequately portraying any results. Not to shirk responsibility, or bow out, or down right seem like I don't care.. but someone like Saccho, who is good with numbers, could do a much better job of getting any relevant and actual concrete level of info and fact across :lol:

edited October 2016
    I use full screen i get 100-120 over the full rounds game but only at close combat it comes very low maybe the dust effect kicks in too much. I got fan curve it shouldnt overheat and downclocked as superclocked card version is overclocked way too much. All apps closed when ingame maybe i will try older drivers..ty for reply

What?! Don't do that. If the card is OC'd from the manufacture do not mess with the settings. Here is the problem with that.

Once you start messing with the clocks you have to mess with the voltage. For the love of god tell me you didnt mess with the clocks.

If you have, your issue is that it's unstable. I can't believe no one picked up on that.

Tell us the processor and card model. Open GPU-Z and take a screen shot of it.
    edited October 2016
    Noo.. i downclocked it by 51 mhz otherwise i cant play i got random crashes kernell driver has stopped working... Its tdr related issue. I have fixed mine as i had razer cortex installed before and after unnistall it took over my power settings set to low power on the proccessor. I got the oldest drivers for the gpu and had my essence stx2 sound card in the pcie slot which i have moved over. Running now 100 fps i will fiddle with different drivers thou
    edited October 2016
    no stutter
    But i know it can be better. Apparently evga has released some oc 980's factory overclocked wrong and it would be changed upon rma but i aint waiting that long i will get asus 980ti strix in 2 months so the most important no more stutter Human eye dont see a difference over 90 fps anyway. My friend has gtx 1070 and only 90 stable fps. I got i7 3770k cpu hes got higher than mine and in order to get the 90 stable fps he had to overclock cpu in the bios. So it makes You think whats going on..

04G-P4-2983-KR - 4GB EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC GAMING ACX 2.0, PCIe 3.0, 7010MHz GDDR5, GPU 1266MHz, Boost 1367MHz, Cores 2048, DP/HDMI/DVI
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    gpuz screen:
    5z3.png
    67r.png
    cpu:
    Intel Core i7 3770K
    Cores 4
    Threads 8
    Name Intel Core i7 3770K
    Code Name Ivy Bridge
    Package Socket 1155 LGA
    Technology 22nm
    Specification Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    Family 6
    Extended Family 6
    Model A
    Extended Model 3A
    Stepping 9
    Revision E1/L1
    Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX
    Virtualization Supported, Disabled
    Hyperthreading Supported, Enabled
    Fan Speed 466 RPM
    Bus Speed 100.3 MHz
    Stock Core Speed 3500 MHz
    Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz
    Average Temperature 35 °C
    Caches
    L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes
    L1 Instructions Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes
    L2 Unified Cache Size 4 x 256 KBytes
    L3 Unified Cache Size 8192 KBytes
    Cores
    Core Speed Multiplier Bus Speed Temperature Threads
    Core 0 3910.3 MHz x 39.0 100.3 MHz 36 °C APIC ID: 0, 1
    Core 1 1604.2 MHz x 16.0 100.3 MHz 32 °C APIC ID: 2, 3
    Core 2 3910.3 MHz x 39.0 100.3 MHz 32 °C APIC ID: 4, 5
    Core 3 1604.2 MHz x 16.0 100.3 MHz 41 °C
    Those drivers are super outdated. 375 are the newest ones. It literally might just be a faulty GPU.
    I suggest sticking a diff GPU to rule out any other component. Preferably the same GPU or something similar.

If you get even an older GPU and the frames are stable, you found your culprit.

Best bet is to go to bestbuy, or something similar for the location you live in check there return policy and buy it. Return it once you've had it tested. Unless you got a computer store that you can pay to run the test for you.

On the FPS part about eyes can't see etc. Sure eyes can't see past x amount of frames but the more the SMOOTHER the game feels which translates to ridiculously good game play. Do not ever lock your frames, always allow them to run wild if you can. But i still think it's a gpu issue
    They released faulty ones too. Some drivers make it even less stable. on idle clock jumps. Time for the asus as evga let me down on this one.
    They released faulty ones too. Some drivers make it even less stable. on idle clock jumps. Time for the asus as evga let me down on this one.

i'd just RMA..it's a free new card