Operation Podcast Episode 21 (The Netcode Podcast)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Hey Guys!

Rawrster, Kartigan, and I sat down to go over some of the changes and what you'll be seeing.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    Good stuff guys. Looking forward to playing. Just one correction, I don't know a single comp player that likes SSHD and we do not use it in matches.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Good stuff guys. Looking forward to playing. Just one correction, I don't know a single comp player that likes SSHD and we do not use it in matches.

Don't know what you are referring to since I didn't have time to listen to the podcast yet but SSHD was the preferred setting for EU comp due to ping issues.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Don't know what you are referring to since I didn't have time to listen to the podcast yet but SSHD was the preferred setting for EU comp due to ping issues.

Was just about to edit my post and say NA. not sure about EU.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    Colts shout out on the cast. Don't think he plays anymore :p
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We only use CSHD.. I believe EU used SD for its ping compensation .. it's all good tho no worries on the mixup.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    So after just over an hr of playtime, honestly I don't feel much of a difference however I'm not one to complain my game runs poorly because it doesn't, I haven't had any issues since i got the 970, and I only play with low pings ~60

Just seems this update is more geared towards either higher pinging players or players with poor performance!? I've been putting down a pretty solid 170 FPS now for a long time so as you can imagine its smooth... So its hard for me to say I feel a difference... Smooth to Smooth.. go figure.

• i9.liquidi9.liquid Posts: 21Player
    edited October 2016
    I've noticed an improvement on hit registry when shooting at a person that's running. Maybe just a coincidence though.
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    @i9.liquid

Excellent. That was the "Knox Wobble", referenced in the patch notes. There were some animations blending too fast, causing parts of the pawn to move excessively per frame. The effect was similar to "The Matrix" movie in the previous version of the game, if you knew how to work it.
    There is one instance I'm looking to testing but hasn't happened yet, it's when opponent is leaning an you only see the head, you hit him cause you see blood and he tells you that you hit him, but no kill... only seeing head

Hoping this is fixed

• KartiganKartigan Posts: 84Developer
    @=IK=Doba=

Thank you for the report. Put in a task to give it some eyes.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    There is one instance I'm looking to testing but hasn't happened yet, it's when opponent is leaning an you only see the head, you hit him cause you see blood and he tells you that you hit him, but no kill... only seeing head

Hoping this is fixed

I think it has helped in that regard. I had a few of those shots last night and I don't recall seeing blood and them not dying as I did before.
  • Hwat?Hwat? Posts: 11Player
    I've seen more irregularity with the m24 now. I've had multiple instances where I hit someone center mass and they confirm they got hurt but do not die, and having some more trouble with moving targets now; although i'm not sure if this is ping related or SSHD
    Learning how to play the game
    NVM on the SSHD, just looked up the server info for my regular servers.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Hoping this is fixed

I was playing on the BeerMe servers last night and I shot at some players' heads when they were leaning out from boxes. The ones I shot the head of dropped dead as soon as I saw blood (direct hits). I haven't had that much ease getting a headshot from a lean ever, so I think the update helped.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    So the game is being developed under the impression that 500 pingers will find enjoyment in landing a "late" hit. Sounds AWESOME
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    I interpreted him saying that the 500 ping was the limit of his extreme testing; he did say he runs most of his testing at 75 ping, fyi
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 289Player
    It might sound bad, but i don't think this has any ill effect on low ping players. Kartigan can confirm
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    I know there are a few other reasons a person will warp (rubber band, or laggy) all over the map but last night I watched in particular this one person who was pinging 325 on my server, everyone else was under 100, the person with the high ping was totally warping, and others (who did not know his ping) were complaining about lag and I noticed it was always when they where in the same area together..

After removing the high ping player no one was complaining of lag anymore, and no one knew what had been happening about the high ping player..

Either he was having lots of issues with connection or computer problems, or like I had always assumed, his ping was just to high.. (I'm not totally sold on the fact that it was just his high ping)
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 289Player
    Any chance we can get another podcast before Christmas?

I would love to know whats in the works, whats being talked about, ideas that are under investigation, or even just a "cribs" style episode of the development studios. Need something to brighten the mood.
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    Any chance we can get another podcast before Christmas?

I would love to know whats in the works, whats being talked about, ideas that are under investigation, or even just a "cribs" style episode of the development studios. Need something to brighten the mood.

I'd also be eager to know what's new/planned for the near future. Although the new updates are good and greatly appreciated, us comp players would really like to see some more stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.