Server authorization issues?

Hi guys,

I filled in and submitted the authorization request form for my new Dedicated Server (Windows Server 2012 R2) but never got any confirmation e-mail back, or the info I (think I) need to insert in the Dedicated Server panel.

It's my first time trying to get a server authorized and I'm completely unfamiliar with the process. This being said, I'd like to ask: is this is normal and when can I expect the server to be reacheable by the public?

I'm also wondering, will I have to do this again for each AAPG server instance hosted on the same server, through different ports?

Sincerely,
Ginkhana

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited October 2016
    If it's been a while since you tried to register, you could always try to plug in the info and see if it works.

The Server Auth User Name and IP that you tried registering with are the only two things you need, there is no other special info that will come back. So, if you kept a record of those, try them. Other than that, I'm not sure. Just keep asking.... :)

Don't forget to open all the necessary ports as the Steam port is needed to broadcast the Global server to the server browser :+1:

Good luck!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    edited October 2016
    ...but never got any confirmation e-mail back

Check your junk mail folders to ensure the messages didn't get placed there by mistake. The team that registers the servers is small so sometimes it will take a few days. Normally you send in the request and then you'll receive an email to confirm the details from the previous request. Once you've confirmed the server should be able to go live.
    I'm also wondering, will I have to do this again for each AAPG server instance hosted on the same server, through different ports?

You can use the same credentials for all instances on that machine (I think, been awhile since I've run a server). Once you've confirmed the registration you can test this real quick.