Scope Color

Hello I have 1 question , How I can change scope color to "CUSTOM COLOR'' If I can ofcorse :D :D :P .

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    In-game settings. There should be a tab for "crosshair" or something, don't remember.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    Yes, Options, Settings, HUD
  • Because in settings crosshair I can change only "custom color value " I cant change SCOPE color to custom color :/
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    As you found out, there is no custom color for scope.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited September 2016
    -Ner0- wrote: »

There is, somewhere in the ini-files.
  • :p Thank you Necabo !
    edited September 2016
    :p Thank you Necabo !

Sorry for the rather useless comment, I searched some files in the meantime. It's probably AAUI.ini in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config.

Keep in mind the aimpoint is a laser so by design your color will be a little "brighter" as it is a light source, you will see what I mean once you start playing around with it. You'll also have to repeat this step every few updates so make sure to save this bit of information somewhere if you plan on keeping this change.

Search for ScopeColor and change the value to whatever you like. If you are not familiar with hexcodes, this site should help: color-hex.com/. Good luck.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Sorry for the rather useless comment, I searched some files in the meantime. It's probably AAUI.ini in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config.

Search for ScopeColor and change the value to whatever you like. If you are not familiar with hexcodes, this site should help: color-hex.com/. Good luck.

So much easier than the AAUIColors.
    Saccho wrote: »

Not sure if serious or sarcastic, I never really looked into the ini stuff. I'm guessing this is a block for predefined colors that are frequently used somewhere? Sorry but I have barely any knowledge on this kind of stuff. Help this man lol.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Saccho wrote: »

Not sure if serious or sarcastic, I never really looked into the ini stuff. I'm guessing this is a block for predefined colors that are frequently used somewhere? Sorry but I have barely any knowledge on this kind of stuff. Help this man lol.

Serious. There are 16 long numbers in AAUI for things like friendly chat vs global chat message color. They're basically just hex, but instead of 33FFAA you'd do (33)x256x256 + (FF)x256 + (AA)x1 -- all in decimal. So you've got the hex conversions, getting the numbers into the right binary locations with those 256 multipliers, and then the addition.

So you want 33FFAA and you type 3407786 in the ini. Pain.

So if you're tuning the color and want to turn up your G values, which digits do you change? Way less intuitive to change one color without accidentally adjusting the others.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player

Ok, I'm not a ini-digger.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.

Ok, I'm not a ini-digger.

No worries there, some say I'm the best in that ;)
  • KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    edited September 2016

Keep in mind the aimpoint is a laser so by design your color will be a little "brighter" as it is a light source, you will see what I mean once you start playing around with it. You'll also have to repeat this step every few updates so make sure to save this bit of information somewhere if you plan on keeping this change.

I never actually looked up scopes colours, but that's a clever point.

I'm impressed someone around here does actually talk about colour in an appropriate way ^^ (as Saccho also does).
    Derob6.jpg