AASteamUGCManager.ini

I'd rather not mess up our file so does anyone know if I can use notes within the file to designate what the map names are in relation to the random folder number that Steam issues for maps?

Just so I'm clear, if there is a way, what is it?

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    You can freely add comments as follows --
    ; This is a comment
    MaxIdleTime=61

It won't affect how the file is parsed, but no guarantees about the game preserving comments if the file is ever auto-updated.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    Yep. Just keep a copy somewhere and if the ini version changes, or whatever, you can still copy/paste the pertinent stuff back in. In fact, I'd say the best way to do this is to use a working copy on your computer, and paste what you need into the latest ini as a matter of proper workflow. Do this with any of the config files you need, all in the same remote folder: AAGame.ini, the UGC manager, a startup batchfile, etc, etc. You'll get used to working from your setup folders for each instance and never have a moment of confusion if something goes 'poof!' :p

I also recommend Notepad++ as a great ini editor.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {IRISH}loxalot{IRISH}loxalot Posts: 64Player
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if a bracket or a semi-colon was needed.

We always download a new copy of the AASteamUGCManager.ini file, edit it then upload back to the server. This way if anyone else made changes or if someone messed something up in the file we always have a backup.