Turning Valve wheel

Ok i have a problem
I like to create a good turning valve on my map ( see screenshot 1 )
A valve that turns when activate the objective, but it will turn back when you stop activating ( like aa2 pipeline valve )
I have it so far it turns, but upside down :( ( see screenshot 2 )
How can i turn the SkeletalMesh like a wheel?
It can be done with no kismet
anyone a idea? thanks

greets maclobster

badbeba7f1874a6997b07a6e251afa57.png
9115f503f036419390b5bff187aac1a7.png
8992bbd483a449c6901dc4734d0cb61a.png
19b364a1abdd43b1bfc4fdde71fb9755.png
(\/) (',,') (\/)
Pipeline
HonorTown

Comments

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,002Player
    Had something similar with propellers on my subs . But figured it out . I don't have in editor at moment as I had to reinstall windows and lostrich every thing . If u have it check the settings. I know it not same mesh but might help .
    Submarine base on steam workshop .
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,183Player
    edited September 2016
    I'm not sure of the exact way you have it all setup but I have a feeling its to do with the axis (X,Y,Z) in which you have it set to rotate..

Looking at your number 4 screenshot.. you have it set to rotate but do not tell the mesh (underneath in the translation part) which way to do it, could (big emphasis on could lol) be that. I'd assume you need to to rotate on the Y axis, rather than the X.

I think the higher the amount you set it.. for example

X 0.000000
    Y 50.00000
    Z 0.000000

the faster it will spin in that given direction when interacted with, you would need to fiddle with the numbers to get it to a desired speed.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Yep as above . And it also has to do with your position of mesh too .
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    I'm not sure of the exact way you have it all setup but I have a feeling its to do with the axis (X,Y,Z) in which you have it set to rotate..

Looking at your number 4 screenshot.. you have it set to rotate but do not tell the mesh (underneath in the translation part) which way to do it, could (big emphasis on could lol) be that. I'd assume you need to to rotate on the Y axis, rather than the X.

I think the higher the amount you set it.. for example

X 0.000000
    Y 50.00000
    Z 0.000000

the faster it will spin in that given direction when interacted with, you would need to fiddle with the numbers to get it to a desired speed.

thanks for the comment, but it did not work sir, its connected to the box, there is also a problem to have the pivot in the middle of the wheel, single wheel its perfect with the pivot , but when connected with the activation box its gone, i tried your option, no luck

my setup is like this ( the objective with the pipes is the correct one
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=769771238
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,183Player
    Ahh yes, now I see what you mean.. but unfortunately I've no idea how you can remedy this one, nor will the editor let me open your map without crashing :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Ahh yes, now I see what you mean.. but unfortunately I've no idea how you can remedy this one, nor will the editor let me open your map without crashing :(

yeah someone else has the same problem, it crashed, weird , thanks for trying :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    edited September 2016
    Why a SkelMesh?

This should be able to be done by any mesh added as a dynamic, and moved using Kismet and Matinee, no? You can even sync sounds in there.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited September 2016
    dont know if this is a help or not but these are the settings i have for my props , basic fan on its side rescaled.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q74e1ee676d342w/20160925_175829.jpg?dl=0

but u prob know this stuff already .
    edited September 2016
    Wouldn't that be a continuous rotate Muzza, not a controlled animation based on player interaction?

@Lobby - where'd you get the valve? Personally, I think importing a mesh and using kismet and a hidden activate Obj should work for you.

The kismet and matinee settings would coincide with the time to activate or TH. Then it goes "on USE, Play matinee and sound, if complete, Stop. If 'un-use' before complete, Reverse matinee and sound. Reset on Use. Complete only once."

(that's the plain english version. The last bit is to stop people using it when already taken.)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited September 2016
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be a continuous rotate Muzza, not a controlled animation based on player interaction?

@Lobby - where'd you get the valve? Personally, I think importing a mesh and using kismet and a hidden activate Obj should work for you.

The kismet and matinee settings would coincide with the time to activate or TH. Then it goes "on USE, Play matinee and sound, if complete, Stop. If 'un-use' before complete, Reverse matinee and sound. Reset on Use. Complete only once."

(that's the plain english version. The last bit is to stop people using it when already taken.)

Thanks for helping

It should working without kismet, if you look at the aa2pipeline altan it works, kismet is not working correct so far, only turn for activating but when stops it does not turn back, tried reverse but no luck

(\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
    edited September 2016
    dont know if this is a help or not but these are the settings i have for my props , basic fan on its side rescaled.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q74e1ee676d342w/20160925_175829.jpg?dl=0

but u prob know this stuff already .

thanks but its InterPactor, its not for kismet ;)
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
    yup got that just didnt know if had any smlilar settings n stuff m8.
    edited September 2016
    yup got that just didnt know if had any smlilar settings n stuff m8.

Np m8 thanks anyway :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 638Player
    thought altan used notes to get his valve to work , not sure without looking at pipeline , thought yours worked before ?
    thought altan used notes to get his valve to work , not sure without looking at pipeline , thought yours worked before ?

Its is from altan
    Yes its works on pipeline only for activation , when stop the activation it keeps turning, and it does not turn back
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
    I was researching skeletal meshes last night and I'm REALLY surprised how poor the info is for UDK. Can't find any underlying 'basics' type docs, so far.

Lobby, I did notice that your test valve map doesn't have a working 'Play' animation in the skelmesh editors in-game. Not sure why. Also, still can't find where to change the rotation parameters.
    ______

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 638Player
    without looking ,could you not set it to reverse matinee when stopped
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 999Moderator
    Those turning valves has been a pain sins AA3, it never worked bug free.
    But i dont know anything about map making tho.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    This is the one I made from my AA2 assets, Anim included, probably the same as Altans but worth a try:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1rPwqx-yHxucGhkQUxPM3g2Qzg
    {NWO}Hawk wrote: »
    This is the one I made from my AA2 assets, Anim included, probably the same as Altans but worth a try:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1rPwqx-yHxucGhkQUxPM3g2Qzg

thank you, im going to look at it thanks :awesome:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown