Frag grenades make ricochet sounds

Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 332Beta Tester
On Rocky Road, (and some UMM’s) when a frag I toss hits certain types of trees it’ll make ricochet sounds as it bounces off the limbs.
(see short video)

This seems to be a client side issue for me. I have had others spectate me but they hear the usual thuds not the ricochets.

Anyone else have this issue???
product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 723Moderator
    Please Bug it in the bug report. Nice Find :D
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    Duke, I though that happened on a couple of Officials too?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Actually...when I watch that vid, I realize I've never heard ANY of those sounds for grenades in trees! You seem to have a special build of AAPG! The other sound effects like the grenade going through the branches normally? I've never heard that.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sent this over to Soundy, going to see what's up.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,061Player
    when the grenade is thrown is looks like its bouncing on or inside a volume , can this be causing the issue ? and yes i hear the ricochet
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's only present when using simulated munitions.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

I just tested this with Duke and can confirm that it happens in paintball mode and only for frag grenades.

The swishing sound inside the tree is different too. The other grenades (and non-paintball mode) do a CLUNK CLUNK sound.

More testing required to figure out what trees, maps, etc.
    ______