w.i.p urban storm

1st test release , still a few tweaks to do , good fps ,even with all effects going on

Comments

• xtopherusxtopherus Posts: 71Player
    Looks good. All we need now is, for it to be turned into an official map ^ ^
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 212Beta Tester
    Looks verry cool Lobo :+1:
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Nice job Lobo.. but don't cut yourself short.. I watched a video on UDK where over time the rain actually builds up on the ground/ objects which ads another level of detail .. now get to it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 618Player
    lol doba 1 experiment at a time , but yeah full udk3 2015 editor has some awesome stuff ,
    Well worth a shot lol..

It does add to the effect the video was awesome, add to that day to night progression .. cool stuff

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    Nice work Lobo!

Have to say, procedural water gathering sounds like it'd be a major pain in the backside :lol: There is/was a map called Rain Cobblestone that had water splashing and rippling effects plugged onto the many of the levels materials, which couped with the rain effects looked awesome, I remeber seeing it for the first time and being WOWed.. effects along those lines would probably be a lot easier to achieve.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 618Player
    yeah i remember that uni sol, but his water/ rain, ran the wrong way on vehicles and such
    yeah I remember that map.. still an overall cool effect for a pub map.. he might have overdone it there in that video lol

• DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 123Moderator
    Nice job Lobo.. but don't cut yourself short.. I watched a video on UDK where over time the rain actually builds up on the ground/ objects which ads another level of detail .. now get to it.

Firstly Lobo.
    Looks awesome...Really great job.Love the look..
    Now get the wow factor with triggering a slight light effect with the lightning..I have it on Maximaz message me for the files bro happy to pass it over..
    Doba is correct you can slowly transition lets say puddles to build up..
    MIC"material Instant Constant" material transitions..Something worth learning you can have a lot of fun with them.
    I helped Rogo with Cobblestone map which turned out pretty good..
    Just keep the MDD "Max Draw Distance"low on these assets and PFX "particle Effects because it will cause some performance issues.
    Great job Lobo..
    love the look.