In memory of Choogelaar

From Craazy (Sandra): Some of you are aware of the story with Choog and I that about 14 years ago we met on Americas Army playing mountain pass. I still recall the very day he started playing. The first time i heard his voice he melted my heart, he also told me he was fascinated and wanted to learn more about me. Many years went by with us battling in AA, mostly him owning me, he was dangerous with a 203 and sniper. It took us both close to seven years before either one of us made a move to start talking outside the game. Choog didn’t believe people could fall in love over the internet, boy did i show him. The connection him and I shared were deeper feelings and emotions than i had ever felt. I went to the Netherlands and visited with him for two weeks meeting all the clan members and spending every second with Choog.

It then took us 18 months before the U.S got his paper work approved, people thought we were both crazy waiting that long for someone u met on the internet, but i had no doubts he was the man i would spend my entire life with. Choog was the crazy one, he sold his car, his house, quit his job and jumped on a plane and started a new life with me apparently he had no doubts either.

yn5ldqopprk9.png

Our life together was perfect i think are only issues was who was going to make coffee, get the beer, and yell stop hacking! No WAY you shot me. The game has always been a huge part of our lives, we talk about it at work, in the truck, before we go to bed, all of you guys that live in our headsets have become friends, and like family to us.

I refuse to let this memory ever go this game gave me the most incredible person i ever crossed paths with.
pon5t1cbqdge.png

Choogelaar's clan has set up a Go Fund Me account to assist his family in this time of need.
https://www.gofundme.com/choogelaar
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

1.png 271.5K
2.png 333.1K

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    My thoughts are with his friends and family. I'm sorry I never really got to know Choogelaar, who was a fellow Beta Tester. Many people speak highly of him, and how they will miss him, and how he was so young. Thanks for posting this, Tots.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 288Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    My thoughts are with his friends and family. I'm sorry I never really got to know Choogelaar, who was a fellow Beta Tester. Many people speak highly of him, and how they will miss him, and how he was so young. Thanks for posting this, Tots.

My Sentiments exactly.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    R.I.P. brother!!
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'm sorry I never got to know him, he sounds like a wonderful person. My thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

May he rest in peace.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    RIP brother.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Choogelaar.
    May you find peace and love in the memories you cherish.
  • I am sure we speak for our whole clan as we express our condolences to those who suffer from the loss of choogelaar . Hold your head high in your fond memories.
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Rust in Vrede (rip)
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    Sad to hear, RIP Choogelaar.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    Very sad. Rest in peace.
    Oh well.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    edited September 2016
    I didn't know him but he seems to be a great guy. Rest In Peace.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -PillowPantz--PillowPantz- Posts: 17Player
    Keep on fraggin bro . Hoaah
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Godspeed to his family and friends. Sounds like a cool guy.
  • rust zacht choogelaar
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 421Player
    My condolences.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 230Player
    rip :(
  • -=]GoW[=-FleeZz-ITA-=]GoW[=-FleeZz-ITA Posts: 7Player
    edited September 2016
    R.i.p Choogelaar
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 673Administrator
    Choog was a great guy and a great friend. He taught me a lot while I was at TPA. He was kind, patient and understanding amongst other things. My heart goes out to his family and Crazy. RIP Choog I will miss you.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 369Beta Tester
    So sorry to hear of Choog's passing, he was a good man!!

We send our thoughts and prayers to his family, and to all the TPA clan!!

HOOAH CHOOG!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Choog was such a good guy even tho we had our differences when i left tpa i still miss that man just talking to him and all the tpa guys over the weekend late at night. it sucks that he is gone now and i feel sorry for you craazy and the tpa clan we all lost a very good guy. fly high to the promise land my brother R.I.P Choog