Kick error or admin error?

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
Hey all --

I received a kick message earlier tonight in a server and I'm wondering about what all the possible causes could be.

The admins swore up and down that they hadn't started a kick, suggesting it could've been an ROE auto-kick issue. (Don't think so -- I had no grenade equipped, even, and no allies were anywhere nearby, not to mention that I wasn't shooting when it occured. A later ROE violation led to getting booted to spectate, not from the server.)

Is there any conceivable way this could happen through a bug? I'm not looking to pursue this with their clan -- no grudges held either direction there -- just curious about how this could happen if they really didn't start a kick themselves.

My experience was that I went to swap an AK107 out for an SV98, the game stopped responding, and I got the "You have been kicked" notification.

Client log provided below.
[1266.24] ScriptLog: ==========> Trying: USE() Cat: CAT_SWAP_ITEM with target actor: AADroppedPickup_Weapon_51 at distance 40.0647
[1266.24] ScriptLog: Distance was ok!
[1266.24] ScriptLog: DistanceToTarget: 40.0647  <= CATUse: 157.5000
[1266.24] ScriptLog:  - and - 
[1266.24] ScriptLog: LeanScale:  0.0000 == 0.0
[1266.24] ScriptLog: ==========> USE() Cat: CAT_SWAP_ITEM with target actor: AADroppedPickup_Weapon_51 at distance 40.0647
[1266.36] Log: Found InteractionActor Type 1.
[1266.62] Log: Found InteractionActor type 2
[1266.62] Log: Found InteractionActor type 2
[1266.88] Log: Found InteractionActor type 2
[1266.88] Log: Found InteractionActor type 2
[1266.88] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'AAController'
	AAWeap_M67Frag FLO_InnerHospital_VIP.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AAWeap_M67Frag_107
	Function AAGame.AAWeapon:ClientWeaponSet:01E4
[1267.14] Log: Found InteractionActor type 2
[1267.47] Error: ApplyNewRBState() called for kinematic actor AADroppedPickup_Weapon_52
[1269.80] NetComeGo: Close TcpNetDriver_0 IpNetConnectionAASteam_0 69.61.11.60:7778 09/13/16 19:55:36
[1269.80] ScriptLog: (AAGameViewportClient_0) AAGameViewportClient::None:NotifyConnectionError Title:'Connection Lost' Message:'Your connection to the host has been lost.' NetMode:'NM_Client' Map:'FLO_InnerHospital_VIP'
[1269.80] Log: Failed; returning to Entry
[1269.82] Log: LoadMap: AAEntry?failed?Name=Player?Team=255
[1270.86] ScriptLog: Steam canceling ticket on termination from server, client object: AASteamClientAuthentication_0
[1270.86] Log: INFORMATION: Steam AA4 authorization ticket canceled properly.
[1271.00] Exit: TcpNetDriver_0 shut down
[1272.63] Log: Game class is 'AAGameMenu'
[1272.64] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
[1272.64] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
[1272.64] Log: Bringing World aaentry.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2016.09.13-19.55.39
[1272.64] ScriptLog: Init Game: ?failed?Name=Player?Team=255
[1272.65] SteamUGCManager: USteamUGCManager::GetNumSubscribedUGCItems 0
[1272.65] SteamUGCManager: USteamUGCManager::GetSubscribedUGCItemIds Entered.
[1272.65] SteamUGCManager: Num Items Requested: 0. Num Items Returned: 0
[1272.65] Log: Updated Destroyable List:  0
[1272.65] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.023994
[1272.65] ScriptLog: ASTARKEY:: DisplayDebugVoiceFont SmallFont
[1272.66] Log: LocalPlayer 0 - Multiple UberPostProcessEffects present...
[1272.74] DevGFxUI: Sprite::AddDisplayObject(): unknown cid = 0

[1272.75] SteamUGCManager: USteamUGCManager::GetNumSubscribedUGCItems 0
[1272.75] SteamUGCManager: USteamUGCManager::GetSubscribedUGCItemIds Entered.
[1272.75] SteamUGCManager: Num Items Requested: 0. Num Items Returned: 0
[1272.75] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 2.933544 seconds
[1272.94] ScriptLog: (AAGameViewportClient_0) AAGameViewportClient::None:NotifyConnectionError Title:'Connection Lost' Message:'Your connection to the host has been lost.' NetMode:'NM_Standalone' Map:'AAEntry'
[1272.94] ScriptLog: (AAGameViewportClient_0) AAGameViewportClient::None:NotifyConnectionError AAPlayerController_3
[1272.94] ScriptLog: (AAPlayerController_3) AAPlayerController::Spectating:NotifyConnectionFailed Reason:'Your connection to the host has been lost.'
[1272.94] ScriptLog: (AAPlayerController_3) AAPlayerController::Spectating:NotifyConnectionFailed :2: BasicSearch:'None' Reason:'Connection lost!'
[1272.94] ScriptLog: There is no basic search, passing to generic handling
[1272.94] ScriptLog: Checking command line options
[1272.98] DevGFxUI: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
	at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/configUI()
	at scaleform.clik.core::UIComponent/validateNow()
[1272.98] DevGFxUI: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
[1272.98] DevGFxUI: UGFxInteraction::Send - CALLBACK_ViewportResized
[1272.98] ScriptLog: ViewportResized::AAHUD_Menu
[1272.98] Log: PunkBuster Client: Not Connected to a Server
[1273.55] ScriptLog: (AAPlayerController_3) AAPlayerController::Spectating:NotifyConnectionFailed Reason:'kickedPlayer is violating server rules.'
[1273.55] ScriptLog: (AAPlayerController_3) AAPlayerController::Spectating:NotifyConnectionFailed :2: BasicSearch:'None' Reason:'You have been kicked from the server! Player is violating server rules.'

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 634Moderator
    looks like the server just disappeared, router or cable issue perhaps
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Thought about that. The server was still up with near-full player count and I was able to rejoin almost immediately, so it would've been on my end. I did alt-tab over and check that I could see Google.

If it IS a disconnect issue leading to a default error line, it shouldn't default to violating server rules and it's an error to bug report -- that's what I'm trying to tease out here.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 742Player
    edited September 2016
    As m_hermann also said with "server disappeared" my guess is you had major lagg spikes, long enough to lose connection to the server. And the kick for violating server rules worked correctly, your punkbuster client will also lose connection to the server causing the server to kick you. This can happen when you instantly reconnect.

I recommend keeping an eye on your network when it happens again.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    As m_hermann also said with "server disappeared" my guess is you had major lagg spikes, long enough to lose connection to the server. And the kick for violating server rules worked correctly, your punkbuster client will also lose connection to the server causing the server to kick you. This can happen when you instantly reconnect.

I recommend keeping an eye on your network when it happens again.

Surely that should produce a PunkBuster error message of some kind. In any case, I couldn't replicate any sort of kick at all through repeated disconnects on an official server (read: pulling ethernet), let alone this error message in particular.

There were no indicators whatsoever of spotty internet connection.

For example, disconnects/lags long enough to require reconnection to the voice server would show up in the log, but don't produce the kind of kick you suggest.
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player
    Yea it looks like there generic error output is what needs to be changed. Maybe out put the error in the log "Your connection to the host has been lost."

Reading the log it is hard to tell what is going on but here is my attempt at guessing on something I don't understand :). It looks like you lost connection to the server(host) but the client has a lag time which allows you to continue to play and then if you were able to reconnect within an (x) amount of time it would catch the server back up, which failed and resulted in you violating server rules.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    My ISP requires a reconnect once a day and I set it to 3am. Sometimes however I'd be playing at that time so I disconnected. I always stayed connected to TS3 and the game simply lagged out. Guess we all know the "move around with unlimited bullets watching enemies running on the spot mode". Anyway, never got a kick message like that, reconnecting too fast got me the "duplicate GUID" (something like this, can't quite remember the exact words) kick for 2 minutes. I have seen that message quite a lot for targeted kicks/bans though and if you ask me I'm sure this is exactly what it is, not surprised to see a weird excuse like that either.