Teleportation

I made a map with multiple teleporters. Each one is activated with a switch and is specifically indicated within Kismet to only teleport a player to a specific target location. The idea is to have the players on one team spawn within one building and the other team spawns in one of 4 other buildings. If you are on the team that spawns within the single building, all switches are supposed to teleport you to an assigned teleport location within that building. All members of the other team can teleport within the building they are in or teleport to the next closest building, depending upon which switch you activate.

I set the switches up in Kismet to 'Use', meaning you must press your 'use' key to activate it.

I've checked all the teleport numbers within Kismet and none are duplicated. None of the switches are duplicated.

As an example, AATrigger_19 Used: the Used part of this one is connected to the Teleport 'In'. The Instigator is connected to the variable 'All Players' which is then connected to the 'Target' in the Teleport. The destination from the Teleport is connected to Teleporter_30.

The triggers are set to Player Only. Client Side Only is NOT selected. I have no "Touch Types" listed (I don't know what those are). Priority on all is zero.

Teleport is set to Check Overlap.

There are other settings for both Triggers and Teleport as well as All Players and the Teleporter number but I don't know what those other settings are for.

I recently finished the first phase of the project and uploaded it to Steam, adding it to our server to test. We played last night. Outcome?

Players on either team teleport to a random location within the map, not their specific building or buildings. Basically team 0 can somehow teleport to a team 1 building and kill everyone. This isn't how I set it up on Kismet so I don't understand why it's doing that.

If someone can direct me to a free photo host that I can upload some screenshots I will. Otherwise the map is on my Steam profile, feel free to get it, open it in Editor and help me find the issue.

Comments

• Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 359Moderator
    . . .If someone can direct me to a free photo host that I can upload some screenshots I will. . .

I use imgur.com If it's just a one-off, you don't need to create an account. If it's going to be pictures you'd like to link to again, create an account, it's completely free
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    What are you doing to set up the targets for your location to teleport to?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Free image host? I use sli.mg as it takes less clicks to upload the photo :D
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2016
    Teleportation really?.. are you making a Quake version of AA .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    maybe talk to, CPT A.Cantu[3rdID] he got tele-port working ,ive never bothered with it as it doesn't really fit aapg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    I too have never messed with teleportation, I was gonna use it once for an idea I had where players could use a Humvee model to travel between two completely different looking maps (that were made next to each other in reality), but I never adopted it, even binned the two maps in the end, so I'm afraid I don't know much about it other than it should be possible, somehow :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• {IRISH}loxalot{IRISH}loxalot Posts: 64Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What are you doing to set up the targets for your location to teleport to?

Targets are the Teleporters. I may not understand the question.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Teleportation really?.. are you making a Quake version of AA .

No, more of a UT version (remember the CTF map that was pyramids, set in space?).

I'll upload some photos this weekend to one of the image sites, thanks for the info.
    "Target" is the location you are going to, unless I'm mistaken. So...how are you telling your kismet where to send the player? I actually started making a teleport mini-level to check this out last night, but I crashed. I'll look at it later.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    "Target" is the location you are going to, unless I'm mistaken. So...how are you telling your kismet where to send the player? I actually started making a teleport mini-level to check this out last night, but I crashed. I'll look at it later.
    ...The Instigator is connected to the variable 'All Players' which is then connected to the 'Target' in the Teleport.

So the 'All Players' is the Target. Maybe I should try switching the All Players and Teleport number...

There are some settings for what appears to be specific players but I don't understand what they are.
    edited September 2016
    Here is a screenshot of a portion of the Kismet for the map in question. (I can't seem to get this to embed)

https://sli.mg/a/s4dzSC
    Sorry, lox....I forgot that 'target' is a special term within kismet. Anyway...why are you sending "All Players" to a teleport? That's the destination thing I meant.

From what I've seen while researching, the instigator is the player who used the switch, which then becomes the target 'thing to move' with the teleport.

Then you need to send that player only, to a valid "somewhere."

I'll look at this further when I get back to my computer....
    ______

edited September 2016
    I just did THIS and it works in the editor. Not sure about a server. It's not using a switch though....you just walk into a spot and it moves you.

http://www.3dtutorials.org/video/2585/unreal-engine-tutorial-unreal-development-kit-how-to-add-custom-teleporter-udk/

Doesn't use any kismet.
    ______

edited September 2016
    You ALMOST had it!!! Here's the kismet I got to work in the Editor... (So, two ways to do the teleport)

For each teleporter sequence:
    1) Right click in kismet...New Variable > Object > Object. (You will now have an Object Variable circle with "???" in it. That's okay. Leave it that way.)

2) Connect the AATrigger "Instigator" to the "???" Object Variable, then connect the kismet action Teleport "Target" to the same "???" Object Variable. (What this does is takes whomever used the trigger, and teleports only THEM to your connected "Destination" Teleporter actor that you placed.)

3) Don't forget to set your Trigger "Max Trigger Count" to 0 (zero) for unlimited triggers.

Looks like this:

OiNOlmH.jpg

PS - Thanks for getting me back into the editor!!!!! :)
    ______

Thanks Keebler. I saw the use of the Object in other maps with teleport but I wasn't sure what it did. It sort of make sense now that if I use All Players that as soon as anyone uses any teleporter it would bring everyone to the same location. I'll try the updated version in our server and let you know how it works out.