CSGO Skill discussion (Split from another thread)

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
This discussion was created from comments split from: AAPG First Released Three Years Ago.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

«134

Comments

  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    aa is the real learning curve, CS is easy

    Nice troll, 5/7.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    CS is far from easy.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Is there even a FPS with higher skill ceiling than CS? After all that's why it's so popular in competition.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    CS is far from easy.

    Whats far from easy in it? At least compared with other fps shooters.

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    CS is far from easy.

    Whats far from easy in it? At least compared with other fps shooters.

    Spray patterns, penalties for movement etc... If you want to be actually good, you'll have to spend a lot of time.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    CS is far from easy.

    Whats far from easy in it? At least compared with other fps shooters.

    Spray patterns, penalties for movement etc... If you want to be actually good, you'll have to spend a lot of time.

    That works in every game, doesn't mean its harder than X. Just because it is popular isn't a fact it requires more skill.

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    edited September 2016
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I wouldnt disagree with cs sbeing easy tho.

    CS is far from easy.

    Whats far from easy in it? At least compared with other fps shooters.

    Spray patterns, penalties for movement etc... If you want to be actually good, you'll have to spend a lot of time.

    That works in every game, doesn't mean its harder than X. Just because it is popular isn't a fact it requires more skill.

    The mechanics are extremely difficult to master it's a plain fact.

    Also an example, here are all of the spray patterns in CS that a player would need to memorize:
    http://csgoskills.com/academy/spray-patterns/

    Add in the fact that when you move your accuracy goes to crap. If you don't want to be a sitting duck you have to learn how to move and shoot, which requires you to stop for split second to recover your accuracy and fire (look at the video below).

    Check out this guy (pro player) and then try it yourself and let me know how it goes.


    Of course doing something like this in AA wouldn't be super easy either, but in AA there's no movement penalty while ADS, so the need to learn to do something like this is pointless.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    CSGO has a high ceiling; so do a good many other games.

    TF2 and Overwatch -- learning various playstyles means lots of depth, tons of class interactions, more mechanics to master, understanding class synergies and timings (esp. w/Overwatch ult system)

    Gunz -- action-canceling system/exploit created huge skill gap based in mechanical proficiency

    Quake-likes -- perfecting 1v1 gunplay with twitch movement AND keeping track of powerup timings (ie, denying your opponent the pickups) means really high skill ceiling


    So already we see four kinds of skill emerge. CS has a lot of player/team communication and strategy. Overwatch requires deep game knowledge. Gunz has mechanical proficiency (high APM) skill. Quake-likes require twitch aiming and reflexes. All of them take a bit (or more) from each category.


    There are multiple metrics for skill and there aren't clear ways to relate them to one another. How much teamplay/coordination is there? To what extent does tactics and long-term strategy play a role? What are the aim mechanics (point+click, recoil control, sway systems, etc)? What are the movement mechanics? What is the pacing of the game? What is the damage system like -- an AWP means you have to aim and react well once, Unreal's Pulse Gun means you have to stay on target for an extended time; both require different kinds of skill?


    This all doesn't even address that skill ceilings and complexity doesn't mean a game is good or that one kind of skill is better/more valuable than another. You could make a super-fast twitch shooter with recoil and sway systems, weird classes, high player mobility, combo systems, and timed power-ups and player-activated abilities on cooldowns. It'd tick all the boxes for "high skill ceiling", but I doubt it'd automatically be a good game.
  • {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

    The first 3 minutes of the video made me lol, that isn't even to train your aiming.
    The good old days on CoDJumpers, they even have a surfing map like this on CoD4.
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    edited September 2016
    I started playing CSGO when in launched and i play it quite often and in the past year more often than AAPG.
    People who claim the game easy as to other FPS games clearly have no clue how the game mechanic works and how difficult it can be at times.

    The gamestyle is so far apart from AAPG that this is the main reason why i disslike any attempt to compare between the two games.

    I do love AAPG and the main reason i dont play much anymore is the lack of competition. Im a competitive player in AA for the past 11 years started at the end of 2.5.
    Im pretty sure that if in someway the EU competitive community will start being active again our all clan will once again become active.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 230Player
    csgo is orrible... in every aspect. AAPG no rivals. only missing the (tournament mode) inside the browser, to implement, combined with steam, ... very simple and basic.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 288Player
    SeVn.Max wrote: »
    csgo is orrible... in every aspect. AAPG no rivals.

    Bad at english..... or troll?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    People gotta understand that skill ceiling is an objective matter and there is no personal preferences involved. Like aapg for whatever reason but cs definitely has a way higher skill ceiling.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 750Player
    AAPG requires barely no skill at this point, spray and pray, hipfire from 1 corner to ther other of the map... bah

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    AAPG requires barely no skill at this point, spray and pray, hipfire from 1 corner to ther other of the map... bah

    If that was the fact then everybody wouldve been super pro.
    Since not everybody is that good means that you are wrong
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    AAPG requires barely no skill at this point, spray and pray, hipfire from 1 corner to ther other of the map... bah

    If that was the fact then everybody wouldve been super pro.
    Since not everybody is that good means that you are wrong

    Did you play competition recently? It's really bad if you ask me, reduced the already small skill ceiling further since spraying and praying is a valid strategy now.
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    AAPG requires barely no skill at this point, spray and pray, hipfire from 1 corner to ther other of the map... bah

    If that was the fact then everybody wouldve been super pro.
    Since not everybody is that good means that you are wrong

    Did you play competition recently? It's really bad if you ask me, reduced the already small skill ceiling further since spraying and praying is a valid strategy now.

    like i mentioned before there is no competitive scene on the EU side so nowhere to play at.
    i can understand what you mean by reducing the skil level but no need to exaggerate
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    AAPG requires barely no skill at this point, spray and pray, hipfire from 1 corner to ther other of the map... bah

    If that was the fact then everybody wouldve been super pro.
    Since not everybody is that good means that you are wrong

    Did you play competition recently? It's really bad if you ask me, reduced the already small skill ceiling further since spraying and praying is a valid strategy now.

    like i mentioned before there is no competitive scene on the EU side so nowhere to play at.
    i can understand what you mean by reducing the skil level but no need to exaggerate

    It's not exxegerated, definitely decresed the skill ceiling. At this point I'd probably not even play comp anymore if there was any.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'm with you saying that AAPG has a low skill ceiling, however at the same time its not easy in terms of controlling your shooting.. people tend to use "spray and play" often. Every game has spray and pray, even CSGO has spray but at least you can learn the pattern, in AAPG its not something that can be mastered because it has that randomness in it.. but at the same time its not easy because the recoil is higher than most games I've played (COD, BF, insurgency... etc..)
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
Sign In or Register to comment.