Multiple Objectives Settings / Capture Order

I'm building a map with 4 objectives. I'm having issues with setting up the objectives.

Regardless of which side you spawn on, there is an objective directly in front of spawn point. When your team captures that objective, a gate opens to allow your team to enter an area that was blocked by the gate. Now your team can take a second objective.

The same applies to the other team as above.

The fourth objective is not connected with any kismet.

I want all 4 to be taken for the capturing team to win a round, besides killing all enemies.

The Objective Editor in Advanced Editor isn't allowing me to:
1: Zoom into the map to see my objectives clearly, nor the spawn points (I've been having to move them way off map to move them around within the Objective Editor); or
2: Do a Capture X > Capture Y > Capture Z > Capture W (not in any order except X or Y must be taken before you can even reach W).

Before I started editing this map in Advanced I created it in Basic Editor which included 3 objectives. I copied/pasted one from one of those. When testing the map on a server I found that if either team took X and Y, the round ended.

The default Objective Editor settings showed an "&" (ampersand) inside of a circle with lines and arrows going to each objective but it wasn't going to all of them properly and allowing a 2 objective round win. I couldn't find a way to modify them so I deleted the objectives and added them one at a time.

I can't find any old or new tutorials, forum discussions or anything specific enough to resolve this issue, well, lack of knowledge.

Any tips, tricks or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to my Steam profile. The map I'm having issues with is Park & Die. Please check it out if you can't understand my flow, problem or questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/loxalot/myworkshopfiles/

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    At the far right top tab of the content browser is a tab for world info and a place to reset your map image. Center the image with some room around the edges and then go to the menu and click "capture texture." This is the image used in the Objective Editor.

You may run into package errors if you map file name and world info don't match.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 628Player
    to select more than 1 obj press control and keep it pressed whilst , clicking on objectives ,then drag to enemy command post to set win
  • {IRISH}loxalot{IRISH}loxalot Posts: 64Player
    Keebler: My Objective editor map is centered it's just not allowing me to zoom in. This is an issue because all 4 objectives are relatively close to each other.

Lobo: I tried that but it didn't work for me. Every time I did that it wouldn't select the second, third or fourth objectives.

I did select one objective and move it to the command post, or at least the hovering help bubble would tell me so, but it isn't putting 4 lines of Capture Objective W, then X, then Y, then Z. then Win. Instead it's putting each objective basically on top of each other on the same line. I know this because if I click on the X next to the only thing listed on the left, let's say it's W, it then shows X or Y or Z.

How do I delete the lines and arrows on the Obj Editor to start over without having to delete all of the actual objectives within the map?

I will try the CTRL option again and let you know if it doesn't work.

Is there a tutorial or guide that is specific to the objectives?

Thank you both.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 628Player
    you dont need to delete objs in map ,just just click on obj in mission eddy, eg x then press delete it will remove line ,but not actual obj
    you dont need to delete objs in map ,just just click on obj in mission eddy, eg x then press delete it will remove line ,but not actual obj

Thanks I will try that :)
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    At the far right top tab of the content browser is a tab for world info and a place to reset your map image. Center the image with some room around the edges and then go to the menu and click "capture texture." This is the image used in the Objective Editor.

Thank you very much! That improved my objective visibility tons more than expected!!!

OMG you guys are the greatest!! That worked too. Thank you very much!!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    :) Glad you're getting somewhere! It's not easy dealing with all the little quirks of the Editor AND being creative at the same time!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.