30fps improvement when escape menu is showing??

JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
How come I max out between 80 and 100fps when spectating or playing in inner hospital but when I press escape and bring up menu it goes up to 144fps to match my monitor refresh? you can still see the game play behind the menu so it still rendering fully so don't see why game drops +30fps when I close menu.
I have a fx8350 8 core processor that I run with only 4 cores for AAPG overclocked to 4.9mhz and none of the cores reach 100% usage while playing AAPG
also I have a 1070 Gigabyte G! NVidia card that during AAPG doesn't even get taxed enough to make its fans spin.
the 1070 is capable of running this game at 200+fps so I always thought I was CPU limited because AAPG doesn't utilise 8 cores. Hence I run It in 4 cores as I can overclock it higher and gives me around 10fps more in AAPG.
anyhow always thought it was my CPU limiting my FPS but if it can render game at 144mhz when menu is activated then I am confused!

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    edited July 2016
    I imagine that when you bring the menu up it's making the frames sky rocket because it's covering the stuff that supposed to be rendering in the background if it wasn't there, so your video card don't need to render what's behind which gives it less work to do as it's only showing for the most part, a static image which = more FPS.

I get so many frames on the main menu/title screen that my GPU coils whine like a squealing pig, had to turn on framerate smoothing and lock the FPS to a more sensible 120, just to save myself from being subjected to the annoying drone.. it's actually gotten a lot quieter now though from when it was new, must have been burning them in :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    The in game menu is transparent. i can watch the gameplay through it. doesnt cover anything just darkens it slightly.
    Agreed start up logging in screen fps hits 400+ but i talking about during a match
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 727Player
    My guess is when you open menu is stops rendering everything on the background in HD quality to reduce stress on the GPU by adding a overlay over it from the menu. Something you won't see as a fast with the naked eye. FPS is a big issue in this game lately, makes me also wonder why they don't remove all the garbage around the map while not using it anyway in the play area.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited August 2016
    i can run GTA V with all the detail setting, distance and all the advanced visual setting maxed out at 60 to 90 fps. Cant get my head round that AAPG runs in same fps range :(
    I also run HTC Vive VR games at a steady 90fps. For that it needs to render seperate images for each eye at 90fps and 1080x1200 per eye. yet i struggle to maintain 90fps on a single 1080 monitor with AAPG.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited August 2016
    No secret AAPG does badly on newer components.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    You're not the first to have performance issues with aapg while using the gtx 1070. http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/5079/who-is-buying-nvidia-10-series#latest
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 634Moderator
    You're not the first to have performance issues with aapg while using the gtx 1070. http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/5079/who-is-buying-nvidia-10-series#latest

Go to Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings and choose Nvidia Processor high performance. Fixes it for many people