contest winners

(Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
well done to all contest winners , keep working on it ( except for jon ,he's to good at it lol) 3 new official maps in 6 months ,

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I want to say right here....you top three smoked me!!! :) I have SOOOOOO much to learn!

I personally think these challenges are great fun. :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    Vip contest, Next?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    No. Who can build the best elevator....heh heh. For once I won't be so far behind....!!

:unamused:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,156Player
    My guess is either VIP or remakes. I just hope we're not pushed into a theme if either are chosen.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'd like to see AA2 remake map pack ... official servers dedicated to running minimum of 5 remade maps..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    IMHHO, I just don't think the Devs want anything to do with remakes.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    well they did say they would run an aa2 style contest
    edited July 2016

I Agree. Hence why CSAR wasn't chosen in the UMM contest (even though an overwhelming majority wanted the map in the game). I'd personally rather just see them take some of the AA2 ports and include them as an official map pack... But i think the dev team hates the old games too much to do that. I think they're tired of AA2 this AA2 that and try to do anything they can (even to the determent of the game) to avoid AA2 stuff.
    At this point.. anything that will bring people in

wish they would have thought of that before Inner ruined the game

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,094Player
    edited July 2016
    just my thought on the contests , but shouldn,t we be coming up with originals not copies of others ? creativity is key .
    its not working

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,472Player
    Well done to all contest winners thanks for taking the time to give us something other than inner hospital =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'd like them next to hold a challenge to 'make a better map that inner' comp.. and if that includes a top class UMM remake from a past game, then fair game.. anything to grab some of it's popularity and share in it's wealth :lol:

Plus, imagine a UMM being a top pick for all players? it'd be monumental, no higher prize.
    well done to all contest winners , keep working on it ( except for jon ,he's to good at it lol) 3 new official maps in 6 months ,

Couldn't agree more!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    could always have an "open" comp ,no themes, no rules, except for maybe limiting 2 maps per maker, then best liked /made map wins
    edited July 2016
    I think it has to be something fresh and new from start. No maps that are already made. People will have to show progression of their work from white shall to completion.

And yes wolvy too. I'm not any better than so of you. And rest of you are getting just as good if not better.
    edited July 2016
    I think it has to be something fresh and new from start. No maps that are already made.

I don't think it's necessary. If someone has a good map that they think is worthy, then why not?

In any sense, unless a competition is specifically for remakes, I think they should just leave them out.

I'd like to see an open competition. I don't see there a reason to theme it. Let people do whatever they think would work out to be a great map. I can understand focusing on BDX vs. FLO. Maybe even limiting to VIP or C4. However, just let people get creative, it'd be more fun that way.

I do like Doba's idea of limiting maps to two per person. Maybe even one per person wouldn't be a horrible idea. It'd get people to focus on perfecting one map instead of just throwing map after map out there.

One thing I'd like to see in future contests is more Dev involvement. An easy way for this is to have two preview events rather than one.
    May 16 was the preview event in the recent competition. The final date was July 4. That's a month and a half. Some people got some feedback, others got practically nothing. At that point it was just a blind go about it before the contest wrapped up. Some people were able to get their map repeatedly tested and others weren't. Unless the Devs were populating the server, people wouldn't play. Of course, FLO would be easier in this regard.
    If there was another preview event let's say on June 20th. That'd give people one last round of feedback to put the finishing touches on their map before the final deadline date (2 week window).