Clan tag protection/mis-use

I've been told that someone has been using our -SD- clan tag as their username in AAPG but they are not part of -SD-...
    [-]Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    [-]Can the DEV's set up a clan registration page?

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Impersonation of Admins, Dev team members, other members of the Army staff, or other fraudulent use of tag of identification is immediate grounds for removal. This includes close spellings intended to deceive other users.

It may possibly be against the game Terms of Service. That said -- is it tag collision, where they've just happened to also be SD (Strategic Defense or Somebody's gonna Die or Silly Dudes or ...)? Or are they actually passing themselves off as you?

Record & report as abuse.

Short of a centrally-managed system, it's pretty tough for the Devs to know who is and isn't in your clan. What happens if Member Alice doesn't like Member Bob and reports him as impersonating? A tag system would be nice, but it's a lot of work for a pretty small amount of gain. It also puts the Devs in the tricky position of arbitrating who gets which tags, when they get released for inactivity, responding to clan politics when a leader gets annoyed and kicks everyone out but the rest of the clan wants to keep the tag... . It's also still not immune to impersonation issues.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    As an unaffiliated to anyone pubber, I'd be pretty sad if I couldn't use [ENG]* tag infront of my name because a clan was using it :(

*(Which of course, stands for England)

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Good luck!!, not even with PB tag protection that could be fixed, since the list wasn't shared with all admins.

But wait, maybe Devs could help you on that... let me search 2003 posts to follow up... :)
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,377Player
    We and most clans have clan tag protection so he will be kicked if he joins any server running the clan tag protection.
    Let the idiot go play on a official server.
    I would put his name here but its against the forum rules to name and shame.
    You can see it on our forum =)
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    As an unaffiliated to anyone pubber, I'd be pretty sad if I couldn't use [ENG]* tag infront of my name because a clan was using it :(

Have you tried the [BREXIT] tag? British Extreme IT gamer. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »

Have you tried the [BREXIT] tag? British Extreme IT gamer. :p

:lol:

We Englishmen are still European, in or out of that whole Union malarkey.. the whole EU thing is just paperwork, politics and money, difference being we now get to do what we want with it all.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We have wanted to have some kind of clan registration, but it just hasn't been in the cards. I'll poke some people and see what we can see.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Brexit is britain exit . Not extreme .

Whoosh?
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,377Player
    edited July 2016
    Clan Tag Registration system - need testers

http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116374
    Thank you to ACI.
  • -{XL}-It''sCrosser!-{XL}-It''sCrosser! Posts: 61Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    We have wanted to have some kind of clan registration, but it just hasn't been in the cards. I'll poke some people and see what we can see.

Thanks Tots, would be very interesting as a thing. I follow the discussion
    34pz8uc.png
    xlegion.it
    Referent of the Italian Community of AA
    Steam ID: Crosser

iMac 27"
    Intel Core i5-4570
    CPU @ 3.20 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia Ge Force GT 755M

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 362Beta Tester
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »