Map Spotlight: Impact2ndWave and Jungle Trash & Furious 2

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
q49ni2pkse70.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655331238

Impact2ndWave is Modtools’ recreation of the AA3 map Impact. This recreation does a good job of mixing the old with the new. The layout remains very similar to the original allowing veterans of the map to hop in without missing a beat. The aesthetics mix old AA3 assets with new Proving Grounds assets to maintain the charm of the original while increasing the overall quality of the map’s assets. Modtools provides a nice twist to the map by making the objective locations random each round.

ghjvo0f015yl.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655331238

Jungle Trash & Furious II, a map brought to us by Fg.L@lOoZe, may be the most visually impressive map of the bunch. It is clear the map creator spent a ton of time getting the look and feel of the map just right. Liberal use of particle effects and decals throughout the space really help to dirty the map up. The layout of the map can take a little getting used to, but once you do a host of interesting routes become available for you to get around the map. The map make nice use of verticality in an untraditional way. Large structure surrounding the playspace make the players feel a bit claustrophobic while some minor changes in playspace elevation (half story hop ups and the like) help add some spice to otherwise straight forward corridors.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

impact2.jpg 705.9K
Jungle.jpg 603.3K

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    I'm really enjoying seeing what other map makers come up with. Very interesting creative journey. I like! The contests are a great way to push a little and up the ante! :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    You have the same link to both maps. Miss link to Jungle Trash & Furious II.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    It might be this, but it's named Jungle Trash & Furious
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702882661
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -{XL}-It''sCrosser!-{XL}-It''sCrosser! Posts: 61Player
    VERY INTERESTING
    34pz8uc.png
    xlegion.it
    Referent of the Italian Community of AA
    Steam ID: Crosser

iMac 27"
    Intel Core i5-4570
    CPU @ 3.20 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia Ge Force GT 755M

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Incredible looking maps!

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis