[Request]Admin option for TEMP-Ban

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I think it fits best in server support.

As an admin (many different FPS games) I am finding that I miss the temp-ban option more and more.
Now you have to ban the players manually and make a list to unban manually when the "temp-ban" is over.

Adding a temp-ban option in the admin panel with a few extra options when temp-ban is ticked would make a huge difference.

For instance someone is blocking,teamflashing etc etc.
Admin panel, temp-ban, tick box untill next match. and you're done. he's off the server has had enough warning and can re-enter the game after that match ends.
This you can make for 24 hours 1/2/3/4 weeks.
If its anymore than that a full ban should suffice.

Thanks for reading/listening.

If there is an option like this please tell me O.o

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Assuming you can get pb_sv_kick to work for you (admin permissions etc), that should support temp-ban functionality.
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 175Player
    Yes would be nice. in AA2 i remember there were this option, right?
    You can ban IP, playername or MAC from the in-game adminpanel.
    Also you could choose the time from 5 mins to 1 month etc..-> permanent.
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Saccho wrote: »
    Assuming you can get pb_sv_kick to work for you (admin permissions etc), that should support temp-ban functionality.

Yeah that is right, but the problem is sometimes pb is not recognizing commands and also it is not as convenient to type everything into the console in the heat of getting someone off the server..

The PB tool allows you to give up to a 60 min kick, but adding this option to the pb tool is scary because the pb tool is so buggy at times, but nice to have..

I like the idea of having a temp ban option in the admin game panel... Something to think about!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -=Pvt.Paula=--=Pvt.Paula=- Posts: 15Player
    For instance someone is blocking,teamflashing etc etc.

I like the idea of having a temp ban option in the admin game panel too, but i think we can wayt a looooooong time for such a useful option B)

"You can invest in a thing your whole HEART and your whole passion, to make sure its like "idiot proof" and the next day you will get bashed from karma: karma invented and developed a better idiot."

banner_560x95.png
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 763Administrator
    I think its more for you to choose when to unban. I can see this as a handy tool though. Just not sure if it is necessary. I too run my own server but if I need to kick someone it is their choice to come back and follow the rules or go somewhere else to chill. If they are going to be immature come back and make a issue of it then I would rather they do it right away so I can give then another chance and let them know to go cool off of they will be banned so such a rule or such a reason. For ban I see it better that a individual comes to your website to talk to you about his or her ban removal. It shows humility and ownership. So it could be handy but I don't see it being something the admin panel needs personally. Thank you for the topic :)
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Stop sending them over to our server Gorilla!!! :p

LMAO!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!