[RESOLVED] VOIP won't work on a new server IP

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
edited July 2016 in Server Support
RESOLUTION: This issue is caused by the Host A Server tool not passing the proper TS3 server port to AAEngine.ini in the Teamspeak section. A manual edit, and batch file server start is required to keep the VoIP working.

I just moved my server behind my second IP and opened the same ports that I had open on the other router, but now I have no VOIP...not even the talk icon....when I'm on my server.

I used the VOIP all day on other servers no problem, and the Loopback test works, so I'm assuming I messed up the server somehow. In AAGame.ini the VOIP is enabled on the server, so...what should I look for? Does anyone know what port the ingame TS3 uses?
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited July 2016
    I moved the server from the back of the modem, to behind the router in the diagram below, after getting a second IP from my provider. Still can't get it to work.

I'm pretty sure this is a network issue in my system here but I don't know enough about what to expect in order to problem solve.

This is the basics of my setup

[Modem_External_IP#1] -- IP_Passthrough --> [ROUTER_External_IP#2] --> [DUMBswitch] --> [InternalDevices_and_AAPGserver]

Ports to my server are forwarded from the router. These same ports worked when I was running the server off the back of the modem.

Server can be seen in the game and Steam server browsers, the server can be joined and played, both from internal and external connections. VoIP is enabled in the AAGame.ini.

HOWEVER, while the logs say the built-in TS3 game server is functioning, and the loopback say my mic is working, no one who joins my server sees a talk icon, or hears any VoIP.

ANY thoughts on this?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I can get VoIP if I join on the internal (LAN) IP ie "open 192.168.1.12" because that isn't trying to come through the modem and router, I figure.

I'm over my head. Surely I shouldn't have to port forward the modem when it has IP_Passthrough should I ?
    ______

Issue has been resolved. See original post for details.
    ______