Leavenworth is back!

Comments

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Is that the jail you all were talking about? You go there for friendly fire right? Is it there in AA:PG?
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 373Beta Tester
    Yes.. I use to TK a friend just to go!!! lol

You can orbit around the cells and see the Dev's artwork it was always cool... I have not seen it in AAPG not sure if it is back or not!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,185Player
    edited July 2016
    open console type in..

open LeavenworthPrison.umap

once arrived.. type ghost in console, cuz I'm a good guy it's the only way I'll get to see it :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player

You can orbit around the cells and see the Dev's artwork it was always cool... I have not seen it in AAPG not sure if it is back or not!!

Open the console in-game by pressing ~
    open LeavenworthPrison

After the map loads, escape your cell with
    ghost

Start walking again with
    walk

Enjoy
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Saccho wrote: »

open LeavenworthPrison

ghost

Start walking again with
    walk

Enjoy

Magician Saccho I am jealous about your knowledge on everything.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited July 2016
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »
    Saccho wrote: »

open LeavenworthPrison

ghost

Start walking again with
    walk

Enjoy

Magician Saccho I am jealous about your knowledge on everything.

That's because he use to tk people a lot in the past, got real good at spending time in there, then he did an El Chapo on us.

Sorry, couldn't resist... :p
    googley avatar aapg

Makes you wonder what else wasnt included in the patch notes :lol:

• -SD-Ninja_Jedi-SD-Ninja_Jedi Posts: 16Player
    Nice!!! ...needs the harmonica and sound effects though
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,111Player
    I assume it wasn't part of the patch notes because it's not officially in the game yet. I'm guessing at some point excessive TKing will throw you there.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Map makers will/should have known about Leavenworth before the VIP patch anyway.. as there were a few give-aways to do with cells and jail in the assets packages. I just didnt want to be the first to spoil anything :lol:

So it dont actually work for ROE violations yet? oops we may have prematurely spoiled the next new content update lol

Nice!!! ...needs the harmonica and sound effects though

I thought they were there now?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Wait.. so now when you get kicked instead of going straight to server list I have an extra wait and disconnect before the server list. Pff... people complained about having an extra loading screen but they like this.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    I think the Leavenworth effect is only meant to happen if you're kicked with reason "Player is shooting/blocking teammates" or "You have been temporarily banned from this server". Might happen too with the ROE kick.
    In older versions of AA it was only a ROE kick. Getting kicked by an admin would always send you back to the main menu/server list. I hope that's what they do with this as well.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    ^
    Admin kicks should never send you to jail. Usually you get kicked for "idle" but some special snowflakes kick for "shooting/blocking teammates" as well (obviously you didn't actually do that).
    It was always only affected by ROE.. that's what I meant.. with being kicked

edited July 2016
    The main issue I see with it is the load time. Leavenworth actually loaded kind of quickly back in the old days. If someone is sitting there for 15+ seconds to wait to go to Leavenworth it would [TOS Violation] people off badly. If it takes a couple seconds, fine.

People like Leavenworth because of nostalgia. I remember back when I played the old game it would [TOS Violation] me off going there. By the time it loaded, then you went back to the server screen, then tried to rejoin, the server was full. It's one of those things that is kind of cool the first couple times and then you're just rushing to get back to the server menu. At the very least it adds that Army "authenticity" that's sorely missing from the game. People like that kind of stuff. It's stupid things like that which will make a few people stick around.
    I was just busting balls

• Howie_MunsonHowie_Munson Posts: 60Player
    and now give us all the old console commands from 2004 :'D
    edited July 2016
    Accidental shooting of the VIP's head (on my team ofc) resulted in my incarceration earlier tonight.

Confirmed.. Leavenworth works and so did the harmonica :lol: