Monitor Size

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
I picked up a 27'' monitor for Father's Day to replace a 24" (both ASUS brands). When gaming, my eyeballs were 19" from the screen (yes, measured with flex tape). It makes a difference being able to see the enemy far way appear bigger but I feel my neck doing more adjusting from side to side. I was thinking the next upgrade would be a 32"-36" anamorphic screen but I can see it really causing some whiplash issues. I don't know how some can do it with 3 24"s. Have we reached a benchmark with gaming monitor sizes when you play on a desk designed for computers?
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Well, that's why people ask for adjustable FOV, right? You could upgrade monitor size // go multi-screen and just have a wider view instead of a magnified view of what you've got now.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    I play almost every game (except AAPG and a few indies) on my 52" tv, can sit on the sofa with a 360 controller.. 5-6 feet from the screen.. 5.1 audio through my Z906 and turn off the lights. It's heaven.

On AAPG I sit right up against a 22" 1080p monitor, listening through iphone earbuds, making great contributions to future arthritic claw hands :lol: I couldnt play FPS on a much bigger screen and certainly never with a controller.

The older im getting the more closer to the screen im sitting :lol: sometimes I have my face just a few inches away like im trying to pinch a pixel or two or even for a little extra clarity.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player

The older im getting the more closer to the screen im sitting :lol: sometimes I have my face just a few inches away like im trying to pinch a pixel or two or even for a little extra clarity.

Unfortunately, It's time for reading glasses, and when you get to that "certain" age those glasses have a restrictive view. I have reading glasses for 8"-19". Beyond 19" the glasses are not needed but I feel too far away from the monitor. Inside 8" I am blind.

@Saccho, Yes a greater FOV for those new anamorphic screens is needed. My 27" monitor has a height of 13'' (I am glancing up and down) so I could easily go anamorphic and drop the viewable height to 9" But the option must be available to everyone for equal advantage.
    googley avatar aapg

• {!T!}LordDamian{!T!}LordDamian Posts: 713Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    Well, that's why people ask for adjustable FOV, right? You could upgrade monitor size // go multi-screen and just have a wider view instead of a magnified view of what you've got now.

Oh yes, or at least support for bigger screens. I'm using a 29" with a resolution of 2560x1080 and aspect ratio 21:9. Playing this game full screen makes me instantly motion sick, normally i would go for a new screen so i could play my games with out issues but AAPG is the only game i have issues with. Seeing a FOV slider up to max of 120 for this screen would make me love the world again.

Ah well, as long they don't add it.. I'll play AA:PG like this :lol:

13576876_1035328716535776_5433045309904400326_o.jpg
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited July 2016
    ^^^ wow that blows

.. but I think something isn't right, change your resolution to better fit the screen, it looks square atm surely it can be better

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    ^^^ wow that blows

.. but I think something isn't right, change your resolution to better fit the screen, it looks square atm surely it can be better

Wish that was possible, this is the only resolution that gives me HD quality.. The rest is all pixelated.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    He should be at 2560 x 1440. I don't know if AAPG supports over 1080 but there still should be a way to play at some widescreen resolution and not in a box.
    googley avatar aapg

Is there still a way to console type in your resolution? There are numerous resolutions for you to try to widen that screen.. how can a box resolution be the only HD res for you.. what does 1920x1080 do for you? cause its not going to be a box

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited July 2016
    Can't that fancy monitor do it? I can set mine to different display modes including pretty much everything you can imagine from 17" up to the 27" it has with different aspect ratios (even the weird ones like 5:4). If not there is probably a program for that.
    wait, but he plays like that on purpose, otherwise he says he gets motion sickness from widescreen ..Shrugs..

edited July 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Is there still a way to console type in your resolution? There are numerous resolutions for you to try to widen that screen.. how can a box resolution be the only HD res for you.. what does 1920x1080 do for you? cause its not going to be a box

Using 1920x1080 fills up the full screen, 1680x1050 makes it a bit bigger and is also a box in the center of the screen but isn't really playable and feels weird because believe it or not its zoomed in more.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Can't that fancy monitor do it? I can set mine to different display modes including pretty much everything you can imagine from 17" up to the 27" it has with different aspect ratios (even the weird ones like 5:4). If not there is probably a program for that.

This monitor came with software of its own, not that its good because it keeps crashing all the time. There was an option in there, but even that looked weird as ***.

The thing is, yes they do support 2560x1080 in this game. But with out the support on the aspect ratio 21:9 and the 120 FOV it's terrible.. I tried shooter couple weeks back on this screen with 90 FOV and that already made me dizzy.

Ohye forgot, playing fullscreen on 2560x1080 breaks a lot. :lol:

Faceless sniper;

67574F5B4EF6B61E94D9E20C36DF158C9656BED7

Or missing the head;

BDDE6C0A15936EADD9690D04572C6BC861309253