New Update, can't stop map rotation

-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
After this update, which I love, I can not get my server set to inner only.. I put a smi colon ; in front of all the maps as I always have before, and only left inner vip but at the end of a match it still wants to rotate..

Any ideas? I notice now in my game.ini there is a + sign before the map, where there was none before, does that + sign trigger something?
One day I will graduate noob school!!!
-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    You're looking at the default ini not the proper server config ini...

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Yeah, what happened was, I updated, then I copy and pasted my game ini that I have edited already back into the new game ini...

I had it set so that no other map but inner would load, but after the update my edited ini is no longer working, and no I did not paste the bottom version number...

So I tried to do the update again and reset the game ini and after it updated again the ini did not change, it stayed the way I edited it.. SO I copy and pasted the default game ini and edited that but still I can not get it to stop rotating..
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

I think I see the problem...the entire server system has been revamped with a new Host A Server tool and probably new ini settings etc.

I'm hoping we'll see some info for server owners.....
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    OK Thanks
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

I would recommend for ANYONE who is trying to run a server right now to take a look at the new server tool. It's got a lot of good stuff in there. Hopefully a guide will come out outlining the changes.

______

Where do you find the new server tool?

I have a server through lowping//
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

When you go to open your client from Steam, there is an option to host a dedicated server using the Host A Server tool. Even if you're not going to run it from there you can learn about the new setup. Right now all of this is a little bit of a grey area. Hopefully, it'll get cleared up.

I'm not actually sure how to start it other than from Steam......I'm betting it's done by setting some switches when AALauncher32.exe is executed, but...?
    ______

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,473Player
    edited June 2016
    The server tool has nothing to do with lowping danny.
    If you want to stop rotation and have just one map just add : before map name like this and leave the one you want without it.
    MapRotationList=flo_DoubleImpact$76561198010761141_th
    ;MapRotationList=flo_NewDowntown$76561198010761141_ex
    ;MapRotationList=flo_reclaimyardc4nightime$76561198096796482_c4
    ;MapRotationList=flo_reclaimyard2$76561198096796482_ex
    ;MapRotationList=flo_p$76561198096796482_ex
    ;MapRotationList=bdx_SDOilRig$76561198010761141_de
    ;MapRotationList=flo_sdvillage$76561198010761141_ac
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_docksideCanals$76561198010761141_ac
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_ranch$76561198010761141_th
    ;MapRotationList=bdx_pistols2$76561198096796482_cu
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_InnerHospital_EX
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_Checkout_EX
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_Intercept_EX
    ;MapRotationList=FLO_Homestead_C4
    ;MapVoteList=FLO_Homestead_C4
    ;MapVoteList=FLO_Intercept_EX
    ;MapVoteList=FLO_Checkout_EX
    ;MapVoteList=FLO_InnerHospital_E
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Thanks Delton!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

THIS is why I said to check for config issues with the new server setup:

OP said:
    ...I put a semi colon ; in front of all the maps as I always have before, and only left inner vip but at the end of a match it still wants to rotate..

It's not like I was misdirecting him. He said he'd already done that.

______

Yeah sorry Keebler I wasn't clear enough..

Thanks for all your help, it's fixed now.. I made the mistake of copying the default game.ini and pasting it into the normal game.ini that we edit.. And that is why everything looked so different..

Let this be a lesson to us all, (I am on the top of that list) if your going to edit the ini files, BACK THEM UP FIRST!!! (File Editing 101) :p

-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!