Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I guess I just dont understand fully the big picture.. for example we dont like supported.. right? its cheap, but how is the removal of something like that making the game any deeper.. all you did was take away another part of the challenge (eg you are unsupported against someone who is). I get that it promotes people to sit there with zero recoil and a bunch of other negatives the thing brings.. but its removal you might say makes the game easier :lol:
    Because having features does not mean having depth. The most interesting aspects of the gameplay happen at the fundamental level and are the most simple.

Supported in lobby benches is pretty godlike right? So what do you do if you remove supported? Stand right there completely exposed? Crouch behind it and peek once in a while with risk of already being outnumbered? Maybe hold a different angle? Go somewhere else on the map?

Removing/nerfing a feature that is a crutch and centralizes the meta, opens other viable options and thus allows for more variety in encounters.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    You already said it.. your bored with the game.. and after all this time its understandable. No amount of new features or changes will suddenly make veterans feel like they are playing a fresh, exciting, new game.
    There haven't been any new features or changes all of this time excepts for VIP, which is the point. Minus all the bad ones that came with full release and every consecutive update...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    edited July 2016
    Removing/nerfing a feature that is a crutch and centralizes the meta, opens other viable options and thus allows for more variety in encounters.

Just know that I'm with you guys on supported, not a fan myself. I'm able to just simply live with it I guess, motto of the day.. live or die, at least we try.

BUT if say we ever get cool Bipods that do the same sorta job of the supported position? as an entire feature replacement?.. you better not be en mass disagreement with that too and cause all the fuss we see here all the time lately. I want that Bipod and if the slim chance any dev reads this and has a eureka moment but is put off by any sort of forthcoming criticism of the Bipod ideology.. then I'm afraid we will clash, I will challenge you to an Old English customary Swordfight, to the death, at the location of your choosing.. or until I get banned and cannot continue my trollery, whichever comes first.

Bipod. Fixed.

I once made a Leavenworth Sig, sported it around these parts for the best part of 300 posts.. thing had to have had some attention.. and by some stroke of luck we got leavenworth, so on that note.. I'm off to make a Bipod Sig.

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Do it, Uni. Get us our attachments system. :p
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited July 2016
    Been pushing for attachment system for a long time.

In any sense, I honestly don't know if anything short of AA5 done right will ever give this game decent popularity.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    If I were in charge, I would clean this up as much as possible with as much user feedback as I could get, then move to AA5. I'm just hoping there's going to be an AA5. Stuff like CS:GO looks awful to me so I'm worried about my FPS future, haha.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 681Player
    Same recommendation I had for FraggedNation. Wipe it clean and start over. AAPG wasn't even actually called AA4, so we could all just pretend this was one big experiment.

-Request more money for advertising AA4.
    -Require every Army recruiter to mention it once per quarter to a crowd.
    -Harness the power of the AAPG community and lets get it advertised properly.
    -New leadership in Huntsville
    -No more paying Devs to be forum police
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Things I would like to see removed
    Run crouch and slide removed instead when you run and then crouch you just stop no slide players use it as a bug because it lags you out.
    Being able to crouch and stand fast and still give a head shot instead you should have more gun sway for a second or two especially with sniper rifle.
    I would like to see Supported position removed why give one player against another no recoil.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    If the Devs want to be smart about it. They'll try to get this game to a point where people really like it (not sure if that will ever happen) with tons of features and whatever else. Then stop development and begin work on AA5 on UE4. The porting process will take time, but even if it's a year or so it would be well worth it especially if they get the game to the right state. The template will be there based on their own work.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    There is really no point in repeating the hype cycle with a new game if its to get another AA3 or AAPG. With every failure, the trust in the brand gets lower and lower and the hype for new things gets lower as well.

This is all an opinion from the outside looking in but this game seems salvageable to some degree, however they need to bite the bullet and make the changes that need to be made. They know AA2 so they know a formula that has proven to be successful, regardless of how many years ago it was, and that is what they have to move towards. First, get your players back and only then start working on some new things.

Not to always be the prophet of doom, but who actually thought the vip was going to achieve some miraculous shift in the player base? Its still the same game underneath so its a short lived illusion.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    I dont think theres anything AAPG could do, add to it or remove.. not now or ever that would turn its hardcore critics into lovers, even those who have put hundreds.. even thousands of hours into a game they say they both dont like nor enjoy..

Theres absolutely nothing, minds are made up and have been since forever.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    I dont think theres anything AAPG could do, add to it or remove.. not now or ever that would turn its hardcore critics into lovers

Money actually could turn me into a fanboy :D
    AAPG is good!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I dont think theres anything AAPG could do, add to it or remove.. not now or ever that would turn its hardcore critics into lovers, even those who have put hundreds.. even thousands of hours into a game they say they both dont like nor enjoy..

Theres absolutely nothing, minds are made up and have been since forever.

Look into hours pre- and post-release and you might find something.
    There is really no point in repeating the hype cycle with a new game if its to get another AA3 or AAPG. With every failure, the trust in the brand gets lower and lower and the hype for new things gets lower as well.

This is all an opinion from the outside looking in but this game seems salvageable to some degree, however they need to bite the bullet and make the changes that need to be made. They know AA2 so they know a formula that has proven to be successful, regardless of how many years ago it was, and that is what they have to move towards. First, get your players back and only then start working on some new things.

Not to always be the prophet of doom, but who actually thought the vip was going to achieve some miraculous shift in the player base? Its still the same game underneath so its a short lived illusion.

Well, yeah, the template should be AA2. However, you need to make an AA2 that feels modern. AA2 as it is right now looks and feels old. I personally don't know what would be better, keep adding features to AAPG and then move on or to just start with AA5 now. If features can be ported between UE3 & UE4 somewhat easily, then it may be better to keep building up this game with less people watching it. Then when it's time for AA5, you can release with lots of features and proper gameplay.

Let's be honest, if there's an AA5 it will get tons of hype just like AAPG did. When AA5 comes eventually it absolutely needs to be done right the first time without a crappy releases. It needs to be stable, have good gun play, be filled with features, and a good matchmaking/competitive system. All this needs to be there from day 1.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Please try to keep the discussion on topic and about the patch notes.
    Other discussions / side discussions should go in their own thread so they can be discussed properly.
    Thanks!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    I used to love AA. i agree with everything scooby said. and uni the game being boring has nothing to do with how many hours you play. i played AA2 for many more hours than this game and i never felt like i had to stop playing. I play AAPG for any longer than an hour now and i want to stop playing on the computer period let alone the game. I also started playing insurgency and it basically is what AA should of been. minus a couple things.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player
    edited July 2016
    I just can't understand why everytime after an update the game feels so heavy, laggy, delays, warps. Slide doesnt feel smooth, movement sometimes doesnt feel smooth at all. The jumps - sometimes decent jumps other times I don't even know where I'm landing and where I'm aiming. I support the changes, just this making the game running so unstable its unenjoyable.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Thanks for a great game dev's I played BF3 when AA3 come out it cost me around £80 for the game it started at £35 then with all the updates and add ons it ended up costing me about £80.
    Now I wish I had just waited for AAPG because its a great game.
    We asked for hospital in aapg. We got it bigger and better than AA2.
    We asked for VIP mode. We got it.
    We asked for enemy Guns. We got them.
    We asked for extra maps. We got them I could go on and on.
    Guess what we didn't get ?
    We didn't get asked for any money or any extra money when a new feature come out.
    This is a great fee game one of the best out there so lets help put the word out instead of dragging it down.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    I just got a 4.3Mb update. Anyone else? I haven't heard anything about it yet.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I just got a 4.3Mb update. Anyone else? I haven't heard anything about it yet.
    Yep, same here. Just checked.