Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    As I said, good players in any sport adapt to new conditions better than their counterparts. If that doesn't describe you, I apologize.

And if the Devs decided to take "sprint" out of the game, we'd have to adapt even more, wouldn't we?

An absurd example, yes... but my point is that it's not about being able to adapt. Yes, skilled players will adapt and win, but just winning, itself, isn't fun... Good gamers get bored of easy games very quickly...

Slowing down the lean removes an important dynamic from the game that makes it interesting.
    (emphasis added)

There's a big difference between removing a mechanic and adjusting it.

If you could immediately fire after releasing sprint, there'd be little reason to ever *not* sprint around. Costs and trade-offs create complexity. Similarly, the faster the lean animation, the lower the cost for using it.
    Is it also a good time to point out that people had plenty of fun in competition with the beta *before* lean was even introduced? Shoulder-peeks everywhere.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    But Doba, they can't even do that. If AAPG was popular and moved away from what we knew as AA2, then so be it. But the numbers speak for themselves. If averaging 900 players is enough to satisfy Huntsville, we have a problem.

I think they're more interested with number of unique players rather than how many stay to play the game.. I dont know.. we all know its being done wrong, Im just trying very hard to make excuses for them... :dizzy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    But Doba, they can't even do that. If AAPG was popular and moved away from what we knew as AA2, then so be it. But the numbers speak for themselves. If averaging 900 players is enough to satisfy Huntsville, we have a problem.

I do tend to wonder what the long term goal of this game is. You'd think it would be to create something that's super popular, but we're not seeing that at all in this game and some of the changes that are made don't help that at all. VIP is the first real new feature that we've had since full release and it's only limited to certain maps. We still haven't had a full blown new feature that impacts every aspect of the game in a long long time. The game is stagnant.

Unfortunately, we have no idea what's in the pipeline or what the long term plan is. We're completely in the dark on a game that has such a small player base. I really see no reason for there to be so much secrecy. Are they afraid of disappointing the couple thousand (or less) people who play this game with any regularity? I think the community at this point would be much more happy to know what's coming.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    As I said, good players in any sport adapt to new conditions better than their counterparts. If that doesn't describe you, I apologize.

And if the Devs decided to take "sprint" out of the game, we'd have to adapt even more, wouldn't we?

An absurd example, yes... but my point is that it's not about being able to adapt. Yes, skilled players will adapt and win, but just winning, itself, isn't fun... Good gamers get bored of easy games very quickly...

Slowing down the lean removes an important dynamic from the game that makes it interesting.
    (emphasis added)

If you could immediately fire after releasing sprint, there'd be little reason to ever *not* sprint around. Costs and trade-offs create complexity. Similarly, the faster the lean animation, the lower the cost for using it.

Fair point about removing a mechanic and adjusting it. Perhaps I should've said "Slow sprint by half."

I suppose it's all a matter of opinion when you get down to it, but I've always thought that there was already enough cost for peaking. This comes from experience getting shot in the face lol... I'll state again, I've NEVER experienced the issue that the devs are referring to, in which someone can peak and shoot without being seen. Furthermore, I've never even been aware of ANYONE having this issue. O.o
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player

Nice spam shot! But what does this have to do with anything?
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    I also wouldn't mind knowing what is the purpose of this game, gameplay wise, and what is the direction/end goal.

Why was the m24 nerfed when it was already outclassed by SMs? Was it because some threads complaining about it? Then why are some of the other features that are discussed ad nauseum not touched like supported, suppression, etc.? Do I need an account with less than 0.5 K/D to have a valid opinion? If the sole purpose of the game is to be played by new players why is aimpunch in the game, a terrible feature overall, that absolutely wrecks newbs because they are slower?

It has nothing to do with adapting or being good or bad, some of the balance changes made in this 3 years are straight up incomprehensible from a players perspective.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 681Player
    Not to mention, that's one of the ek boys, probably on server a million miles from them. More like lag than the "bug" mentioned here.
    edited July 2016
    One other thing that's bothering me. The US flag on intro screen needs to be turned around...union on the left. Cmon vet devs. It IS the official game of the US Army, after all.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    No idea why that adapting argument gets thrown around whenever comp players disagree with changes. It's not like they won't whoop your butt any more, they wouldn't even care about not owning pubs any more if that actually was the case.

To dumb it down imagine a shooter with only one mechanic besides aiming. You are the best aimer and mastered the mechanic but now it's getting removed. Of course you'd still be the best player because of your aim but you will lose a lot more duels and there is nothing you can really do about it because there is nothing to learn any more. It's really not hard to understand why comp players don't like the game getting easier and easier with each patch.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Not to mention, that's one of the ek boys, probably on server a million miles from them. More like lag than the "bug" mentioned here.

Since it's my voice in that video and he is from the Netherlands I can assure you his ping was fine :)
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player

(emphasis added)

Fair point about removing a mechanic and adjusting it. Perhaps I should've said "Slow sprint by half."

I suppose it's all a matter of opinion when you get down to it, but I've always thought that there was already enough cost for peaking. This comes from experience getting shot in the face lol... I'll state again, I've NEVER experienced the issue that the devs are referring to, in which someone can peak and shoot without being seen. Furthermore, I've never even been aware of ANYONE having this issue. O.o

I've felt it a few times on the east side by the counter top and west of main choke in Inner Hospital. Especially if that person was using the M24. Once an "advantage" like this was known then most people would not bother talking about it. They would just avoid it.
    googley avatar aapg

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 753Player

Rofl, the player you are talking about is one of the very few who is not complaining, invests lot of time and money to bring life to this game. Show more respect to the "ek boys".

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    Slowing down the lean is really making people quit? is it really that bad a change? once upon a time the game never even had a lean in it :lol:

Has there ever been a state of happiness after a patch was released? why is every single patch a supposed game killer? the game has already died multiple deaths by that logic. The level of optimism here, the overwhelming sense of community spirit.. brings a tear to the eye.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Slowing down the lean is really making people quit? is it really that bad a change? once upon a time the game never even had a lean in it :lol:

Has there ever been a state of happiness after a patch was released? why is every single patch a supposed game killer? the game has already died multiple deaths by that logic. The level of optimism here, the overwhelming sense of community spirit.. brings a tear to the eye.

Not sure how your steamfriendslist looks like in the evening but mine has changed a lot over the past month. Whole diehard army clans are playing other games now. No,im not even talking about the comp ones. Sad to see and even i as a 10+ years junkie am bored to death. The few hours i spend are mainly brainless rushing and searching the exit button.

Something went wrong with the game,its undeniable,im just still not sure what it is.
    AAPG is good!
    You already said it.. your bored with the game.. and after all this time its understandable. No amount of new features or changes will suddenly make veterans feel like they are playing a fresh, exciting, new game.

A lot of us suffer with it think. Dont know about you guys but I play other games too.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Its not about freshness,its about the thrill AA gave you while playing. Theres no real depth.
    AAPG is good!
    edited July 2016

Rofl, the player you are talking about is one of the very few who is not complaining, invests lot of time and money to bring life to this game. Show more respect to the "ek boys".

There's no intended disrespect with what I said. You wont find a negative comment from me anywhere about ek. Everything is hunky dory, so relax. We're here to hate on the direction AAPG is heading, not each other. Duuhhh
    Oh I get what your saying.. I brainlessly rush too :lol:

I guess I just dont understand fully the big picture.. for example we dont like supported.. right? its cheap, but how is the removal of something like that making the game any deeper.. all you did was take away another part of the challenge (eg you are unsupported against someone who is). I get that it promotes people to sit there with zero recoil and a bunch of other negatives the thing brings.. but its removal you might say makes the game easier :lol: