Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited July 2016
    On VIP options.. If I pick rarely or normal, will someone who picked the 'often' choice, "always" be a VIP before me? or is there still some randomness to it?

Picking here a little, but I'd have preferred a role select screen (think AA2/3) and leave it to players to decide who fills the VIP slot.. I've already seen some players getting blasted for dying as the VIP, unavoidable by-product of such a gamemode I guess..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Adminplayerlist is a great addition but it overlaps the killfeed ;)

It does but it seemed like the best spot for it in order to overlap the least amount of UI. The console still shows kill so one can check that.
    [Gen]Adzic wrote: »
    On VIP options.. If I pick rarely or normal, will someone who picked the 'often' choice, "always" be a VIP before me? or is there still some randomness to it?

Picking here a little, but I'd have preferred a role select screen (think AA2/3) and leave it to players to decide who fills the VIP slot.. I've already seen some players getting blasted for dying as the VIP, unavoidable by-product of such a gamemode I guess..

Generally, players set on Rare will not be chosen, thought it is still possible. One could say they will be chosen rarely =)
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited July 2016
    I liked how the list was transparent displayed before patch. I had it running for whole matches and it didnt disturbed gameplay at all. For me the button in the adminpanel is enough ;) To the vip,i chosed often and didnt got picked as vip for 3 matches in a row on a full server :(

Btw,this guy is moving pretty silent,i like.
    AAPG is good!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Adminplayerlist is a great addition but it overlaps the killfeed ;)

Just move your killfeed and it's fixed. Seriously though, that list should be a moveable UI object so you can just move it where you want to.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2016

How it (currently) works by my reading:

It's a lottery and the number of tickets you buy is selected by the option you choose. Rare = 0 tickets, Normal = 3 tickets, Often = 5 tickets. If you were VIP last round you don't get any tickets. Select a ticket at random and that's VIP.

What if everybody chooses "Rarely" so that there aren't any tickets?
    Then the people that weren't VIP last round all get a ticket anyway (including "rare" players).

But there's still this weird edge case where...
    Alright, fine, the guy that was VIP last time can join the lottery too if nobody has a ticket by now.

So in a typical 12v12... (2 "rarely", 8 "normal", 2 "often"):
    If a "normal" was VIP last round, there will be (7x3 + 2x5) 31 tickets sold.
    "Rarely" won't be a VIP.
    "Normal" guys each have about a 10% chance of getting picked.
    "Often" guys each have about a 16% chance of getting picked.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    The VIP option is not great for competition - as the randomness, makes it difficult to actually have strategies made prior to round start.
    Would it be possible to add a function that made the VIP a specific player?
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited July 2016
    IMO, there could be a little bit better of a system even without fire teams.
    1. Put a request VIP button
    2. Only players in the VIP queue are eligible to be VIP (no settings to worry about)
    3. VIP remains if he wins the round
    4. Allow a winning VIP to opt out of the next round
    5. A weighted average or adder score is created using the following:
    a. Win Percentage
    b. Rounds played as VIP
    c. Never played as VIP before
    d. Previously been VIP in the session
    or something to that effect. You could have something like

Adder
    =
    Winning Percentage - 0 to 1
    Ranking In Total Matches Played vs. Queue - # divided by # of players in queue (most rounds played would be something like 12/12 = 1)
    Never played as VIP before - 0 or 1
    Previously been VIP in the session - 0 or -1.5

Could end up with something like
    1+1+0+-1.5 = 0.5
    0+0+1+0 = 1
    1+0.91+0-0 = 1.91
    0.5 + 0.67 + 0 + 0 = 1.17
    The 1.91 would win in this case. Followed by the 1.17 followed by the 1.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2016
    The VIP option is not great for competition - as the randomness, makes it difficult to actually have strategies made prior to round start.
    Would it be possible to add a function that made the VIP a specific player?
    Set three players "rare" and two players normal or often. I believe it should then alternate between the two. That'd be a decent short-term option.
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    It's a lottery and the number of tickets you buy is selected by the option you choose. Rare = 0 tickets, Normal = 3 tickets, Often = 5 tickets. If you were VIP last round you don't get any tickets. Select a ticket at random and that's VIP.
    People that selected often and win should get bonus tickets the next round instead of none, they want to be vip and have proven to be successful so I thinks its fair to give the team a chance to keep going.
    Saccho wrote: »

How it (currently) works by my reading:

What if everybody chooses "Rarely" so that there aren't any tickets?
    Then the people that weren't VIP last round all get a ticket anyway (including "rare" players).

But there's still this weird edge case where...
    Alright, fine, the guy that was VIP last time can join the lottery too if nobody has a ticket by now.

So in a typical 12v12... (2 "rarely", 8 "normal", 2 "often"):
    If a "normal" was VIP last round, there will be (7x3 + 2x5) 31 tickets sold.
    "Rarely" won't be a VIP.
    "Normal" guys each have about a 10% chance of getting picked.
    "Often" guys each have about a 16% chance of getting picked.

This is pretty much how it works.
  • JungleSheepJungleSheep Posts: 87Player
    edited July 2016
    Slow slide, now slow lean. This makes it harder to counter someone camping a corner as you will get shot by the time you fully lean to fire. Supported players also get a huge advantage against you. I would much prefer that a delay was added after you lean to prevent someone from unleaning quickly, but it doesn't slow down the time it takes to lean then fire.

Movement is now more sluggish. Not that I can't get used to it, but it does change how I play the game. I guess your movement decisions need to be more deliberate now. I still love the game though and the VIP mode is fun.

• Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Is there not a way to restrict new players from being the VIP, i mean they need to level first to even be able to scream hoaah all over the place. Why not do the same for VIP so they gain a bit more experience with the game so we don't have VIP's that just walk around or disconnect because they didn't want to be the VIP.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Is there not a way to restrict new players from being the VIP, i mean they need to level first to even be able to scream hoaah all over the place. Why not do the same for VIP so they gain a bit more experience with the game so we don't have VIP's that just walk around or disconnect because they didn't want to be the VIP.

Makes perfect sense to me, good idea :+1:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

This is something we had planned to do but had issues with at the last moment and we had to cut it. We plan to have the level requirement in with the next update.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    CaterP wrote: »

This is something we had planned to do but had issues with at the last moment and we had to cut it. We plan to have the level requirement in with the next update.

Well that would mean you could have a second account - if you want to be sure not to be VIP - which would be a way to play Competition and eSports matches with out the randomness off the lineup.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    yeah, I hope we don't lose too many new players because of VIP game mode and the way it's set up right now.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    Slow slide, now slow lean. This makes it harder to counter someone camping a corner as you will get shot by the time you fully lean to fire. Supported players also get a huge advantage against you. I would much prefer that a delay was added after you lean to prevent someone from unleaning quickly, but it doesn't slow down the time it takes to lean then fire.

Movement is now more sluggish. Not that I can't get used to it, but it does change how I play the game. I guess your movement decisions need to be more deliberate now. I still love the game though and the VIP mode is fun.

Not a bad idea. At least make the lean out speed slower if they want to prevent spamming. I don't think lean in and lean out have to be 100% the same speed, do they?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Lean speeds in and out are different. Leaning in is quicker than leaning out.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I've never had a problem killing anyone quick peeking.. nor have I had a problem getting wrecked during my own quick peeks.. If it isn't broken don't fix it :dizzy: