Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    The only other thing is really minor - sometimes there's broken glass at the start of a round. Noticed this on Inner.

That has been in the game since forever.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 231Player
    nice work!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    I still have to get used to it, but I think the slower leaning will change gameplay for the better. As others already said: it was simply OP how fast you could put an accurate shot, while the chance of getting hit was minimal.

After playing a couple of hours yesterday, I think the 'lean-a-boo' type of shots are still possible but harder to pull off. It's a good think in my opinion.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    edited July 2016
    I still have to get used to it, but I think the slower leaning will change gameplay for the better. As others already said: it was simply OP how fast you could put an accurate shot, while the chance of getting hit was minimal.

After playing a couple of hours yesterday, I think the 'lean-a-boo' type of shots are still possible but harder to pull off. It's a good think in my opinion.

I agree that it might seem OP, I think I can speak for some players here that have been in the FPS scene for a long time we didn't know anything other then quick peek from older FPS games. Now that i played a bit with it I'm starting to get used to it again but at first it was like a shock for me :lol:
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Wait, how is a feature OP if everyone playing the game has access to it?
  • ^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced^AWA^-=Poo=-aloced Posts: 66Player
    I see the game is very slowly moving in the correct direction. We finally made it to the year 2008.

Maybe we'll get a few more players but its still a very anemic trudge through the mud.

Unless there is some serious out of the box thinking this is the best we're going to get.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player

"Imbalanced" : provides an advantage to only one side

"Overpowered" : something is so good as to dominate the meta-game

Something can be OP without causing imbalance :)
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    Maclobster wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Just my own personal opinion, but since it was too easy to be accurate while quick leaning, yet hard to be hit at the same time, slowing down the lean was probably easier than adding code that altered the accuracy. It's a happy medium.

I don't know why anyone would think that a quick accurate lean while being hard to hit is somehow fair. It's an exploit of something that was built into the game...and now it's not.

this :+1:

Yep!
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • =NiW=-^pAYNE=NiW=-^pAYNE Posts: 48Player
    edited July 2016
    Is there smoke in the game or is Tots dyslexic?

Login still broken... no suppressors... no bipods... no 203's... do the Devs even listen to us...?
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Why do you guys insist on kicking this game while its down even further? I was unaware there was an issue with leaning to begin with, so I'm confused on why I now lean like a 100 year old brittle old lady.. I have an idea, lets destroy everything that made this game this game :)

I finally uninstalled the game tonight it was a good run.

After reading the notes I will keep the game un-installed. Officially joined the ranks of AA3.

When i first started playing AAPG it was awesome, I've never played a game and watched it decline to the 'unplayable' state before.

AA5 by wolverine! Fingers crossed!

• {DH}=CRAZYCANUCK44{DH}=CRAZYCANUCK44 Posts: 34Player
    Not sure why but the maps were not loaded into the ini file I had to put then in manually
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Is there smoke in the game or is Tots dyslexic?

I'm sure he knows what he's saying after confirming it twice.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player

Part of the issue is that it was so quick it could create situations where you could peek, shoot, kill, and go back in cover before the server could even update that your head was out at all to the other player.
    Dev kartigan did some clever math and made it so you can't do completely invisible lean kills any more.

It'll take a little getting used to the speed difference, but it'll make for overall better gameplay we believe.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    TLDR;

I don't play this game nearly enough to complain about lean, but I can see that you took away someone's edge and they aren't happy about. The good news is, everyone has to deal with it, not just those who perfected it.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • [Prt_Dictator][Prt_Dictator] Posts: 275Player
    Since the game doesn't force you to lean all the way, you can still do quick leans by tapping the button while being less exposed than before.
    Once people get used to this, quick leans are probably going to be just as powerful as before if not more. I'm afraid this change was not tested thoroughly and will not have the effect they expect.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    Just a small bug to report when you become vip and then go back to normal you loose cammo on M4
    until next match.

Great update dev's love the new addition to admin panel "player list".
    Also love the new slower lean.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    @Dictator - So the way to ensure this slower peak works properly is to enforce a full lean cycle and not allow the player to back out of it?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    @Dictator - So the way to ensure this slower peak works properly is to enforce a full lean cycle and not allow the player to back out of it?

Alternatives that might create even harsher forum response:
    - introduce inaccuracy during lean animation
    - desync 3p model and 1p model (player is more exposed to enemies than on own screen; 'hitbox' moves faster than point of view)
    - disable firing during lean animation

(This goes back to Rawrster's tongue-in-cheek "if you think this is the worst idea we've had, you should see what else we tested")

Part of lean effectiveness is how far away the body is from exposure. A slower lean animation means that, for the same duration of lean, the amount the head moves is smaller and the body must be closer to the desired firing spot. While Dictator may be right in that people will still lean-fire-unlean just as quickly, the amount of movement they get can't be as high and their body must necessarily be closer to exposure.
  • -{XL}-It''sCrosser!-{XL}-It''sCrosser! Posts: 61Player
    I am very satisfied. Thanks for what you do. The VIP is just a small piece of the puzzle;)
    34pz8uc.png
    xlegion.it
    Referent of the Italian Community of AA
    Steam ID: Crosser

iMac 27"
    Intel Core i5-4570
    CPU @ 3.20 Ghz
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia Ge Force GT 755M

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Adminplayerlist is a great addition but it overlaps the killfeed ;)
    AAPG is good!