Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    On a completely unrelated note.. Main Menu title font could use some extra impact.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited July 2016
    I don't know how else to say it. The issue was there, 100%. If you saw it or not (most likely you didn't it seems) it existed. This isn't heresay, or "lol badz can't lean" this was a problem found in the code, and then fixed by a programmer proficient with said code.
    It's not changing back, if anything it needs to be significantly slower to work 100% with the netcode.
    So we can go ahead and call this grand discussion handled.

There are a hand full of you we can't convince, and that's fine, but this dead horse has been beat 12 pages long enough.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited July 2016
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited July 2016
    Unfortunately, I haven't been playing much since the VIP update. However, I was able to play the game along with a teammate and the 3rdID guys on their server last night, VIP only. I have to say, I had a really good time with the mode. Our team was composed of some newer players and even so, everyone seemed to follow directions well and worked together towards capping the VIP, or extracting him safely.

In the past, I've advocated for fireteams and maybe even a battle planner to better organize players in FLO, and even BDX maps. Playing VIP reminded me of how enjoyable it can be to have players work together towards a common goal. I think most can agree that pubbing usually consists of a bunch of lone wolves doing their thing, and that's fine if the players are good enough. Having a VIP in your team posed an immediate threat of losing the round, and for that reason people HAVE to work together if they wish to not lose the round immediately.

I still hope to see something of this nature in the future, as I truly believe it was one of the better features AA3 had, along with the medic system, despite it's doomed launch.

With that said, it's good to have VIP back. How about another poll on what features we want to see like we had eons ago?
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,439Player
    I just cannot believe so many so called great players didn't know about this glitch.
    Or did they and that's why we have these 12 pages =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    I don't know how else to say it. The issue was there, 100%. If you saw it or not (most likely you didn't it seems) it existed. This isn't heresay, or "lol badz can't lean" this was a problem found in the code, and then fixed by a programmer proficient with said code.
    It's not changing back, if anything it needs to be significantly slower to work 100% with the netcode.
    So we can go ahead and call this grand discussion handled.

There are a hand full of you we can't convince, and that's fine, but this dead horse has been beat 12 pages long enough.

Well done fixing it. Now let's keep the good work. Have you guys take a look at slide? Doesn't the game feel less smooth now than before? flow is something that is essential for me and probably to everyone else too, and mos tof the times I can't play smoothly now, I just don't know why.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    VIP achievement isn't updated.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I just cannot believe so many so called great players didn't know about this glitch.
    Or did they and that's why we have these 12 pages =)

You can ask anyone in the comp community, I probably used quick peek the most, yet i've never been invisible to any of them.. but that is none of my business

Not like it really matters, I am still able to quick peek.. its just a lot slower ;)
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Now I wish I had just waited for AAPG because its a great game.
    We asked for hospital in aapg. We got it bigger and better than AA2.
    We asked for VIP mode. We got it.
    We asked for enemy Guns. We got them.
    We asked for extra maps. We got them I could go on and on.
    Guess what we didn't get ?
    We didn't get asked for any money or any extra money when a new feature come out.
    This is a great fee game one of the best out there so lets help put the word out instead of dragging it down.

Hospital, Pipleine, Bridge. Extremely popular AA maps that should have been in AAPG by default w/o anyone asking. Remastered with AAPG twists or not.

VIP Mode. Again, a wildly popular mode that made Hospital very popular in AA2. Should have had plans to implement in due time. Maybe in a semi-annual patch. Not exactly necessary IMO for the game to be popular. But neat anyway.

Enemy Guns. A feature we "Asked for" that should've been in the game by default.

Maps. Large maps with too much foliage. Better UMM's out there are produced 1000x faster than we get official releases.

Money. Well, contrary to popular belief, we're still paying for this game through taxation. I wonder how much SAIC is paid to provide the contractors for the Army Game Studio folks? A ton, if it's like any other government contract. So yea. We're paying for it. And if we're unhappy about the product and my tax dollars funding this game, we should have an avenue to complain w/o filing a congressional complaint.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,439Player
    Hospital and Bridge was put in from the start.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    I think the game is coming along nicely , with all the UMM's we are getting a lot of ideas and different style gameplay . The VIP was definitely a huge boost.
    I would like to ak if there will be some more high power weapons in the future, its haard to watch those videos where the guys are firing the AT4 rockets and we have none to put in our maps , the 203's etc.
    I realize the game was not set up for those weapons originally but with the growth of and diversity of the UMM's , I think it would be nice to at least be able to put them into maps that are appropriate for such weapons , I mean just like the VIP Mode , it would lend a boost to the options regarding gameplay and variety to the map makers who are working so hard to bring the games alive and provide new and exciting ways to enjoy the game.
    Whats your thoughts??
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    I think the game is coming along nicely , with all the UMM's we are getting a lot of ideas and different style gameplay . The VIP was definitely a huge boost.
    I would like to ak if there will be some more high power weapons in the future, its haard to watch those videos where the guys are firing the AT4 rockets and we have none to put in our maps , the 203's etc.
    I realize the game was not set up for those weapons originally but with the growth of and diversity of the UMM's , I think it would be nice to at least be able to put them into maps that are appropriate for such weapons , I mean just like the VIP Mode , it would lend a boost to the options regarding gameplay and variety to the map makers who are working so hard to bring the games alive and provide new and exciting ways to enjoy the game.
    Whats your thoughts??

Sounds good to me, just as long as the devs are smart enough to not have them in every single official map .
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    At this point in terms of adding assets that will attract people ..go for it.. as long as it can be turned on or off who cares..

Rockets, 203's, whatever peeks your interest.. but I don't want to see it every where like Whip mentioned..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Whoever is in charge of coding weapon behaviour.. if RPG is ever added, be sure to include backblast damage :mrgreen:

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    Whoever is in charge of coding weapon behaviour.. if RPG is ever added, be sure to include backblast damage :mrgreen:

and random off target shots :lol:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    I agree if we put it in then it should be assets that can be put in by the map maker and not to affect the official side, I really do think that they would be a good idea for custom maps . I mean it will open whole new dynamic for the larger maps.
    I believe having some toys available to UMM usage only.. exclusively, that will help the growth and appeal of UMMs on the whole. It actually could be a genius move.

• -=Pvt.Paula=--=Pvt.Paula=- Posts: 15Player
    Fix for downed enemies sometimes going into a standing state when a secure is aborted
    nope, not fixed at all ^^ :o

There ia slso a fix needed to prevent that a NAME CHANGE reset successfully completed Achiefments (for gods sake O.o , a simple name change ruins the hard work of weeks ? :-O )
    "You can invest in a thing your whole HEART and your whole passion, to make sure its like "idiot proof" and the next day you will get bashed from karma: karma invented and developed a better idiot."

banner_560x95.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Fix for downed enemies sometimes going into a standing state when a secure is aborted
    nope, not fixed at all ^^ :o

There ia slso a fix needed to prevent that a NAME CHANGE reset successfully completed Achiefments (for gods sake O.o , a simple name change ruins the hard work of weeks ? :-O )

None of your stats are ruined. You just can't use certain characters in your name if you want the in-game stats to be correct. Your account stats will still be "correct" on the website and as soon as you change your name back to something not containing those characters your in-game stats will show up just fine again.
    Had another update today, might I ask what this one for?

291mgxy.jpg