Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

1911131415

Comments

  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited July 2016
    Saccho wrote: »
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Why not make "lean out" slower and leave "lean in" the same? Has less of an impact on the attacker when they're trying to take out someone who's defending a corner.
    Old: LeanRate=8.0
    New: LeanOutRate=4.0, LeanInRate=6.0

    Leaving lean-in fast reduces the cost of attempting lean-peek-unlean shots. The faster the lean in, the less time for the opponent to react // for the server to see and forward the state change.

    An opponent having less time to react is not an issue. That's the point. However, if the player tries to quick lean, they'll be exposed after they let go of the lean button, giving the enemy more time to react and kill (if the enemy missed or didn't kill him). To me that makes the move have more risk, but also a great reward if done properly. I'd rather LeanOutRate = 2 and LeanInRate = 8 (I have no idea how these values would alter it).
    I would think the issue is that when the in and out happens so quickly that the server just doesn't register it... and maybe that's your point that no matter how slow the out is, if the in happens too quick for the server to recognize then the player will be able to kill his enemy before he even sees what happens. I'm not sure if that's actually the case, I'll leave that for the people who do the coding.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited July 2016
    Kartigan is super busy today, but I have a short answer from him:

    "The short answer is, by the time you received status from the server, that they were leaning, it is already sending you a 0 lean value. i.e. you never saw them lean. I want to do more for it. The slowdown, at best, is sending 50% as is. i.e. if they toggle lean all you ever see is 50% lean (and I'm talking LAN speeds here). Player presses lean -> server receives lean -> server processes lean -> server sends lean. If you send 50, 0, in quick succession it'll process that zero, and never the 50."

    my theory is to put a curve on the speed of the lean. And make them inverse between the client/server. So client would start slow lean, server would start fast lean as the server processes it, it would be more in sync
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Kartigan is super busy today, but I have a short answer from him:

    "The short answer is, by the time you received status from the server, that they were leaning, it is already sending you a 0 lean value. i.e. you never saw them lean. I want to do more for it. The slowdown, at best, is sending 50% as is. i.e. if they toggle lean all you ever see is 50% lean (and I'm talking LAN speeds here). Player presses lean -> server receives lean -> server processes lean -> server sends lean. If you send 50, 0, in quick succession it'll process that zero, and never the 50."

    my theory is to put a curve on the speed of the lean. And make them inverse between the client/server. So client would start slow lean, server would start fast lean as the server processes it, it would be more in sync

    This is great and all.. but.. I still have never had that issue.. and by the sounds of most of the replies, neither has most.. sure it wasn't just a fps issue or ping issue causing said issue?
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    This is great and all.. but.. I still have never had that issue.. and by the sounds of most of the replies, neither has most.. sure it wasn't just a fps issue or ping issue causing said issue?

    Ditto

    Also, were you able to replicate the issue? I'm sorry for so many questions, but this change caught me really off guard because it was totally unexpected. :/

  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's on a no latency set up, using a local loopback. You couldn't have more optimal server connections, and it exists (and replicates] even in that environment.
    Of course you couldn't notice it if the server was never sending you the data, which is the issue. So you can't notice what you can't even see.

    The server is sending you processed data, the client sends your lean data to the server and processes it for the other clients so that the clients don't have to process it. You would have instances of people not seeing the lean at all, which would be impossible for you to notice because you never had the data.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited July 2016
    I imagine its like the..

    "Holy Moly.. I ducked behind the wall before the dude started shooting.. but he still killed me" the classic killed behind cover phenomena, on your screen you are not in sight and have ducked, but on their screen your still standing?

    right?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    TheTots wrote: »
    It's on a no latency set up, using a local loopback. You couldn't have more optimal server connections, and it exists (and replicates] even in that environment.
    Of course you couldn't notice it if the server was never sending you the data, which is the issue. So you can't notice what you can't even see.

    The server is sending you processed data, the client sends your lean data to the server and processes it for the other clients so that the clients don't have to process it. You would have instances of people not seeing the lean at all, which would be impossible for you to notice because you never had the data.

    I should have at least had the issue where I got shot from someone doing this and not have seen them correct? for it to be a problem.. something has to have been happening to make it such a huge issue?

    Also, the way your saying it, it is if you tested it and have proof.. I wouldn't mind seeing it for myself
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Yeah, I can't recall a time where I was killed by a quick peak and didn't see it...and I've been killed countless times by it, especially in scrims...often by Revert :(
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,439Player
    I can recall many times this happening that's why I am glad they slowed it down.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I can recall many times this happening that's why I am glad they slowed it down.

    Probably due to high pingers playing in your server..
    Also, Sorry Delton, Might have to pay you a visit <3
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Kartigan is super busy today, but I have a short answer from him:

    "The short answer is, by the time you received status from the server, that they were leaning, it is already sending you a 0 lean value. i.e. you never saw them lean. I want to do more for it. The slowdown, at best, is sending 50% as is. i.e. if they toggle lean all you ever see is 50% lean (and I'm talking LAN speeds here). Player presses lean -> server receives lean -> server processes lean -> server sends lean. If you send 50, 0, in quick succession it'll process that zero, and never the 50."

    my theory is to put a curve on the speed of the lean. And make them inverse between the client/server. So client would start slow lean, server would start fast lean as the server processes it, it would be more in sync

    This is great and all.. but.. I still have never had that issue.. and by the sounds of most of the replies, neither has most.. sure it wasn't just a fps issue or ping issue causing said issue?

    Well I had this issue quite a few times actually. That's why this new lean update is actually a good implement. I just would love the increase of smoothness/flow of the game as well (like beta times maybe).

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    Well I had this issue quite a few times actually. That's why this new lean update is actually a good implement. I just would love the increase of smoothness/flow of the game as well (like beta times maybe).

    Notice how I said the word "Most" O.o and fair enough, so 2 euros so far with the issue..


  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited July 2016
    I've never noticed it either. I blame myself for dying though, so I'd blame myself for not seeing the enemy as well if that ever happened to me. Could've been a really rare bug, certainly didn't happen often enough for me to question the game and record my deaths. I really don't mind the change because even without the bug it was kinda broken. Not as broken as supported though which got buffed by the change and is even better now.. meh.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,439Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I can recall many times this happening that's why I am glad they slowed it down.

    Probably due to high pingers playing in your server..
    Also, Sorry Delton, Might have to pay you a visit <3

    You are welcome anytime =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I can recall many times this happening that's why I am glad they slowed it down.

    Probably due to high pingers playing in your server..
    Also, Sorry Delton, Might have to pay you a visit <3

    You are welcome anytime =)

    I think you misunderstand what I was implying lol
    I was showing me still quick peeking.. and I would have to pay your server a visit to quick peek you.. :)
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    The supported is SO horrible it's insane, yet they nerf the lean. At least they're consistent with other things besides deleting my posts.

    TOS needs an update

    (iii) Pointing out obvious flaws will result in posts being deleted

  • ChickenChicken Posts: 13Beta Tester
    for those that claim they have "never seen this glitch" are you not missing the point..... the glitch is such that you would not have seen it, it was tooooo quick to see or register on your client.......

    And IF you were doing it you wouldn't know that the other player didn't see you either.....because he didn't know you just quick leaned as he didn't see it

    The fact that none of you claim to have known or used it is wonderful... at least we know you are scrupulous players....
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    edited July 2016
    Chicken wrote: »
    for those that claim they have "never seen this glitch" are you not missing the point..... the glitch is such that you would not have seen it, it was tooooo quick to see or register on your client.......

    And IF you were doing it you wouldn't know that the other player didn't see you either.....because he didn't know you just quick leaned as he didn't see it

    The fact that none of you claim to have known or used it is wonderful... at least we know you are scrupulous players....

    I would notice if an invisible person killed me. It's possible that it could slip by me a few times, but not EVERY time for as many hours as I have invested in the game...

    I'm not saying that it hasn't happened to others, since there are some people who claim that it has, but not to me.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited July 2016
    Chicken wrote: »
    for those that claim they have "never seen this glitch" are you not missing the point..... the glitch is such that you would not have seen it, it was tooooo quick to see or register on your client.......

    And IF you were doing it you wouldn't know that the other player didn't see you either.....because he didn't know you just quick leaned as he didn't see it

    The fact that none of you claim to have known or used it is wonderful... at least we know you are scrupulous players....

    I would notice if an invisible person killed me. It's possible that it could slip by me a few times, but not EVERY time for as many hours as I have invested in the game...

    I'm not saying that it hasn't happened to others, since there are some people who claim that it has, but not to me.

    Maybe you are causing it :naughty:

    Seriously though, chances a good player will accidently use it are higher since bad players don't know how to quick lean.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    It just seems like a quick lean + the use of angles makes it seem invisible to some low end players.. but sorry never been shot by a ghost and always seen people peeking .. can't recall a single time where I was bothered by a quick peek.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
Sign In or Register to comment.