Game Update Notes (30 June 2016)

17810121315

Comments

  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Was it umm update or game?
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Was probably them changing the login screen/backdrop. The 4th of July/American flag theme is gone.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    .Scooby wrote: »
    Was probably them changing the login screen/backdrop. The 4th of July/American flag theme is gone.

    Yep. AAEntry.umap changed, I didn't see anything else.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Patch notes have always been missing stuff and I've always wondered how and why.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,189Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    We asked for hospital in aapg. We got it bigger and better than AA2.
    We asked for VIP mode. We got it.
    We asked for enemy Guns. We got them.
    We asked for extra maps. We got them I could go on and on.
    Guess what we didn't get ?
    We didn't get asked for any money or any extra money when a new feature come out.
    This is a great fee game one of the best out there so lets help put the word out instead of dragging it down.

    :+1:

    This, this is where energy should be spent. Most all of us here have helped shape the game into what it is now, by the things we have asked for and got, the feedback we've all provided over the years.. from its core way back when we had hit markers and M4 Acogs.. right up to its release and even still now..

    They owe us nothing.. yet they give us something, we gotta be in some ways grateful.. maybe even a little thankful and recognize that.

    So what the game don't have 1,000,000 active players! I see it as 997,000 people are missing out on a good game they don't even have to pay for. Anybody would think we'd wasted £30-£40 of hard earned on a bad game the way some people behave.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited July 2016
    The only thing this patch really got me crazy with is that the VIP is out of his bed, but you still hear his hearth monitor bleeping and the breathing device pumping air. Can't that be turned off ?? Also, the garden to lobby entrance in hospital are those top windows blocked off with a invisible wall or is the jump hight reduced, after testing it i could not get in it anymore :sweat:
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited July 2016
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    We asked for hospital in aapg. We got it bigger and better than AA2.
    We asked for VIP mode. We got it.
    We asked for enemy Guns. We got them.
    We asked for extra maps. We got them I could go on and on.

    You're right, but we also never got a lot of what we asked for. Still don't have doors in official maps (and they tend to be buggy in unofficial maps). Still don't have any kind of matchmaking. Still don't have a front attachment system. Still don't have many maps that are greatly loved. We still have things like the aim punch/suppression combo.

    The Dev team has done some really good things and I think that overall the game is way better than it was on day 1. However, the constant tweaking of movement and gun play plus adding things like aim punch on top of suppression which are meant to reduce the already small skill curve in this game is crappy. It negates a lot of that great work because it makes the gameplay quality poor.

    Also, one of my big issues with the game is that there's not enough variety. No matter what the map, it all feels about the same. We have the same weapons available in every map. Same load outs and roles in every map. No variety in how we customize our weapons. It gets bland.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    When I was a crew chief on several different race teams, certain people would ask me, somewhat grumpily, why do you always focus on the negatives?

    "Because that's where the improvements are hiding. It's my job to find improvements and make them happen, not make people happy singing songs about rainbows."

    Folks, I GET this stuff. I just know that tearing the team and their work down and not giving constructive feedback and not understanding the limitations....and being downright NASTY....that doesn't help.

    Having an opinion is fine, having an opinion is more than fine, but I am convinced that HOW they are expressed is why this forum and game is empty. Fun isn't just about challenge and meta and whether lean is slow....it's about the type of people creating the atmosphere.

    Good people have been doing what the Army told them to do. Stop thinking you are the boss, and maybe lighten up a little. We are ALL in the same boat.
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited July 2016
    Hey I know you Devs are doing a lot and this update had a lot of things. Are there any plans to add new vids to your Youtube channel regarding updates?
    channel for curious.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Honestly I don't care what they try to do with the game as long as they take it out if it gets bad reviews.. there are so many features that constantly get bad reviews but remain in the game.. and out of no where we get something like a slow down to lean.. sense no makes
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    TheTots wrote: »

    Part of the issue is that it was so quick it could create situations where you could peek, shoot, kill, and go back in cover before the server could even update that your head was out at all to the other player.
    Dev kartigan did some clever math and made it so you can't do completely invisible lean kills any more.

    It'll take a little getting used to the speed difference, but it'll make for overall better gameplay we believe.

    I'll re post this since everyone keeps asking why it was done. It was bugged and regularly exploited, this closes the exploit. Simple as that.
    You can't counter something you can't even see.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited July 2016
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care what they try to do with the game as long as they take it out if it gets bad reviews.. there are so many features that constantly get bad reviews but remain in the game.. and out of no where we get something like a slow down to lean.. sense no makes

    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3595/quick-leaning-glitch/
    Also look out comment by Tots above.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,126Player
    edited July 2016
    TheTots wrote: »
    TheTots wrote: »

    Part of the issue is that it was so quick it could create situations where you could peek, shoot, kill, and go back in cover before the server could even update that your head was out at all to the other player.
    Dev kartigan did some clever math and made it so you can't do completely invisible lean kills any more.

    It'll take a little getting used to the speed difference, but it'll make for overall better gameplay we believe.

    I'll re post this since everyone keeps asking why it was done. It was bugged and regularly exploited, this closes the exploit. Simple as that.
    You can't counter something you can't even see.

    Why not make "lean out" slower and leave "lean in" the same? Has less of an impact on the attacker when they're trying to take out someone who's defending a corner.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    I miss the yellow dot in the mini map when I'm down. Now I'm green like everyone else.
    Bring back the yelllow dot or I'll quit.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Why not make "lean out" slower and leave "lean in" the same? Has less of an impact on the attacker when they're trying to take out someone who's defending a corner.
    Old: LeanRate=8.0
    New: LeanOutRate=4.0, LeanInRate=6.0

    Leaving lean-in fast reduces the cost of attempting lean-peek-unlean shots. The faster the lean in, the less time for the opponent to react // for the server to see and forward the state change.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    Pvt.Phushi wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care what they try to do with the game as long as they take it out if it gets bad reviews.. there are so many features that constantly get bad reviews but remain in the game.. and out of no where we get something like a slow down to lean.. sense no makes

    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3595/quick-leaning-glitch/
    Also look out comment by Tots above.

    I don't understand why this thread would incite change. It seems like the author and 1 or 2 other people against the opinion of everyone else...? Plus no proof of an actual glitch...
    TheTots wrote: »
    TheTots wrote: »

    Part of the issue is that it was so quick it could create situations where you could peek, shoot, kill, and go back in cover before the server could even update that your head was out at all to the other player.
    Dev kartigan did some clever math and made it so you can't do completely invisible lean kills any more.

    It'll take a little getting used to the speed difference, but it'll make for overall better gameplay we believe.

    I'll re post this since everyone keeps asking why it was done. It was bugged and regularly exploited, this closes the exploit. Simple as that.
    You can't counter something you can't even see.

    Tots, is there any video proof of this bug? I'm just shocked that, in my thousands of hours of play time in this game, I've never experienced this even once. :/ I mean... I've been quick peaked, but I've always seen it when it's in my field of vision.

    Additionally, I hadn't even heard of this bug until the update notes. Usually, bugs are regularly vocalized in pub matches... For example, supported users that shoot you without seeming to be looking at you...
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    So one guy makes a thread saying something is a glitch and provides zero proof or evidence of quick leaning actually being a glitch.. and seems to be the only one having this issue.. it gets changed.. but countless people complaining about supported glitches and how OP it is, WITH proof I might add.. and nothing is ever done.. I guess that makes sense
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It didn't really have anything to do with that thread. It had to do with one of our programmers noticing the issue in code and taking steps to fix it.
    I'll see if Kartigan has time later to make a more detailed post about it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    It didn't really have anything to do with that thread. It had to do with one of our programmers noticing the issue in code and taking steps to fix it.
    I'll see if Kartigan has time later to make a more detailed post about it.

    Thanks Tots, I appreciate the response, and would be very interested in seeing a detailed post.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    edited July 2016
    TheTots wrote: »
    It didn't really have anything to do with that thread. It had to do with one of our programmers noticing the issue in code and taking steps to fix it.
    I'll see if Kartigan has time later to make a more detailed post about it.

    I eagerly await his response.. Hopefully he provides proof.. I don't mean to sound bias or anything.. but I mean.. I play on a 60hz monitor, my fps can range sometimes from 50-120.. and my ping has ranged 50-140 depending on the server, and I've never once seen this imaginary glitch O.o so any word on supported yet? or does imaginary gitches take precedence over real issues?

    I do appreciate you replying though, at least someone is paying attention :)
Sign In or Register to comment.