[SOLVED]M249 Suppress Enemy Challenge

PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
edited July 2016 in Game Support
M249 Suppress Enemy Challenge - how do you get to do it?
I keep shooting at enemies pinned down, but can not seem to do it properly. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 989Moderator
    If youre to close there wont be any suppression, i dont know at what distance it will kick in tho.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    frankof wrote: »
    If youre to close there wont be any suppression, i dont know at what distance it will kick in tho.

So basically I need to play bridge crossing for it to happen :p
    frankof wrote: »

So basically I need to play bridge crossing for it to happen :p
    No, Rocky Road will do nicely if you can shoot from spawn to spawn ;)

Seriously, its not that far, its just set to a limit so it shouldn't be a factor in CQB, its something like 10m.

With that said, under controlled(?) testing, i have had issues with it, but in "normal" gameplay it has worked without thinking about it.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 495Beta Tester
    I don't remember having issues with this. To be honest, by the time you get a required amount of kills (250? 500?) you will get it, even if it's wonky ant some times.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    keep at it, it might be resolved as there's some odditys with it.
    (it might be a bug there, but thats for the dev's to sort out)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    I am at 225/250 and has not gotten it. That's why I asked. I wonder if it is wonky or not.

I would advice the devs to have some bette description of the challenges ( for instance, hawkeye = 3 kills in round)
    I really can not understand that challenge. Can somebody explain it to my like i am 5ive ?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'm fairly certain you understand it correctly and it's just not working. After >200 kills it's impossible to not supress an enemy at some point.
    I have come to the point where I try to shoot over their head to not kill them anymore.
    AAAAAHHHHH - from the Weapon Guide - you need to suppress 5 or more enemies within 1 round.

Thank you @[Dev]Rawster to make a guide I should have read... (although I took my quiet some time to actually find the guide)
    It was in the guide?
    hmm, maybe i should read them some time :D
    To be fair, there is a issue with the description, both on the soldier stats page and in game.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Is there a certain way you have to do it because i have all the kills and hawkeyes but just cant get it and its the only thing stopping me from worn for saw
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    M249 supression works at a minimum of 8-10 metres if i recall correctly
  • -vR.Your-Mama!-vR.Your-Mama! Posts: 2Player
    ok look devs.....the challenges really need to have a [TOS Violation] description of the achievements needed!....I have no earthly clue what it takes to get a hawk eye! or the enemy suppress! WHY THE SECRECY! Please give some sort of description of the achievements needed or toss that crap in the trash!
  • -vR.Your-Mama!-vR.Your-Mama! Posts: 2Player
    and bye the way you should take the solved off this post as anyone reading this will beg to differ. first, what does it mean to suppress enemy? is there a length of time i need to do it for? the distance seems to be stated above but not my questions. do i have to let some one else kill him or can i do it after a specified length of time?......Again, this "enemy suppress" is EXTREMELY vague as is almost everything except the number of kills required. i really cant seem to figure out why you want you have made it so darned secretive....
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I'm so sorry I don't know how this thread slipped by me. I will get with our lead designer tomorrow and get you a solid answer.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    When you are shot by an enemy m249 and he shoots a couple rounds passed your head, your vision will be blurred and you'll be having trouble aiming, you are now suppressed.

If you trigger this "suppress" 5 times in a round on 5 or more different enemies, you succeed.
    You cannot suppress a the same single enemy 5 times, you need others.

Shots must travel at least 9.9 meters before they'll cause suppression. This means that, for extremely close-range battles, you won't get suppressed.
    This quote was taken from the Weapons guide/weapon mechanics guide.

If you are still confused about the other challenge coins, take a look at the attached picture, taken from the guide.

• IKing-Simba-IKing-Simba- Posts: 1Player
    edited April 21
    If you get a team to throw some smoke the way there coming from and you empty the whole clip you’ll get it . That’s how I did it.